CGI’s Application Management and Support (AMS) service provides stable operation and ongoing enhancement and modernisation of new and established software application portfolios.
Our continuous service improvement approach eliminates waste and releases costs which we use to enable transformation or modernisation of legacy applications in readiness for migration to new platforms/cloud.
- Application monitoring, support, incident & problem management, defect resolution
- Incremental application modernisation, avoiding costly new solutions development
- Proactive availability and capacity management supporting variable workloads
- Configuration and release management, version support, source code management
- Maintenance, change, upgrade and enhancement using agile development methods
- DevOps model - automated testing and continuous implementation/delivery (CI/CD)
- Rigorous governance, testing, quality assurance, reporting, trends and analytics
- Security Accreditation - protecting citizen data to highest levels
- Specialisms: Citizen Facing, Case Management, Workforce Collaboration, Scheduling, Rostering
- Sectors: Justice, Policing, Prosecution, Courts, Prisons, Probation, Central Government
- Measurable cost efficiency – typical savings in excess of 25%
- Low risk modernisation at a pace suiting your needs
- Improved service levels / KPIs for business critical applications
- Faster incident resolution and reduced incident and problem rate
- Greater resilience and stability leading to improved business performance
- Improved productivity and velocity – earlier implementation and benefits realisation
- Improved experience/satisfaction through frequent user feedback and survey
- Easy onboarding of additional applications delivering economies of scale
- Effective integration of legacy and heritage with new software
- Improved collaboration and interfaces with other Public Sector bodies
£439 per person per day
|How the planning service works||
Each planning/on-boarding engagement is led by an Account Manager supported by a team comprising Service and Application Architects, Transition and Service Delivery Managers. This ensures the application management vision developed during the on-boarding phase is also achieved during the delivery phase.
CGI's AMS on-boarding process focuses on establishing an Application Roadmap for each client, and the on-boarding journey is supported by three key phases as described below:
Service Strategy - Includes understanding client's application portfolio, current and future demands and challenges associated with service provisioning, as well as the Application Pipeline, Catalogue and areas for Application Rationalisation.
Service Design - ITIL aligned services are designed based on the strategy and service levels agreed with the client ensuring we deliver a flexible, reliable and cost effective service. The design phase focuses on ensuring CGI has the necessary capacity and capabilities to deliver the agreed strategy.
Service Transition - focuses on establishing the service delivery capabilities for assets and applications to be supported by CGI. This includes transfer of staff, assets and applications from the client team or third Party to CGI and setting up the application connectivity or hosting applications (where applicable). In this phase a client contact methodology is agreed.
|Planning service works with specific services||No|
|Training service provided||No|
Setup and migration
|Setup or migration service available||Yes|
|How the setup or migration service works||See above|
|Setup or migration service is for specific cloud services||No|
Quality assurance and performance testing
|Quality assurance and performance testing service||Yes|
|How the quality assurance and performance testing works||
CGI offers a portfolio of services via our QA and Testing Practice (5200 industry certified testing professionals strongly aligned to the ISTQB), helping clients manage and optimise all aspects of quality assurance and testing.
Our lifecycle quality management approach increases quality, reduces risk and lowers costs. We follow the principles of ""test early and often"" capturing defects early, ensuring ensure client budgets are used effectively for quality conformance activities rather than damage control in live environments.
We utilise proprietary QA and testing frameworks and methodologies offering a disciplined approach that delivers repeatable results. Industry solutions addressing application testing challenges and business risks, an integrated suite of strategic and operational QA and testing services keep our clients ahead of the curve.
Our practical experience in delivering solutions has developed our best practice approach to performance engineering, It is applicable to waterfall lifecycle or agile delivery methodologies, provides a flexible degree of assurance, driven by specific client needs. A key principle is that assurance activities should commence early; ideally from initiation/requirements capture and no later than during production of the functional specifications. This ensures the performance requirements are clearly defined and understood, then flowing these down into design assurance activities and artefacts.
|Security services type||
|Certified security testers||Yes|
|Security testing certifications||
|Ongoing support service||No|
|Service constraints||CGI has standard AMS service attributes. Service variants will be discussed during the call-off process when CGI will be pleased to also discuss client specific constraints and available options.|
|Email or online ticketing support||Email or online ticketing|
|Support response times||During the procurement process we will respond to questions within one business day. During the on-boarding process we will create a set of standards and procedures for each engagement. In terms of responding to questions this will be in-line with the communications process defined for specific Service Levels.|
|User can manage status and priority of support tickets||Yes|
|Online ticketing support accessibility||None or don’t know|
|Phone support availability||9 to 5 (UK time), Monday to Friday|
|Web chat support||Web chat|
|Web chat support availability||9 to 5 (UK time), Monday to Friday|
|Web chat support accessibility standard||None or don’t know|
|How the web chat support is accessible||Skype for Business|
|Web chat accessibility testing||...|
CGI recognises that the approach for managing the service and relationship with clients is key to the success of an on-going service. CGI is able to offer the comfort that, as well as having a structured methodology, our solutions will be delivered to an agreed set of performance standards backed by a specific Service Level Agreement (SLA) tailored to client requirements which will be regularly reviewed.
CGI offers 4 levels of Applications Support
L1 - First Line Support - Telephone helpdesk
L2 - Second Line Applications Support
L3 - Third Line Applications Support
L4 – Management of Product and Vendor Support
|Supplier type||Not a reseller|
|Staff security clearance||Other security clearance|
|Government security clearance||Up to Developed Vetting (DV)|
|Price||£439 per person per day|
|Discount for educational organisations||No|
|Pricing document||View uploaded document|
|Skills Framework for the Information Age rate card||View uploaded document|
|Service definition document||View uploaded document|
|Terms and conditions document||View uploaded document|