1. You mention - "Written response max 500 words" for multiple essential skills, but digital marketplace - DOS allows for a maximum response of 100 words. Would you need the interested suppliers to provide the additional details in document and email it to you? In that case, would such a document be needed by the same deadline?
Please stick to 100 word count but if you feel you require more to evidence your compliance, please email across.
4. What is the reason behind a 'Fixed price' model for this engagement?
The Fixed Price engagement will help LCC to mitigate the risk of implementation of new technology against business requirements without any risk of unnecessary budget and time overruns. It will also help LCC team to put more focused efforts for going live at mutually decided timeline. It also motivates the partners to deliver the best solution on time, within the budget with right mix of blended shore/site resources; and to achieve anticipated profit. We feel that this is WIN-WIN situation for both parties.
5. Would LCC provide a detailed Requirements document, in the next phase of the procurement, with enough information for the suppliers to be able to estimate the effort it will take to deliver this Fixed price project? Suppliers would need to understand the requirements for: major functions of Employee Central module, personal actions, languages, Authentication and authorisation, forms in On-boarding (UK Legal and Custom forms), workflows etc.
LCC team will be able to provide a SOR functionality requirement list which will help the prospective partner to estimate efforts assuming the partner has extensive experience in delivering HR/P transformation projects/programmes in Public Sector/Local authorities in Europe ideally in UK and have a team of experienced SFSF consultants with SAP On-premise Payroll implementation knowledge.
6. Would shortlisted suppliers get a chance to ask more detailed questions in subsequent phases of the procurement?
Yes. We want to achieve the best outcome and the best value for money for the Council. Hence we are happy to answer the business related questions raised by the prospective partners to best of our abilities and knowledge at the given time.
7. Please can you confirm which CCS framework this work will be procured under.
Digital Outcomes and Specialist Framework- Outcomes Lot.
8. Please can you confirm that a price is not required for this stage in the process.
Given that we have previously clarified that a further more detailed scope of works will be provided to the shortlisted suppliers we expect pricing to be formally provided after the shortlisting stage.
9. Will CV's/Case Studies be required at the shortlisting stage.
To make the shortlisting process is simpler and quicker for suppliers to apply for Case studies/CVs are not neccessarily required now having spoken to CCS at this stage. We will accept the applications based on the character limit in the boxes, although as mentioned are happy to accept further wording by email if required. CV's/Case Studies will be required by the shortlisted bidders at proposal stage and used just to confirm info provided at shortlisting.
10. 1. Is Benefits Administration in scope for EC?
2. What is the total employee strength including all?
3. Are there any other languages other than English that need to be activated?
4. How many onboarding forms & policies planned or used currently?
5. How many notification to be trigger for onboarding?
6. Is Cross boarding required?
2. 16570 Employees (17347 Assignments)
3. Only English
4. HR interpretation 'onboarding forms' are 'new starter' forms, therefore minimum number is 8 eg bank form, acceptance, SOP, pensions. Some of this will also be required for cross boarding ie offers & acceptance. We would like to explore the best practice approach during Blueprint phase.
5. Typically notification from Line Manager to: ICT, L&D, HR, Premises Mgt, Payroll, plus more triggers for cross-boarding eg leave, reasonable adjustments, live sanctions ( Please clarify further)
11. 7. What are hiring manager activities as of now ?
8. Do preday1 access requirement is there ?which provide access to candidate before joining date
9. Is there any internal hire onboarding requirement ?
10. Is Docusign feature or E-Sign required ?
11. How frequent will recruitment happen and what is the average volume of hiring per month?
12. We understood there are multiple parties involved for LCC. Do all of them have same onboarding process ?
7. From request to fill vacancy & appropriate authorisations, through advert, recruitment & selection and onboarding, Including DBS and references.
8. Yes will be required.
9. Yes as this is Cross boarding (SEE 5,6 & 7)
11. LCC Currently have approximately 30 new starters per month excluding schools and external clients. Recruitment is constant. For Schools and external customers there are average 100 recruitments per month with peak of circa 450 and lowest of 90 recruitments.
12. 13.How many level of workflows implemented in current recruitment system ?
14. How many offer letter templates do you have ?
15. Do recruitment marketing and third party posting require ?
13. Up to 8 eg interview plus test (safeguarding process), 1 stage interview, telephone interview - If this is not the expected response please clarify the question
14. Three templates plus variations for different terms & conditions for different organisations
15. Possibly if there is no additional licensing requirement or costs & subject to any additional costs being incurred. Third party posting such as Linkedin is required.
13. 16.What are the current self service form used ?
17. How will be absence & attendances capture in system ?
16. Self Service (ESS/MSS) used for Absence , Vehicle registration verification, change of Bank details, non recurring payments claims, mileage claims, view Payslip, P11d, P60, Leavers, Sickness monitoring, Workflow approvals, updating Personal data. On Top of these self service automated forms, we also have around 60 HR and Payroll e-Forms which trigger emails and sometimes initiate workflow actions. We would like to automate these Self service and e-forms into main SFSF application.
17. Absence Management currently managed by Oracle Manager Self Service electronically entered. Currently daily attendance Timesheets are not recorded.
14. 18. How many report (Transactional / dashboard) currently LCC is using for (employee master data, on-boarding /off boarding, recruitment)
19. What would be integration technology ? What will be approach for each integration (ftp, webservices, PI/PO, Boomi, SAP Cloud)?
18. HR have 22 onboarding reports, all other reports (CIRCA 45) sit within the current HRPayroll system. Reporting requirement will be reviewed as a part of implementation and required reports will be selected.
