- Healthcare, Police, Local Government, Central Government.
- Migration/transformation of existing systems and greenfield implementation.
- Programme and project management, training
- Multiple Public Cloud Options - Oracle, Amazon, Microsoft Azure
- Solution architecture, design, build, data migration, testing, reporting, training, hypercare
- Managed support services
- Platform, functions/lambda, containers, docker, kubernetes.
- Microservices, integration, service mesh, API management/API Gateway
- NHS Ambulance Trusts, GRS Cloud Migration
- University, Higher Education, Utilities, Finance
- Benefit from industry experts
- Independent advice and guidance
- Deeply experienced consultants with industry specific knowledge
- Reduced complexity and risk
- Comprehensive planning
- Full system and business impact assessment
- Simplify and standardise business processes aligned to modern best practice.
- Fixed Price and T&M options
£650 to £1510 per person per day
- Pricing document
- Skills Framework for the Information Age rate card
- Terms and conditions
- Modern Slavery statement
Version 1 Solutions Limited
|How the planning service works||
Version 1 provides a full range of Planning Support services covering all elements across Cloud Strategy, Technical Architecture Design, Business Requirements Analysis, Management and Operations Support, Cloud Hosing, Cloud Security, and Licence Compliance
During on-boarding Version 1 will help the customer to understand the organisational and business impact the cloud will have on their enterprise and build solutions to adjust to the new cloud paradigm. Our consultants are always up to speed on innovation and change in the cloud market through our cloud partnerships with Microsoft, AWS and Oracle. We bring this knowledge to the engagement, helping clients to accelerate their cloud strategy. Blockers and challenges to cloud adoption are addressed to ensure compliance with legal, information security, and regulatory requirements. Using the Version 1 Cloud Reference Architecture, our team can work with the client application delivery teams to analyse business requirements and architect the “future state” application and cloud architecture, addressing the technical feasibility and challenges of moving IT Service delivery to the cloud
|Planning service works with specific services||Yes|
|Hosting or software services the planning service works with||
|Training service provided||Yes|
|How the training service works||Version 1 provide comprehensive knowledge and skill transfer services, enabling customers to take aspects of a support service into internal teams over a period of time. We leverage our proven transition and skills transfer methodologies to identify gaps in our customer's processes and capabilities, then systematically address those gaps. A skills transfer plan is prepared and agreed with the customer, then implemented to bring internal resources up to speed. This often involved embedding people from our team directly into your support organisation to ensure a smooth transfer of responsibilities.|
|Training is tied to specific services||Yes|
|Services the training service works with||
Setup and migration
|Setup or migration service available||Yes|
|How the setup or migration service works||
Version 1 provide cloud migration services. The Version 1 cloud adoption approach has three main phases, we help the customer define a roadmap, we will design a reference architecture that fits for the customers’ needs and then use that reference architecture to help the customer adopt the cloud and manage it going forward. During all three phases Version 1 help the customer to understand the organisational and business impact the cloud will have on their enterprise and build solutions to adjust to the new cloud paradigm. We have adapted this general approach to a number of specific Public Sector client engagements, helping organisations achieve typical cloud benefits such as
• Reduction of bottlenecks in environment provisioning
• Reduce infrastructure team costs/ resource drain in building environments
• Reduce quality risks
• Reduce IT costs through pay-as-you-go model
• Enhance productivity of IT department
• Obtain long-term benefits of PaaS
For clients who already make use of cloud services Version 1 provide ongoing consultancy – ensuring benefits are being achieved and advising on the relative merits of different Cloud platforms – we are accredited consultants for Amazon, Microsoft Azure and Oracle Cloud platforms but maintain deep expertise across many cloud technologies.
|Setup or migration service is for specific cloud services||Yes|
|List of supported services||
Quality assurance and performance testing
|Quality assurance and performance testing service||Yes|
|How the quality assurance and performance testing works||
Quality is an integral part of the Version 1 Project Management methodology. It is through our 1-Quality approach to quality that we can ensure that the project’s products will meet the customer’s expectations and that the outcomes of using the products will generate the expected benefits.
