Azure Migration Specialist
8 Incomplete applications
7 SME, 1 large
10 Completed applications
10 SME, 0 large
- Thursday 15 July 2021
- Deadline for asking questions
- Thursday 22 July 2021 at 11:59pm GMT
- Closing date for applications
- Thursday 29 July 2021 at 11:59pm GMT
- Specialist role
- Technical Architect
- Off-payroll (IR35) determination
- Contracted out service: the off-payroll rules do not apply
- Summary of the work
- The candidate is required to work with the in-house team to migrate the current platform (private cloud) to Azure Platform.
- Latest start date
- Monday 23 August 2021
- Expected contract length
- 6 Months
- Organisation the work is for
- Department of Business Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Maximum day rate
- Up to £530
About the work
- Early market engagement
- Who the specialist will work with
- The Support team is embedded with the Analytical community and serves other external departments, but all users are Analysts (Statisticians, Economists, Operational Researchers and Social Researchers).
- What the specialist will work on
- To migrate a private cloud platform to Azure Platform.
- Address where the work will take place
- Westminster, London.
- Working arrangements
- Hybrid working, London Office and working from home.
- Security clearance
- Willing to undergo Security Clearance (SC).
- Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate suppliers’ technical competence.
- Essential skills and experience
- Have minimum 3 years demonstrable experience in working in an Azure cloud environment - 12 points
- Have minimum 5 years experience working in technology - 9 points
- Evidence of migrating, application and data from on premise environment to a cloud environment - 12 points
- Experience of working with a Microsoft Windows Server environment (any version) - 9 points
- Experience of working with an Ubuntu Linux Server environment (any version) - 9 points
- Have experience of working with sensitive and secure data (commercial or personal) - 12 points
- Have experience of building infrastructure as code - 9 points)
- Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Ubuntu Bash scripting – 9 points
- Powershell scripting – 9 points
- SQL scripting – 9 points
How suppliers will be evaluated
All suppliers will be asked to provide a work history.
- How many specialists to evaluate
- Cultural fit criteria
- Able to work in a small multi-skilled team (less than 10) - 9 points
- Willing to help develop other colleagues' capability - 9 points
- Additional assessment methods
- Evaluation weighting
Questions asked by suppliers
- 1. Is there a preferred supplier/incumbent?
- 2. Is there any flexibility with the maximum day rate of up to £530?
- No that is our advertised rate.
- 3. Could you please provide breakdown of further stages with dates? When exactly the final decision would be made?
- We aim to complete first shift of the applications a one week after we have all the responses. We will notify the top 3 candidates after the shift the week after. All this dependent on availability of reviewers and interview dates.
- 4. What is the expectation for hybrid working? Is there a requirement to be onsite in London for a minimum 1 day per week or more, or is there flexibility?
- Yes the plan is to work in hybrid environment- there is an expectation to be in office at least one day a week.
- 5. Please can you confirm the split between home working and being in the office?
- Yes but to be in office at least one day a week.
- 6. What is the current platform?
- The platform is on a Private Cloud operating of Windows operating system.
- 7. Would you be willing to start a candidate that does not have SC Clearance?
- Yes but there will be some restrictions prior to the getting the SC Clearance.