Base Integrated User Services (IUS) Fixed Voice (FV) Programme Support
2 Incomplete applications
0 SME, 2 large
7 Completed applications
7 SME, 0 large
- Friday 14 February 2020
- Deadline for asking questions
- Friday 21 February 2020 at 11:59pm GMT
- Closing date for applications
- Friday 28 February 2020 at 11:59pm GMT
- Summary of the work
- There is a continued requirement for SQEP resource to deliver the outcomes required in an agile manner throughout the IUS Programme Transition, Migration and Service Migration phases to achieve Programme success. Schedules currently indicate that all outcomes are required to be delivered by March 2021.
- Latest start date
- Monday 13 April 2020
- Expected contract length
- 13 April 20 - 29 September 20 Option subject to financial approval 30 September 20 - 31 March 21
- South West England
- Organisation the work is for
- Strategic Command, Defence Digital, MOD Corsham
- Budget range
The maximum amount of approved funds is
T&S Limit of liability £5,000.00 ex-VAT.
Total Contract value £216,000.00
About the work
- Why the work is being done
- To support the IUS Fixed Voice Programme to deliver and manage critical outcomes relating to the remaining IUS projects to meet quality and performance criteria within a challenging timeframe (before March 2021)
- Problem to be solved
- Deliver and manage critical outcomes relating to the remaining IUS projects to meet quality and performance criteria within a challenging timeframe (before March 2021). There are a number of outstanding artefacts, reports, products and services that must be delivered in full in order to enable them to pass through the live service readiness boards and achieve authority to operate.
- Who the users are and what they need to do
- All Ministry of Defence Fixed Voice Users.
- Early market engagement
- Any work that’s already been done
- 50% of this work has been completed/will have been completed by 15 March 2020.
- Existing team
- The IUS programme Team currently consists of approx. 6 x FTE PMs, 6 x Design Professionals, 4 x Test & Trials Operatives, 2 x Commercial and 2 x Finance Officers and an Project Information Office that are all MOD employees and a Delivery Partner (BT). The team also has 'touch-points' with other Defence Digital Delivery areas such as Global Connectivity, MODNET Evolve, MODNET Base and other Delivery Partners such as Fujitsu and DXC.
- Current phase
- Address where the work will take place
- MOD Corsham. Westwells Road, Corsham, Wiltshire, SN13 9NR
- Working arrangements
- Work onsite 5-days per week to work with the programme team collaboratively, attending joint team meetings, workshops etc, attending other sites where necessary and where approved by Line Manager. Flexible working hours and T&S to be agreed and approved by line manager.
- Security clearance
- Suppliers will be expected to hold SC clearance at Contract Award.
- Additional terms and conditions
• We aim to get feedback to you within 2 weeks of the advert closing.
• T&S will be paid based on receipted actuals and in compliance with MoD Policy, no other expenses are permitted.
• Suppliers must use the Authority’s Purchase to Payment Tool called CP&F or be prepared to sign up to the tool.
• More detail will be provided at the tender stage, for suppliers that pass the shortlisting stage.
• IR35 does not apply.
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate suppliers’ technical competence.
- Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrate recent experience within the last three years of working within Defence or equivalent large complex organisation, demonstrating understanding of programme and project governance (20%)
- Provide examples of recent experience within the last three years of managing/monitoring a multi-site migration activity with cross-departmental dependencies & developing migration approach/plan to monitor & report progress 20%
- Provide examples of working in a self-structured, project-based technical environment working across all levels of the business (10%)
- Core project management qualifications, demonstrating at least 10-years experience of working within methodologies and principles (specifically APMP/MSP/Prince 2) (5%).
- Demonstrate recent experience within the last three years of supporting Risks, Assumptions, Issues, Dependencies & Opportunities management, specifically delivering and managing dependencies (Customer/Defence Partners) (5%)
- Demonstrate experience of delivering service support requirements from early life support to live service. (5%)
- Demonstrate experience of supporting Security Working Group or similar. (5%)
- Demonstrate experience of using MS Office tools to underpin project planning and control, maintaining coherent governance & reporting. (5%)
- Demonstrate experience of financial and cost modelling in support of ICT programmes and familiarity with Government Network contracts or architecture. (10%)
- Demonstrate experience of developing stakeholder engagement/communications plans. (5%)
- Nice-to-have skills and experience
- 1. Provide examples of experience within the last three years of working within Defence or equivalent large complex organisations published standards, protocols, procedural ways of working. (5%)
- 2. Provide examples of relevant, recent experience (within last three years) of developing stakeholder engagement/communications plans (5%)
How suppliers will be evaluated
All suppliers will be asked to provide a written proposal.
- How many suppliers to evaluate
- Proposal criteria
- The Approach and Methodology must align with MOD ways of working; the MOD uses APM & Prince 2 Methodologies. 20%
- Team Structures must be declared within bids they do not have to be named resources 20%
- Evidence your ability to mobilise your team quickly and to flex up and down to ensure outcomes are delivered effectively for this requirement. 30%
- Evidence within last three years of working within Defence or equivalent large complex organisation, demonstrating understanding of roles / responsibilities, implementation of Agile methods, understanding programme and project processes 30%
- Cultural fit criteria
- 1. Experience of working as part of a larger multi functional, technical and non-technical team working towards an agreed outcome (50%)
- 2. Experience of seeing the bigger picture and identifying dependencies that impact delivery of outcomes, working with various stakeholders to track/mitigate (50%)
- Payment approach
- Fixed price
- Additional assessment methods
- Work history
- Evaluation weighting
Questions asked by suppliers
- 1. Can you please confirm who the incumbent is?
- The scope of this requirement is new, however a small component of it has been delivered in the past by SA Group. On this basis there is no incumbent.
2. Please can you confirm the purpose of Nice to Have Questions.
Question 1 appears to be a duplication of Essential Skills and Experience Question 1
Question 2 appears to be a direct duplication of Essential Skills and Experience Question 10
In essential skills and experience bidders are to demonstrate experience in nice to have bidders are to provide real examples of when they have done this.
All evaluation criteria and questions remain extant and unchanged
3. Please can the authority explain the link between "cost modelling" and "Government Network contracts or architecture"?
Noting that we only have 100 words to respond and these appear to be distinctly different topics.
The question is asking for the bidder to demonstrate any experience they have in financial and cost modelling to support ICT programmes and associated experience with Government Network Contracts or architecture.
Bidders are not expected to explain what Government Network contracts or architecture are just the experience they have in conducting financial and cost modelling in this environment.
- 4. Please can you confirm whether the second phase written proposal be within the standard 2000 word template format and when are you expecting invitations to be sent out?
- Yes. Maximum 2000 words including drawings, graphs and any attachments. The Authority anticipates that the down select to second stage will be in the week of the 16th March but this may be subject to change.
- 5. This opportunity reads as an request for a specialist Project Manager, however the budget reads as a team, could the authority kindly clarify?
- The requirement is to deliver an outcome it is for the bidders to propose how they will meet that outcome.