Legacy Migration helps reduce infrastructure costs and gain the advantages of scaling that the Cloud offers. Organisations can move their legacy applications to the Cloud without the need to re-write. We introduce concepts to migrate irrespective of tech stack, helping reduce infrastructure costs and enhancing the ability to make changes.
- Migration of existing environments to Cloud infrastructure
- Can work as a mixture of Cloud plus existing infrastructure
- Expertise in AWS, Skyscape, Azure, DataCentred, and others
- Server automation expertise in Ansible, Puppet, Terraform, Chef
- Continuous Integration expertise in TeamCity, Jenkins, Travis
- Harnesses best of DevOps approaches
- Experience delivering major legacy migrations using existing teams
- Move away from expensive legacy licencing to open source technologies
- Scaling delivery of infrastructure change projects
- Legacy decommissioning as part of the Legacy Migration
- Services delivered by Equal Experts highly experienced legacy migration team
- Reduces infrastructure costs of expensive legacy hosting on physical hardware
- Increases scalability of legacy applications by leveraging the Cloud
- Introduces new practices to teams working on legacy code
- Reduces Live support costs by revisiting needs for expensive licencing
- Allows companies to migrate quicker than rewrite
- Builds a reusable pattern to increase reliability and service’s availability
- Mitigate risks: Proven successful experience of legacy to Cloud migrations
- Limits the impact to the end user of your system
- Follows GDS Service Design Manual standards and methodologies
£525 to £1275 per person per day
- Education pricing available
Equal Experts UK Limited
+44 7968 157766
|How the planning service works||
Public sector organisations often have multiple applications working and running on legacy hardware that is expensive to run and restrictive when wanting to change the way that an organisation works. We can help plan the migration of those legacy applications to the Cloud so that customers can realise the benefits the Cloud offers such as scaleable solutions, reduced infrastructure costs and the ability to easily build in a continuous delivery pipeline to speed up a customer's route to production.
We start our approach with a timeboxed discovery phase during which we want to get a more detailed understanding of the applications and the hardware they are deployed onto. We also spike multiple cloud options depending on the constraints of existing solutions.
We then develop a technical proof of concept with one of the candidate applications (usually a low risk application but with integration points common to all other applications). We will try and prove the proposed solution using one application first, giving our customers the opportunity to fail fast and backtrack. The proof of concept will allow us to prove that the migration strategy can work, build a path to production and assist with planning the roadmap to migration.
|Planning service works with specific services||No|
|Training service provided||No|
Setup and migration
|Setup or migration service available||Yes|
|How the setup or migration service works||
When embarking on set up and migration of legacy applications to the Cloud we typically build on the proof of concept run as part of initial planning and design of the migration roadmap. We then choose one of the riskiest applications, one that is both functionally difficult and has differing demands on the service throughout the year. Success here puts us in a position to be able to apply the design to all other applications.
Once proven on a complex application we then look at how to scale, looking at building common libraries and microservices that can be used across multiple migrations, and decoupling the applications as much as possible to have multiple teams working in parallel on migration.
Throughout the delivery we are constantly allowing ourselves the option to revert our decision. We will review on a case by case basis the best solution for some applications, sometimes the work to migrate will take longer than to rewrite the application and in this instance we will advise a rewrite. Sometimes we find that the application itself actually no longer has any business use and is now redundant - here we will look at decommissioning.
|Setup or migration service is for specific cloud services||No|
Quality assurance and performance testing
|Quality assurance and performance testing service||Yes|
|How the quality assurance and performance testing works||All experts assigned to this service have extensive experience of automated testing, continuous integration and delivery into at scale production environments. With all clients we actively encourage the adoption of meaningful extensive test coverage, automated delivery and test techniques to reduce risk and safely increase delivery velocity.|
|Ongoing support service||No|
|Email or online ticketing support||No|
|Phone support availability||9 to 5 (UK time), Monday to Friday|
|Web chat support||No|
|Support levels||We provide an engagement manager on all GCloud engagements with responsibility for ensuring customer objectives are met, and for addressing any issues with service delivery. Our engagement managers act as an escalation point, and can be reached via phone or email, to respond to issues beyond the control of the team providing the service. Engagement management is included within our service pricing.|
|Supplier type||Not a reseller|
|Staff security clearance||Other security clearance|
|Government security clearance||Up to Security Clearance (SC)|
|Price||£525 to £1275 per person per day|
|Discount for educational organisations||Yes|
|Pricing document||View uploaded document|
|Skills Framework for the Information Age rate card||View uploaded document|
|Service definition document||View uploaded document|
|Terms and conditions document||View uploaded document|