Containerised Portability Platform (Droplet Computing)
The Containerised Portability Platform (Droplet Computing) transforms application delivery: removing the dependency between the application, the platform and the device. Application containers can be deployed via Cloud or installed locally. Legacy applications can run securely on legacy or modern multiplatform devices, regardless of native OS, without a constant internet connection.
- Deliver applications across multi-platform devices, online and offline;
- Port legacy or bespoke applications away from obsolete, out-of-support OS;
- Port applications independently of native OS and OS vendor timetables;
- Run applications in native format, consistently across device platforms;
- Run and access applications without needing constant internet connection;
- Move containerised applications seamlessly between device platforms;
- Containers render applications invisible to the underlying OS;
- Containers ‘invisible’ to penetration;
- Container runs 'image' (including legacy application) securely, on current OS;
- Containerised applications granted secured access to local or networked resources.
- Manage and control legacy estate decommissioning and content migration;
- Reduce disruption and effort of maintaining and supporting legacy estate;
- Containerised applications are controlled, secured, portable and governable;
- Applications released from underlying hardware, OS and connectivity constraints;
- Protect, control and safeguard legacy applications, desktops and platforms;
- Only run approved applications within containers on local device;
- Container ‘invisibility’ secures against OS vulnerabilities, improves compliance;
- Containers run locally, minimising infrastructure requirement and cost;
- Volume savings from decommissioning large legacy infrastructure estates;
- No user learning curve, application unchanged whatever the device.