As part of any On-boarding plan, and also subsequent service changes, Version 1 will agree and document a Test Plan with the client which will detail the following:
• Definition of Test Phases (& definition of Test Bed)
• Scope of Testing to be undertaken within each Test Phase
• Non- functional testing including performance
• Test Lifecycle and Execution Procedures
• Test Inputs & Outputs for each test Phase
• Data Pre-Requisites & Data Issues
• Bug Raising, Resolution & Management
The following distinct test phases are typically undertaken depending on project size and complexity considerations:
• Application Testing (Including Design Standards Testing)
• Functional & Business Logic Testing
• Data Migration Testing
• Integration Testing
• Performance Testing
• Regression Testing
• Pre UAT Deployment Testing
We use tools like JUnit, Mockito, Wiremock, Soap UI, Load UI, TestNG, Selenium, JMeter, Browserstack, SonarQube, Loadrunner, checkstyle, and findbugs.
|Security services type||Security design|
|Ongoing support service||Yes|
|Types of service supported||
|How the support service works||Version 1 is a >900 person organisation employing more than 150 Java consultants. Our Managed Services Practice provides a uniquely flexible approach to providing support services through a dedicated practice employing over 250 support professionals. We provide a full range of cloud support services covering all key software, database and hosting providers and are fully certified for Microsoft, Amazon and Oracle cloud platform support. We also provide additional value-added support services including cloud migration strategy advice, system health checks, ITIL process consulting, and IT and Business Process Outsourcing. We have adopted ITIL practices for IT Service Management and we were one of the first organisations in the world to achieve ISO 20000-1 certification for our Managed Services. The only internationally recognised quality standard for IT Service Management, ISO 20000 provides an independent assessment of the quality and repeatability of our services and demonstrates our commitment to continual service improvement. Version 1’s Security Management System is accredited to ISO27001 and operates throughout the full organisation. This internationally recognised Information Security standard proves that Version 1 has demonstrated the required levels of control to protect the valuable assets and rights of individuals and clients, and of compliance to all applicable legislation|
|Service constraints||No service constraints|
|Email or online ticketing support||Email or online ticketing|
|Support response times||
Standard SLA covers Office Hours:
1 hour priority calls
4 hour response standard
Can be tailored to customer requirement including weekend cover
|User can manage status and priority of support tickets||Yes|
|Online ticketing support accessibility||None or don’t know|
|Phone support availability||24 hours, 7 days a week|
|Web chat support||Web chat|
|Web chat support availability||9 to 5 (UK time), Monday to Friday|
|Web chat support accessibility standard||WCAG 2.1 A|
|Web chat accessibility testing||
Version 1 uses Skype for our web chat support. The following is a list of devices with supported accessibility features available for Skype on Windows 8 desktop:
• Narrator screen reader enables blind people to use their computer or other device as its purpose is to read text on the screen aloud. Skype for Windows desktop and Skype for Windows 8 may also work well with third-party screen readers such as NVDA (free download) and JAWS.
• High-contrast settings benefit low vision users and users with little or no color perception as it makes text easier to read.
• Magnifier is a feature intended for low vision users as it enlarges the screen and makes text easier to read and images easier to see
The Managed Service provided by Version 1 is based on our ISO 20000 processes and procedures. The ISO 20000 standard held by Version 1 since July 2011, is aligned to the ITIL service framework and covers standard service processes such as Incident Management, Change Management and Release Management . During on-boarding we can tailor these processes and agree the detail of their implementation, in particular how they integrate with the client’s own internal processes. There is an additional charge for this tailoring which can be incorporated in the on-boarding costs.
Version 1 has an ITIL based Service Governance structure in place for each client to ensure SLAs are met and the overall support service is managed in a responsive, customer-focused manner. The focus of the service governance will be a regular Service Management Board or Service Review Meeting attended by key stakeholders. Each managed service client is assigned a service manager to co-ordinate their service provision and ensure customer satisfaction levels are maintained.
At Version 1, Continuous Service Improvement as a core element of our Managed Service offering and we incorporate it into the client's Managed Service at the outset of our engagement.
|Supplier type||Not a reseller|
|Staff security clearance||Other security clearance|
|Government security clearance||Up to Developed Vetting (DV)|
|Price||£650 to £1510 per person per day|
|Discount for educational organisations||No|