1 Incomplete application
1 SME, 0 large
26 Completed applications
22 SME, 4 large
- Monday 12 March 2018
- Deadline for asking questions
- Wednesday 14 March 2018 at 11:59pm GMT
- Closing date for applications
- Monday 19 March 2018 at 11:59pm GMT
- Specialist role
- Business analyst
- Summary of the work
- Working on a digital transformation programme putting Microsoft Dynamics CRM at the heart of our interactions with users. The programme will continue to develop a web front end to interact with users through a secure account space, data will be fed to and from CRM to power transactions with users.
- Latest start date
- Tuesday 3 April 2018
- Expected contract length
- This will be a 6 month contract with the option to extend for 2, 3 month periods
- Organisation the work is for
- Scottish Enterprise
- Maximum day rate
About the work
- Early market engagement
- Who the specialist will work with
- Working within an Agile service design, delivery and support team of circa 30 people responsible for digital transformation activities across the organisation. It’s a multidisciplinary team with software developers, testers, designers, user researchers, Dynamics developers, service designers and product owners. The BA will work closely within the service design team with product owners and service designers to engage with the wider business and map out new business processes to support the delivery of services to our users.
- What the specialist will work on
- The specialist will support the implementation of SE’s digital transformation. This service design team are looking specifically at the systems and processes involved in managing financial transactions with businesses who have successfully applied for business support. The review of these services will require hands on business analysis as well as working within an agile delivery team with varied tasks involved day to day.
- Address where the work will take place
5 Atlantic Quay
- Working arrangements
The supplier is expected to supply a resource to work as part of the team based in the office in Glasgow city centre. Standard working hours of 9-5 Mon-Fri.
This role is outwith IR35.
- Security clearance
- Baseline Personnel Security Standard level clearance is required for this role.
- Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate suppliers’ technical competence.
- Essential skills and experience
- Experience being a hands on member of a multi disciplinary agile delivery team taking on varied tasks
- System analysis – experience engaging with product owner and other departments and suppliers in order to map out processes and associated system
- Process design – experience working with a team to incrementally improve processes across the organisation
- Nice-to-have skills and experience
- As a hands on member of an agile delivery team you will also be involved in tasks such as team planning, gathering customer feedback
- Presenting learning's and findings to colleagues and stakeholders, getting involved with delivering team priorities.
How suppliers will be evaluated
- How many specialists to evaluate
- Cultural fit criteria
- Challenge the status quo
- Work as a team with our organisation and other suppliers
- Assessment methods
- Work history
- Evaluation weighting
Questions asked by suppliers
- 1. Can you confirm the IR35 status, as there has been a typo when stating it.
- This role is outwith IR35.
- 2. Is this a new role or is there an incumbent Business Analyst?
- The Business Analyst is a new role
- 3. The assessment methods only states "Work history". Will interviews also be part of the evaluation?
- After the initial shortlisting successful suppliers will be asked to provide full CVs and either face to face interviews or telephone interviews will be arranged.
- 4. Do candidates require knowledge of MS Dynamics?
- It would be beneficial but not essential for the candidate to have experience working with organisations using MS Dynamics CRM. Business process design will be the focus of this role, there will be Dynamics experts working closely as part of the team that can advise on what is possible and help shape how we implement the processes agreed with the business/product owners.
- 5. Is there any flexibility on the start date for this role?
- Yes there will be flexibility as we'd be keen to get the best person for this role rather than the earliest available start date.