Cookies on Digital Marketplace
Cookies are files saved on your phone, tablet or computer when you visit a website.
How cookies are used on Digital Marketplace
We store a session cookie on your device to help keep your information secure while you use the service.
- Stores encrypted session data
- 1 hour
Testing if cookies are accepted
We test whether your browser is accepting cookies from Digital Marketplace, by setting a cookie. This cookie allows us to give useful error messages when things go wrong.
- Tells us if your browser is accepting cookies
- 1 year
Measuring website usage
We use Google Analytics to measure how you use the Digital Marketplace so we can improve it based on user needs.
Google Analytics sets cookies that store anonymised information about:
- how you got to Digital Marketplace
- the pages you visit on Digital Marketplace and government digital services, and how long you spend on each page
- what you click on while you’re using the service
We do not allow Google to use or share the data about how you use this site.
- Helps us count how many users visit GOV.UK after visiting Digital Marketplace
- 10 minutes
Analytics settings cookie
If you choose to accept or reject analytics cookies, we store this setting in a separate cookie.
Setting this cookie also stops the cookie banner appearing on later visits.
You can change your analytics settings at any time.
- Tells us that you have seen our cookie message
- 1 year