Plan b provide a comprehensive suite of cloud support services inclusive of capability, transformation and migration consultancy, project delivery, architectural and technical SME delivery, with supporting digital tooling and proven approaches underpinning the adoption of cloud services from an IaaS to SaaS/BPaaS level across public and private cloud hybrid platforms.
- Cloud Adoption & Migration Strategy Development
- Cloud & Digital Target Operating Model Development & Mobilisation
- Cloud Architectural Strategies, Roadmaps, Patterns, Standards & Governance
- Cloud Platform Engineering (Agile Design, Build, Test Methodology)
- Service Modelling, Introduction Processes & Operational Process Design Services
- Cloud Hosting Decision Tree - Bespoke Tool Development & Mobilisation
- Cloud Hosting & Digital Best Practice, Principles & Policy Development
- 3rd Party Vendor & Product Evaluations (Including 3rd party roadmapping)
- Cloud Application Migration Strategy, Discovery, Readiness Assessments & Planning Services
- General Cloud Consulting Services (Advisory, Health Checks & Assurance)
- Proven enterprise level knowledge and experience across multiple business functions
- Mature IP and tooling developed across multiple clients
- Known, tested and vetted SMEs across multiple competency towers
- Cost-effective, outcome based delivery - Only pay on completion
- Client reference of previous delivery of services and outcomes
- Established partners relationships with industry leading cloud platform product suppliers
£300 per person per day
Plan b Professional Services
|How the planning service works||
Plan b’s Cloud competency tower includes focused, consistent and familiar resources who have collectively driven the same journey for clients multiple times and have developed extensive knowledge, experience and IP which continues to further accelerate its client's adoption of cloud. Plan b can bear significant value across all key areas of cloud transformation.
Plan b's experience and learning demonstrates that it offers a very valuable and advantageous position of independence, and agnostic status, to act as a non-bias integrator between its client and their platform, software and migration partners.
To date, Plan b has performed key advisory, execution and SME roles for some of the world's largest organisations, to deliver:
- Cloud hosting capability, migration and DC exit strategies
- Cultural, business, people and behavioural change management
- Platform evaluation and selection process
- Technology, people, process and tooling roadmaps (internal & 3rd party)
- Capability delivery processes (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS)
- Cloud foundation design, build, test and service mobilisation
- Cost and performance optimisation processes
- Benefits realisation management
- Tooling and methods to manage and keep capabilities current
- Organisation structures and RACIs
- Operating models (IaaS and iPaaS)
- Early Adopter management and Migration preparation
|Planning service works with specific services||Yes|
|Hosting or software services the planning service works with||
|Training service provided||Yes|
|How the training service works||
Plan b's cloud hosting training is largely achieved through its cloud consulting and SMEs through a number of proven methods:
- Consultancy services to support senior management teams define, plan and execute cloud hosting strategies, business and IT transformation planning, design, build and test execution and service mobilisation, but every time ensure the knowledge and skills and embedded with the permanent teams and the point Plan b exits
- Cloud hosting project delivery, technology and service SMEs integrated in to the delivery teams to compliment client's permanent teams or own full outcome-based deliverables, but every time ensure the knowledge and skills and embedded with the permanent teams and the point Plan b exits
DevOps Agile Application Development:
- Concept of Agile and Modern Agile
- Scrum Master course
- Platform Engineering course
- Multiple Code courses
- Microsoft Azure Certified Training
- AWS Accredited Training
|Training is tied to specific services||No|
Setup and migration
|Setup or migration service available||Yes|
|How the setup or migration service works||
Plan b adopt a proven approach to migrating applications to hybrid hosting platforms based on multiple client’s cloud migration journeys.
Plan b’s Cloud competency tower includes focused, consistent and familiar resources who have collectively driven the same journey for its clients multiple times and developed IP which continues to further accelerate its clients migrations.
Plan b’s Cloud Migration typically consists of:
Ensure the client has a hosting strategy and target state. Ensure business buy-in and expected benefits. Ensure a mature foundation capability exists,
Organisational & Skills Readiness:
Assess the skills required to plan and deliver the migration and any post migration support skills needed.
Business Engagement, Migration Planning & Assessment:
Application owners validate the existing application estate, roadmaps, operational risks, and other migration discovery needed before migration planning and treatments can be determined. Needs senior sponsorship.
Budget & Benefits Planning:
Build a business case for each business division to ensure they own, understand and support the planned outcomes, investment, interruption and benefits.
Migration Design & Execution (Build Factory):
Plan appropriate migration treatments and prove via pilots for each migration treatment.
It is imperative the client establishes a BAU way of capturing and measuring on-going cloud benefits.
|Setup or migration service is for specific cloud services||Yes|
|List of supported services||
Quality assurance and performance testing
|Quality assurance and performance testing service||Yes|
|How the quality assurance and performance testing works||
Quality assurance is a pivotal competency across all of Plan b's services from controlling the quality of change driven by its project management competency tower through to delivering QMS systems for DevOps application developments.
Specific to client's journeys to the cloud, Plan b focus on the following:
Quality Assurance services for:
- Business and IT project delivery
- Full testing methodology for all new cloud foundation and application capabilities
- New cloud foundation service introduction and mobilisation (service rehearsals)
- Service management QMS
- Application development QMS
Performance Testing service for:
- Cloud Foundation Services (technical and operational processes)
- NW performance (and troubleshooting) across multiple cloud platforms / regions
- Application layer performance monitoring (agnostic and platform native tooling)
- Infrastructure & Application Migration Readiness (Eg 'As-Is' and 'To Be' infrastructure and application benchmarking using a variety of industry recognised tooling across multiple cloud platforms (inc. IaaS, PaaS and SaaS)
|Security testing service||Yes|
|Security testing type||
|Accredited security testers||Yes|
|Security testing accreditations||CREST|
|Certified Professional (CCP) risk analysts||Yes|
|Ongoing support service||No|
Plan b offers a pre-sales FoC service to establish all client's requirements with a honest approach to identifying any constraints / areas of expertise Plan b may fall short to meet the client's needs.
|Email or online ticketing support||No|
|Web chat support||No|
Not applicable. Plan b is a consulting, delivery and technology SME provider offering extensive knowledge in cloud hosting transformation and agile application development across multiple cloud platforms.
Plan b does not directly provide cloud service management services but is affiliated with multiple, world-wide recognised cloud hosting and application development organisations offering both on and off-shore services (to business critical SLAs) across multiple cloud platforms.
|Supplier type||Reseller providing extra features and support|
|Organisation whose services are being resold||Commvault & Equinix|
|Staff security clearance||Conforms to BS7858:2012|
|Government security clearance||Up to Developed Vetting (DV)|
|Price||£300 per person per day|
|Discount for educational organisations||No|
|Pricing document||View uploaded document|
|Terms and conditions document||View uploaded document|