The Managing Benefits course provides managers and practitioners with generally applicable guidance encompassing benefits management principles, practices, and techniques. This course is designed for those involved in the selection and delivery of business change initiatives such as change leaders, initiators, appraisers, and implementers. This may also include change support staff.
- Learn how to successfully approach benefits management
- Over 40 years’ experience delivering courses
- 3-day course
- Applying benefits management at portfolio, programme, and project levels
- Covers the benefits management cycle
- Training is delivered in a passionate, relatable, and practical way
- APMG accredited and nationally recognised course
- Learn how to maximize the benefits realized from change initiatives
- Master the theoretical basis for benefits management
- Improve individuals’ professional proficiency in benefits management
- Increase knowledge of management accountancy, behavioural finance, and psychology
- Allows organisations to forecast, measure, and manage the benefits delivery
- Individuals will improve relevant knowledge to support/deliver successful cloud Projects
- Become familiar with the language and terminology of benefits management
- Gain a qualification that is recognised nationally, and internationally
- Learn outline costs and benefits to drive business objectives
- Develop organisation-wide understanding of the benefits of a project/programme
- Help your organisation to address concerns and achieve competitive advantage
£1660 to £1995 per person
- Education pricing available
- Pricing document
- Skills Framework for the Information Age rate card
- Service definition document
- Terms and conditions
IMD GROUP LTD
|Training service provided||Yes|
|How the training service works||The Managing Benefits course is accredited by APMP and is delivered by an experienced professional. The content covered in the course will equip individuals and/or organisations with the tools and techniques that enable them to more effectively forecast, measure, and manage the delivery of benefits involving cloud software and hosting services, particularly where clearly defined processes can make an impact alongside some of the softer skills covered within the course.|
|Training is tied to specific services||No|
Setup and migration
|Setup or migration service available||No|
Quality assurance and performance testing
|Quality assurance and performance testing service||No|
|Ongoing support service||No|
Maximum class size of 16 for optimum levels of student/teacher interaction, and to ensure all content is covered in a way that caters to all types of individuals.
UK wide coverage, subject to the availability of our trusted and accredited training professionals.
|Email or online ticketing support||No|
|Phone support availability||9 to 5 (UK time), Monday to Friday|
|Web chat support||No|
For each engagement through GCloud, you will be provided with an IMD Account Manager who will be your central point of contact throughout the delivery of services. Where possible, we aim to provide you with an Account Manager who has experience operating within the relevant field associated with the engagement to coordinate the delivery of similar services.
In addition to the Account Manager, we endeavour to provide you with an additional layer of Account Support in the form of a secondary point of contact for each engagement. In this way, we mitigate the likelihood of having a single point of failure, and have mechanisms in place to maintain continuity of service.
Support will be provided remotely via email and phone for the most part, with the flexibility to arrange meetings on site or at our offices when needed. On site support can be offered during the working week where requests are made prior to proposals being submitted / individual call-off contracts agreed.
Your Account Management and Support resources are typically integrated into the delivery team and so costs are included within the proposal for each engagement.
|Supplier type||Reseller (no extras)|
|Organisation whose services are being resold||Bristol Management Centre, part of IMD|
|Staff security clearance||Conforms to BS7858:2012|
|Government security clearance||Up to Developed Vetting (DV)|
|Price||£1660 to £1995 per person|
|Discount for educational organisations||Yes|