19. LCC will be guided by our Implementation Partner on the selection and implementation of the most appropriate integration technologies to use, bearing in mind considerations such as performance, cost, ongoing support and SAP’s future roadmaps for SuccessFactors integration. We have SAP PI in the current on-premise landscape, although this does not necessarily have to be used.
15. 20. Is Integrations required from EC/RCM/ONB to any third-party systems? If so, What are the systems?
21. How many external applications were built currently which feeds employee master data frequently
22. What is the status of current on-primes payroll implementation? overall project plan for SAP payroll project?
23. Will Payroll implementation run in parallel to EC and what are estimated timelines?
20. Totara Learning Management System , F2 HR Case Management System , Expense Reimbursement E-Form, SAP General Ledger.
21. Inbound Council Tax interface file once a year - not master data specific, also HMRC incoming and outgoing forms/xml data
22. Current On-Premise SAP Payroll implementation is suspended for SFSF Partner selection. We will replan the overall HR/Payroll project when SFSF partner is on-boarded.
23. On Premise Payroll implementation stream will be run in parallel to SFSF stream. LCC view the entire project as one solution. The expected timeline is April-2019 to be reviewed and reconfirmed during the planning phase.
16. 24. Is LCC is ok with train the trainer approach for training?
25. How many years of history data should be considered for data migration and does it include inactive users as well?
26. Please provide all source system technical detials for data migration services
24. not in all cases, depends on topic being taught. We will expect Partner will train the superuser team and assist in producing end user documentation.
25. This will depend on what 'historic' data is? absence, post history earnings history, etc., etc. and will also depend on when the 'payroll' goes live if being a phased implementation being mid year migration.
26. The source systems are Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.3, Lumesse - Talent Link Cloud based recruitment
17. 27. Do you manage travel & expense management activities in the anyother tool? If so please specify?
28. When are you planning to go-live if it is middle of the financial year let us know what is the amount of historic data you are planning to have in SuccessFactors system? (will it be from the start of the financial year or the past year data is also required)
27. Mileage claims are captured and processed within Oracle E-Business Suite. Other Travel related expenses are currently being captured using custom e forms and paid through SAP AP module. We would like to capture and process all travel related expenses using SFSF-SAP Payroll solution. This is our requirement.
28. Generally YTD payroll data but we will need to explore the best practice approach during the Blueprinting phase. Additionally please review our answer to question 25.
18. 29. Apart from the Standard employee information/data storage , do you require any custom data to be stored in the successfactors application? Kindly share the details around this if available otherwise we will propose the standard approach to handle this.
30. Having HR Analytics could be good thing in near future, do you want to consider this?
31. What kind of Time Management activities are currently followed at LCC ?
32. In your recruitment process do you have multiple job requisition templates, or you use single template for all the Job requisitions?
29. The 'standard' is not known so cannot comment on this. It is very likely that there will be a requirement for a certain level of custom data and processing/reporting. We will need to explore the best practice approach during the Blueprinting phase.
30. Yes. We could explore the best practice approach during the Blueprinting phase.
31. Nothing used currently, work patterns, shifts etc., and SSP parameters would be required
32. Yes multiple job requisitions
19. 33. Can you please specify different Recruitment processes and templates for different target groups (e. g. Professionals, Students, Blue Collars, white collars), if more than one?
34. Do you foresee any data flow from Recruitment system to any other 3rd party applications? If so which data needs to be shared with other applications?
35. What are the additional Onboarding forms apart from the standard forms required by LCC as part of their Onboarding process. Please specify if any specific UK legal forms needs to be considered.
33.Please refer to answer for question14
34. Yes to 3rd party assessment providers eg Saville & SHL could be required to share any data that is held
35. Please refer to 5
20. 36. Does Onboarding process across all levels of employees same / different? If different how many difference processes are followed? Please provide information?
37. What type of pre employment verification steps are being followed currently?
38. What different business user groups might require access to recruitment system? For example HR Admin, HR business partners, Payroll etc
39. Do you have any requirement of integrating Onboarding with third party application like Background verification providers?
36. Onboarding process are the same with some slight variations depending on pre employment checks
37. Depending on role the following may be required - right to work, medical, references, DBS, employment history, qualifications, professional registration, BPSS, identiity
38. Hiring managers, approvers, selection panel members, HR, Payroll, HRP
39. Currently use 3rd party for DBS route 2 checks, integration wouldl depend on associated costs & future direction in this area
21. 40. How many custom infotypes are being developed in On-Premise payroll system?
41. What will be the final Employee data source system ? will it be Successfactors Employee Central (or) On-Premise Payroll system.
40. In the current payroll Blueprint phase, we have defined and confirm standard infotypes. Salford team and LCC Payroll team have explored possibility of defining a small number custom infotypes to fulfill the LCC payroll requirements. Decision is not finalised but we would like to finalise the solution and the approach regarding custom infotypes in conjunction with SFSF partner during Blueprint phase.
41. We envisage that SFSF EC will master all the employee data and it will be replicated to On-Premise Payroll system. This will be further explored in detail during Blueprinting phase.
22. 42. Do you have any requirements in order to generate documents from the Successfactors system? Please highlight if any customized report required.
43. Do you intend to provide access to external resources who are not part of LCC in order to generate and execute reports from successfactors application?
44. Do you plan to execute all the payroll specific reports from On-Premise application only?
45. What migration strategy planned by Salford City Council to move the data from Oracle setup to future SAP setup?
42. Need to know more about the system to comment, would probably state yes, standard letters & documents, including merge fields from system for recruitment & pensions for example
44. We would like to provide the HR and Payroll reports via SFSF solution to promote Self Service. This will be explored in detail during Blueprinting phase.
45. Data Migration is at initial level. We will need to discuss the overall data migration once SFSF partner is onboarded.