Technical PMO Service
4 Incomplete applications
2 SME, 2 large
2 Completed applications
2 SME, 0 large
- Wednesday 24 January 2018
- Deadline for asking questions
- Wednesday 31 January 2018 at 11:59pm GMT
- Closing date for applications
- Wednesday 7 February 2018 at 11:59pm GMT
- Summary of the work
- As the Senior Programme Team, we require a 9 strong Technical PMO team to manage and mitigate project delivery risk across the identified services and manage outputs through an outcome based deliverables based model, to ensure a strong continuity of service is maintained across all specialist areas.
- Latest start date
- Monday 5 February 2018
- Expected contract length
- 6 Months
- North West England
- Organisation the work is for
- Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust
- Budget range
- £130,000 - £135,000
About the work
- Why the work is being done
- The organisation is currently implementing a new electronic patient record system. They are entering the critical phase of the project, phase 2, which is the major element of the project looking to implement to 1600 users from January 18 through to July 18. The project needs to maximise expert resource and due to the current constraints have decided to seek a service solution to support this phase of the project.
- Problem to be solved
- The project needs to expand its specialist technical PMO function to ensure continuity of delivery, mitigate risk across the project and ensure successful completion of the project.
- Who the users are and what they need to do
As the Senior Programme Team, we require a 9 strong Technical PMO team to manage and mitigate project delivery risk across the identified services and manage outputs through an outcome based deliverables based model, to ensure a strong continuity of service is maintained across all specialist areas.
This will be done through the following structure:
Project Reporting & Monitoring Function
Business Change Administration Function
Training Administration Function
Data Cleansing Function
- Early market engagement
- Any work that’s already been done
- Existing team
- The supplier will be working with an established and mature project team of substantive team members employed within the organisation.
- Current phase
- Not applicable
- Address where the work will take place
- The work will take place across Merseyside.
- Working arrangements
- The team will be based on site 5 days a week
- Security clearance
- Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate suppliers’ technical competence.
- Essential skills and experience
- • Have specific experience of working across a mental health trust – 2%
- • Have clear experience of working on the delivery of a new patient care system rollout – 3%
- • Have specific knowledge of how a technical PMO functions within a clinical environment – 10%
- • Have extensive experience of delivering a technical PMO function within a RIO systems environment – 40%
- • Have specific experience of delivering a technical PMO function within a multi-organisational, multi-site RIO system rollout – 5%
- Nice-to-have skills and experience
How suppliers will be evaluated
- How many suppliers to evaluate
- Proposal criteria
- • Technical solution
- • Approach and methodology
- • How the approach to the solution meets the user needs
- Cultural fit criteria
- • Be transparent and collaborative working with other team members – 5%
- • Provide a structured way to share knowledge and experience with other team members to ensure appropriate knowledge transfer within the project – 15%
- Payment approach
- Fixed price
- Assessment methods
- Written proposal
- Evaluation weighting
Questions asked by suppliers
- 1. Please can you confirm the budget range and how the figure was reached? £135k for a team of 9 strong PMO team for 6 months (25 weeks / 125 days) = £120 per day for each resource?
Reason for budget range - this is the maximum available budget for this service/project.
Can I just double check your budget range. £135K for 9 PMO's over 6 months works out at just over £575 per week for each PMO. Is that right? Yes
Do I need all 9 for the entire 9 months? I assume the “9 months” is a typo and should have read “6 months”. And Yes is the answer to the question
Is there any flexibility with the budget? No