Delivery Manager - Local Digital Collaboration Unit
16 Incomplete applications
16 SME, 0 large
49 Completed applications
46 SME, 3 large
- Wednesday 19 August 2020
- Deadline for asking questions
- Friday 21 August 2020 at 11:59pm GMT
- Closing date for applications
- Wednesday 26 August 2020 at 11:59pm GMT
- Specialist role
- Delivery manager
- Summary of the work
- The specialist will be working with the Local Digital Collaboration Unit to drive delivery of the Local Digital Programme.
- Latest start date
- Monday 7 September 2020
- Expected contract length
- 6 months
- Organisation the work is for
- Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
- Maximum day rate
- Maximum rate of £750 per day.
About the work
- Early market engagement
- Who the specialist will work with
- The specialist will be working with a multi disciplinary, digital team.
- What the specialist will work on
- Agile team management, identify and manage obstacles, dependencies and risks, manage relationships with stakeholders, deliver on Local Digital programme objectives and roadmap.
- Address where the work will take place
- 2 Marsham Street, London, SW1P 4DF and remotely.
- Working arrangements
Full time 5 days a week.
Current working arrangements are from home. Team is co-located in 2 Marsham Street when office reopens fully.
All expenses must be included in the quoted rate.
- Security clearance
- A minimum of BPSS clearance is required.
- Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate suppliers’ technical competence.
- Essential skills and experience
- Extensive experience in agile delivery management with digital or technical teams.
- Extensive experience in coaching teams to deliver using agile frameworks that suits organisation and team culture.
- Experience in facilitating non-tech teams to self organise.
- Experience in working in central government.
- Understanding of how local government work with central government policies.
- Experience in applying and adhering to Government Digital Service (GDS) service manual and principles.
- Experience in working in the open e.g. public show and tells, blogs and sprint notes.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present findings in a compelling way.
- Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Apply and adhere to the Government Digital Service (GDS) service manual and principles.
How suppliers will be evaluated
All suppliers will be asked to provide a work history.
- How many specialists to evaluate
- Cultural fit criteria
- Work well in a collaborative digital team.
- Be open and inviting of the views of others.
- Be adaptive to constant changes.
- Have a pragmatic, can do attitude to delivery and short timescales.
- Additional assessment methods
- Evaluation weighting
Questions asked by suppliers
- 1. Can you confirm if there is a current incumbent?
- There is no current incumbent in this role.
- 2. Could you confirm whether this role is inside or outside of IR35?
- This role will be inside IR35.
- 3. DOS framework terms are for outside IR35 roles. Can you confirm this work will be *inside* IR35?
- Following further clarification, it has been confirmed that this role is, in fact, outside IR35.
- 4. What is the equivalent Civil Service grade for this role?
- The equivalent is Grade 7.
- 5. Can you kindly confirm the makeup of the team and reporting lines?
- The Local Digital team has collaboration managers, a user researcher, service designer, technical architect, content designer and manager, and team lead. The delivery manager will report to the technical architect and team lead.