Crime Programme Programme Manager for C2I
10 Incomplete applications
9 SME, 1 large
20 Completed applications
15 SME, 5 large
- Thursday 1 March 2018
- Deadline for asking questions
- Monday 5 March 2018 at 11:59pm GMT
- Closing date for applications
- Thursday 8 March 2018 at 11:59pm GMT
- Specialist role
- Programme manager
- Summary of the work
- Working in the Criminal Justice System Crime Programme, the Programme Manager will use their professional skills and experience of working with multi-disciplined teams to ensure the C2I teams deliver the work as prioritised by the Product Owners to the architecture and quality standards defined by the Architecture Practice.
- Latest start date
- Sunday 1 April 2018
- Expected contract length
- 12 months
- Organisation the work is for
- HM Courts and Tribunal Service (HMCTS) & Crown Prosecution Service (CPS)
- Maximum day rate
£850 plus Vat for an exceptional candidate.
NB: The total Supplier charge will be evaluated as per evaluation criteria %.
About the work
- Early market engagement
- Who the specialist will work with
- The specialist will be required to work effectively with Delivery teams (from a variety of suppliers), both C2I and other Crime Programme teams, SMT, BPOs, Service Owners, SROs and other senior stakeholders, CGI and Commercial and Finance team members.
- What the specialist will work on
The C2I Programme Management shall include:
•ensuring the Core Process Delivery teams deliver work to required standard;
•drive delivery of the C2I release scope as defined by the Programme Plan;
•working with Commercial service providers to reach required team complements.
•ensuring releases are as per Release Increment Plan.
•effectively managing the interface with CMS and CGI.
•proactively identify ways to deliver more quickly and eliminate waste.
•work proactively with others to ensure smooth path to live.
•working collaboratively with SMT.
•handover to the civil service programme manager, once appointed, and producing a handover report at each SOW iteration.
- Address where the work will take place
- Primarily Southern House, Wellesley Grove Croydon CR9 1WW and Rose Court, 2 Southwark Bridge Road London SE1 9HS (the "Base locations”, although some visits to other locations and UK Travel may be required.)
- Working arrangements
We expect the specialist to be flexible to our needs and be able to make working with a mixed team across multiple sites effective. The specialist will initially be required to work onsite at the Base locations working a five day week.
All requests for expenses will require prior approval from the Programme.
Expenses will not be payable for travel to sites within the M25; expenses incurred from travel outside of the M25/Greater London will be subject to MoJ Travel and Subsistence Policy.
- Security clearance
Baseline Personnel Security Check (BPSS) which must be dated within three months of the start date.
This will be checked prior to commencement of the Services.
For further guidance see: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/government-baseline-personnel-security-standard
- Additional terms and conditions
Liability Insurance – minimum level of cover £5,000,000
Professional Indemnity – minimum level of cover £1,000,000
Must adhere to the Civil Service conduct and guidance and comply with the provisions of the Official Secrets Act 1911 to 1989.
Termination period in respect of failure to deliver will be 7 days’ notice.
Please note, a draft iniital Statement of Work will be made availble upon request.
The Buyer has undertaken an assessment of the off-payroll working rules, and deems them not to apply to this role. This assessment may be revised in the future.
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate suppliers’ technical competence.
- Essential skills and experience
- Provide 2 examples that demonstrate experience of leading, inspiring and shaping multi-disciplinary agile development teams, from discovery through-to implementation and working collaboratively to deliver functional releases within multi-agency services4%.
- Provide 2 examples that demonstrate your experience of developing and maintaining close working relationships with relevant stakeholders, ideally across the Criminal Justice Sector including MoJ, CPS, HMCTS and Police4%.
- Please demonstrate experience of coaching, mentoring and development support to the wider programme team for best practice delivery 4%
- Please demonstrate experience of managing detailed, collaborative release planning and co-ordination across the programme through the complete release lifecycle and positive use or outcomes 4%
- Provide 2 examples demonstrating experience of assuring all products meet the standard build requirements in terms of functionality, usability, performance, sustainability, scalability, security and resilience. 4%
- Please demonstrate experience of assuring a programme is built around agile methodologies, understanding how to integrate with waterfall methodologies 3%
- Please demonstrate experience of developing innovative solutions to complex issues. 3%
- Please demonstrate experience of participating in assurance activities required within the programme 3%
- Please demonstrate experience of timely and relevant information to meet reporting requirements for the programme 3%
- Please demonstrate experience of leading successful delivery of significant Digital IT enabled business change programmes to tight deadlines using large scale Agile methodology, preferably with similar complexity, scale and reach3%
- Please demonstrate experience of excellent communications skills with the ability to confidently interact with senior stakeholders and effectively explain complex technical problems and solutions, manage feedback from multiple stakeholders 3%
- Please demonstrate experience of strategic thinking, with the ability to analyse complex issues and develop innovative, creative solutions and approaches 3%
- Please demonstrate experience of leadership skills with ability to build and inspire high-performing teams with a wide range of stakeholders from multiple suppliers to resolve complex business and technical issues3%.
- Please demonstrate experience of strong financial management and budgeting 3%.
- Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Have demonstrable experience of Agile teams including Business Product Owners, Business Analysts, Business Architects, Full Stack Developers and Quality Assurance/Testing Leads. 3%
How suppliers will be evaluated
- How many specialists to evaluate
- Cultural fit criteria
- The specialist must be able to demonstrate understanding of Programme Management on a large scaled agile delivery programme. 5%
- The specialist must be able to demonstrate ability to guide a team and mentor it in good practice and discipline 5%
- The specialist should be able to demonstrate Agile culture and values 5%
- The specialist should be able to demonstrate ability to work with other team leads, stakeholders and represent the team 5%
- Assessment methods
- Work history
- Scenario or test
- Evaluation weighting
Questions asked by suppliers
- 1. Will this position be deemed inside or outside the scope of IR35?
- Please see the Additional terms and conditions within the published requirements.
- 2. Will this contract be split between Croydon and Southwark Bridge Rd or will the candidates be able to choose one location?
- The specialist will be expected to attend both sites as required by the operational need. Currently much of the work takes place at Southern House, in Croydon.
- 3. Who do we contact to request a copy of the initial statement of work?
- The draft SoW will be available by contacting email@example.com
- 4. Is this opportunity to replace an existing member of the team who has left the programme? Or is it an additional new post?
- It is not an additional post, this opportunity has arisen due to the current contract term maturing.