Jisc Services Ltd
A federated roaming service for the wider public sector, providing seamless connectivity to the end user. Govroam makes offering offsite connectivity easy, delivering savings and efficiencies while enhancing the control employers have over staff roaming behaviours. Operated by Jisc, govroam brings regional roaming initiatives together under a standardised national-scale service.
- Provides a national standard for federated roaming design
- Guaranteed minimum service capability allows effective remote working.
- Service design built on a fabric of trust between participants.
- Uses your existing staff authentication mechanisms to grant access.
- Transfer of authentication data secured by end-to-end encrypted protocols.
- Support offered by end users' home organisation.
- Free at point of service to end users.
- Device and infrastructure agnostic, enabling BYOD.
- Geolocation companion app supports easy venue discovery.
- Explicitly national in scope, with potential international integration.
- Reuses and extends the life of existing network infrastructure.
- Reduces/eliminates the overheads of providing guest connectivity.
- Supports your mobile workforce, improving productivity by simplifying off-site connectivity.
- User-friendly roaming, with a “zero-touch” automated process after initial configuration.
- Secure authentication incorporating a real-time “member in good standing” check.
- Standardises your guest WLAN provision to an industry best-practice standard.
- Reduces/eliminates the need for customer-facing visitor support.
- Reduces/eliminates the use of temporary credentials, improving network security.
- Reduces/eliminates the need for costly SIM-based data provision.
- Allows real-time control of the roaming behaviour of your staff.