Data Science Services
ThoughtWorks offers advice, enablement and delivery to apply data-guided insight safely. We support you to embed and evolve data-guided and intelligence capabilities in your organisation. Our expertise addresses Data Science and Engineering, DevOps, Analytics, Product practices to align to enterprise outcomes through effective user-AI interactions, and strategy for timely implementation.
- Embedding intelligence practices, to mature AI as an applied capability
- Experts enable teams to bring together Data, Tech and Product
- Product owenrship disciplines to ensure continuous data governance and quality
- Platform developed through incremental delivery and validation of valuable outcomes
- Data Strategy and rapid value delivery, aligning with business strategy
- Current state assessment and change roadmaps aligned with implementation
- Agnostic expertise across data cloud services, tools, languages and practices
- Major cloud services, modern data tools and languages supported
- Beyond data lakes, streaming and AI-into governed production application
- Continuous Integration, Delivery and Intelligence to embed alignment with outcomes
- Start with a pragmatic roadmap across people, process and technology
- Develop an evolutionary AI maturity/capability, validated through delivery
- Put insight into production, growing differentiated custom Intelligent Systems
- Empower decision-makers through these Intelligent Systems
- Continually evolve human - AI interactions to optimise end-outcomes
- Sustainably automate data preparation and assurance, to refocus on decisions
- Reduce upfront investment risk, with delivery through incremental end-outcomes
£565 to £2200 per person per day
|How the planning service works||Cross-functional teams facilitate discovery of objectives and options, and alignment on strategic goals, bringing this clarity to requirements gathering, delivery planning and implementation. Our planning for delivery, enablement and platform development emerges in partnership with you, and takes into account Data Science, Tech and Product perspectives. Through this process we identify and assure the development of ways of working, roles and ownership which cover all of the areas required to develop a cloud-based approach and an architecture which supports an evolutionary, continuous intelligence capability. Identifying and future-proofing decisions which have an increasingly significant impact over time is a key outcome from the early stages. Any assumptions are tested and validated through tests and then in delivery at the earliest opporutnity, to mitigate risks. This process is framed by teams who bring experience in delivery of disciplined agile practices in the cloud, data science and engineering, and product domains.|
|Planning service works with specific services||No|
|Training service provided||No|
Setup and migration
|Setup or migration service available||Yes|
|How the setup or migration service works||
This service helps buyers to plan, prioritise, propose a high level architecture, define and agree solutions and tooling required to migrating existing data repositories, pipelines, marts, models, logic and algorithms, and intelligent products based on these to the cloud or to build a new cloud-deployed data architecture. The service helps provide context and key considerations to inform decisions on architecture and how best to make use of cloud services and allow for future evolution of the platform.
This supports developing appropriate approaches to maintaining and migrating from existing non-cloud data repositories and processes, within an effective governance framework to manage across the migration period. The approach also supports clear development of cloud-based achitectures which make the most of cloud capabilities, without unintentionally becoming constrained by pre-packaged cloud services and capabilities.
|Setup or migration service is for specific cloud services||No|
Quality assurance and performance testing
|Quality assurance and performance testing service||Yes|
|How the quality assurance and performance testing works||
We advocate for quality by incorporating it into all stages of the data, insight and intelligence development lifecycle. Our Quality Analysts participate in collaborative, cross-functional teams. Our Quality Analysts are available to our our clients at all times and they can participate sessions as needed, in particular during planning to encourage a testing mindset and to highlighting risks early, assuring quality at the core.
We look to address critical aspects of quality, version control and scenario modelling in data sources and pipelines, as well as in machine learning and AI decision-making by embedding functional and analytical testing, as well as learning, with Continuous Delivery principles.
One specific area of focus in quality is risk management by sustaining a responsible organisation approach to continuous audit of data development and automated decision-making, to identify and address any bias and maintain relevant transparency and leadership understanding.
With this approach data, insight and intelligence governance become part of a continuous monitoring and evolution discipline, that can be instrumentally governed and scaled, rather than relying on a centralised, slow cycle process.
|Ongoing support service||No|
|Service constraints||Scope and duration to be agreed at time of engagement|
|Email or online ticketing support||No|
|Web chat support||No|
This is a consultancy service. Service support is provided for the service development stage onsite during working hours by the delivery team as part of the overall engagement, with response times to be agreed during initial engagement.
The service is to mature enablement for whole lifecycle owenership of products and systems. Therefore ongoing user support should not be specified as an outsourced service.
|Supplier type||Not a reseller|
|Staff security clearance||Other security clearance|
|Government security clearance||Up to Security Clearance (SC)|
|Price||£565 to £2200 per person per day|
|Discount for educational organisations||No|