Bang can help get the most from your WordPress implementation including: User research Web strategy User centred design Information architecture Wireframing Usability testing Plugin development and customisation Responsive theme development Deployment Test Training. Bang also offer a range of content services including: Content strategy Copywriting Image manipulation Story development
- WordPress management
- WordPress monitoring
- Service management
- Service maintenance
- WordPress warranty
- WordPress performance and availability
- WordPress security management
- Help desk and telephone support
- Problem reporting and resolution
- WordPress consultancy
- High performance, highly available WordPress solution
- Active monitoring and management, minimises risk of down time
- Expert support at all levels-problems fixed on first call
- Rapid security patching minimises service vulnerability
- Guaranteed service level agreement underwritten by penalties
- Consultancy helps you get the most from your WordPress solution
- Tried and tested secure operational processes
- Your website or intranet will always perform at its best
- Single point of contact for any issues
- Devops team ensures rapid resolution of any problem
£400 per instance
- Pricing document
- Skills Framework for the Information Age rate card
- Service definition document
- Terms and conditions
Bang Communications Ltd
01256 370 900
|How the planning service works||
Bang propose that there will be a short but intensive discovery phase to build an in-depth understanding of the current situation and any current issues. This will involve both exploration and questioning, in a number of areas:
• User needs and requirements
• Technical – how things are built
• Procedural – moving forwards how will we work together
• Governance – how will we maintain oversight of the solution to ensure satisfaction
|Planning service works with specific services||Yes|
|Hosting or software services the planning service works with||WordPress|
|Training service provided||Yes|
|How the training service works||On site and remote training is available.|
|Training is tied to specific services||Yes|
|Services the training service works with||WordPress|
Setup and migration
|Setup or migration service available||Yes|
|How the setup or migration service works||
Bang propose that there will be a short but intensive discovery phase to build an in-depth understanding of the current site build and any current issues. This will involve both exploration and questioning, in a number of areas:
a. Technical – how things are built
b. Procedural – moving forwards how will we work together
c. Governance – how will we maintain oversight of the solution to ensure satisfaction
Examples of the types of things we would explore in the technical area are:
• Which modules have been custom coded and why? Any issues?
• Does the infrastructure contain any caching components/layers? Varnish? Memcached?
For the procedural area we would explore:
• Roles and responsibilities
• Issue tracking and authorisation
• General day to day communications
• Change management and control
• Information assurance and security management
• Analytics and performance management
For the governance area we would explore:
• Contract management and control
• Issue management
• Level and frequency of contact and reporting
Bang have a wealth of experience of migrating websites from one environment to another and from one platform to another. The exact methodology to be employed will be an outcome of the discovery phase.
|Setup or migration service is for specific cloud services||No|
Quality assurance and performance testing
|Quality assurance and performance testing service||Yes|
|How the quality assurance and performance testing works||
Bang has always had a focus on quality and customer satisfaction.
Code changes generated by Bang will go through a full development process – unit tested on the developers own machine, tested on the ‘dev’ environment and independently tested on the ‘staging’ environment before going live. Code changes caused by patches to any element of the environment will be treated differently. Bang will wait until there is a ‘proven’ fix and an authorised release before applying any fix on to the staging environment. These will be tested. Once the tests have been passed these will be scheduled for release to production.
Having a multiple stage process with testing at each stage helps improve overall quality.
Bang will update plugins and modules as appropriate and will take great care that any dependencies between plugins are considered before they are applied. Some plugins may have unexpected side effects so we will test changes on the staging environment before releasing to production.
We have achieved ‘Cyber Essentials Scheme’ certification and are currently working towards ISO 27001 accreditation, to work with our ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
|Security services type||Security testing|
|Certified security testers||Yes|
|Security testing certifications||
|Ongoing support service||Yes|
|Types of service supported||
|How the support service works||
The main service management tool is the Bang Issue Tracker at https://clients.bang-on.net Using the Issue Tracker, the client will be able to
• create support incidents
• update existing support incidents
• upload attachments to new or existing incidents
• access the Bang Knowledge Base for troubleshooting
• add links for articles and support incidents for easy future access
• manage authorised users
The issue tracker is available 24/7 and notification sent out as soon as an issue is raised. The issue will be picked as soon as possible by the support team.
|Service constraints||Telephone, portal and email support only. No webchat.|
|Email or online ticketing support||Email or online ticketing|
|Support response times||
With 1 hour for severity 1 issues.
Next working day for weekend tickets unless specific support arrangement agreed.
|User can manage status and priority of support tickets||Yes|
|Online ticketing support accessibility||WCAG 2.0 AA or EN 301 549|
|Phone support availability||9 to 5 (UK time), Monday to Friday|
|Web chat support||No|
The service channels include telephone and email support, answers to usage queries and issues, advice on how to perform certain functions and training or re-training as required.
Major issues affecting availability or performance
Major issues such as those affecting site availability or performance will be detected by the team 24x7. Bang will provide contact details for within office and out of office hours. Bang and the hosting provider would expect to respond to these issues within minutes or at the outside within an hour.
Functionality issues or queries
There may also be issues that relate to the CMS functionality, usability or the ability to update the content of the website. As well as issues there may be queries about how the CMS is intended to work, ad hoc questions or reports or changes.
For these types, before raising an issue with the Service Manager would anticipate users would have reviewed the User Guide, Q&As and existing issues.
Reporting an issue
If the user believes they have a new issue they can raise it online via the Bang Issue Tracker
You can also contact the Account Manager to raise an issue and they will raise the issue on the system.
|Supplier type||Not a reseller|
|Staff security clearance||Conforms to BS7858:2012|
|Government security clearance||Up to Developed Vetting (DV)|
|Price||£400 per instance|
|Discount for educational organisations||No|