8 Incomplete applications
7 SME, 1 large
2 Completed applications
2 SME, 0 large
- Friday 19 October 2018
- Deadline for asking questions
- Tuesday 23 October 2018 at 11:59pm GMT
- Closing date for applications
- Friday 26 October 2018 at 11:59pm GMT
- Specialist role
- Delivery manager
- Summary of the work
Working with the System Operating Authority (SOA) you will interface daily with DE&S to assist the delivery of an exciting IT capability based on Evergreen and Agile principles.
The Intermediaries Legislation does not apply to this engagement, concluded by using the ‘check employment status for tax’ online tool https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/check-employment-status-for-tax/cluster/.
- Latest start date
- Monday 12 November 2018
- Expected contract length
- 34 weeks up to 30 June 2019 with optional 9 week extension (option currently unfunded)
- West Midlands
- Organisation the work is for
- Defence Equipment & Support
- Maximum day rate
£500 per day worked (inclusive of T&S)
The post will be based almost entirely at a single site with minimal travel anticipated.
About the work
- Early market engagement
This requirement was previously published on Tuesday 31 July 2018, closing on Tuesday 14 August 2018 at 11:59pm GMT.
However due to an error the Terms of Reference advertised were incorrect. Due to this the requirement has now been published with the correct Terms of Reference.
- Who the specialist will work with
- You will be a key member of the System Operating Authority, overseeing the integration of a bespoke network. You will work with the delivery organisation, DE&S, on a daily basis.
- What the specialist will work on
On a daily basis the TC will:
• Review technical documentation as directed.
• Assist the Technical PM on a daily basis to achieve programme outcomes.
• Attend and contribute to technical meetings.
• Assist in developing service migration and co-existence planning.
• Assist the Technical PM in the development of Test plans for IS services for Operational Readiness Evaluation and Service Transition.
• Assist in the planning of Operational Readiness Evaluation activities.
• Assist the Technical PM in development of deployment and recovery plans.
• Assist the Technical PM in development of System Operating Instructions.
Full TORs upon award.
- Address where the work will take place
- Working arrangements
- 40 hrs (8hrs Mon - Fri)
- Security clearance
- MOD DV required on day 1 of the appointment due to the sensitivity of the role.
- Additional terms and conditions
In the event that the post is vacated the Supplier shall ensure that it is filled within one working week by a candidate who meets the criteria of this competition with prior approval of the Buyer.
The Supplier and their representatives shall abide by:
DEFCON 5J(Edn 18/11/16)-Unique Identifiers
DEFCON 76(Edn 12/06)-Contractor’s Personnel at Government Sites
DEFCON 501(Edn 11/17)-Definitions and Interpretations
DEFCON 522(Edn 11/17)-Payment and Recovery of Sums Due
DEFCON 658(Edn 10/17)-Cyber
DEFCON 659A(Edn 02/17)-Security Measures
DEFCON 660(Edn 12/15)-Official-Sensitive Security Requirements
DEFCON 703(Edn 08/13)-Intellectual Property Rights - Vesting in the Authority
Available online at: https://www.digitalmarketplace.service.gov.uk/buyers/frameworks/digital-outcomes-and-specialists-2/requirements/digital-specialists/7426/edit/description-of-work/additionalTerms
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate suppliers’ technical competence.
- Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrable experience of working on a programme that has delivered or is delivering a classified strategic Command and Control system in a Military context.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a high pressure, conflicting priority environment that delivers equipment to units within Front Line Commands.
- 5 years of experience of the delivery of IT projects.
- Working Knowledge of ITIL V.3 and how it is applied.
- MCP, MCITP or MCSE in relevant Microsoft technologies would be advantageous
- CISSP or equivalent experience
- TOGAF or equivalent experience
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Knowledgeable of transition, upgrades, refresh projects in an Agile environment.
How suppliers will be evaluated
- How many specialists to evaluate
- Cultural fit criteria
- Work as a team with our organisation and other suppliers
- Transparent and collaborative when making decisions
- Have a no-blame culture and encourage people to learn from their mistakes
- Assessment methods
- Work history
- Evaluation weighting
Questions asked by suppliers
1. 1. Is there an incumbent?
2. Will they be applying for the opportunity?
- Yes there is an incumbent. This advert is an open competition through the framework and applicants are not disclosed to the Authority until the advert has closed.
- 2. Is this role inside IR35?
- As stated in the advert the Intermediaries Legislation does not apply to this engagement, concluded by using the ‘check employment status for tax’ online tool https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/check-employment-status-for-tax/cluster/.
- 3. As the post has been advertised previously, we understand that interviews have taken place for the position. Please can you confirm if that is correct and if they received feedback for the interviews?
- Interviews were held under incorrect Terms of Reference for the position. No formal feedback has been provided for the interviews.
- 4. Would DS&E be sponsoring the successful applicant's DV Security Clearance and what would the protocol be around that? I have been speaking to several consultant who do not have valid DV clearance but have in the past.
- As stated in the advert, applicants are required to have MOD DV clearance on day 1 of the appointment. No assistance will be provided to obtain this.
- 5. When are you expecting to schedule interviews for this position?
- It is intended that interviews will be scheduled for the Week starting the 5th November.
- 6. If a candidate has valid DV clearance but will loose the sponsorship when they exit their current role, will they be able to get sponsorship from DS&E to ensure they maintain their CV cleared status?
- As stated in the advert, applicants are required to have MOD DV clearance on day 1 of the appointment. It is the responsibility of the agency or applicant to maintain and renew this clearance, no assistance will be provided by the Authority to maintain this clearance.