Data Management, Analytics and Visualisation Services
BDP provide professional services and has expertise in SAS, Microsoft SQL, Oracle, AWS & Azure, Qlik, Tableau, Thoughspot & Big Data technologies such as Hadoop. BDP projects range from data management, data quality & data governance, master data management through to data, customer and marketing analytics, reporting and data visualisation.
- Visual Analytics, Data Analytics, Data Science, Business Analysis, Public Services
- Data Model, Database Management, Data Governance, Data Cloud
- Data mapping, Project Management, Dashboard creation e.g. Council Housing Dashboard
- SAS Base, SAS Visual Analytics, SAS Viya, SAS Enterprise Guide
- Qlik, Qlik Analytics, Qlik Cloud, QlikView, Qlik Sense, Housing Dashboards
- Big Data Hadoop, Apache Spark, Cloudera, Hortonworks, Datastax
- Tableau, Tableau Cloud, Tableau Reader, Data Prep, Alteryx
- ThoughtSpot, Snowflake, Talend, Informatica, Teradata, Oracle, SAS Data Intergration Studio
- Cloud Platform Administration Support, AWS, Azure
- Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SSIS, SSRS
- Expert consultant knowledge of technologies, development, and design methodologies
- Informs business strategy
- Unlocks value and insight from data
- Mitigates risk in migrations by providing knowledge and expertise
- Reduces disruption to business
- Increased access to specialist skills
- Increased flexibility and security
- Reduces deployment times and downtime
- Reduces business risks and costs
- Public and Private Sector
£350 to £950 per person
9 4 1 7 5 8 5 5 9 2 6 6 4 9 7
Business Data Partners Ltd
|How the planning service works||
At BDP we start with the buyers use case. Based on the content of this use case we recommend and support the selection of cloud based services essential for delivery. Our methodology delivers exceptional due diligence to uncover the precise needs of the buyer and ensures that what we deliver will be compatible with the buyer’s strategic direction.
BDP will assess the current system environments and business concerns then explain how a cloud or hybrid cloud solution can help, whether it be from an always on technology standpoint or whether is it’s elastic scaling where a system needs to grow to avoid contention and latency.
Working closely together at every stage we ensure the buyer is comfortable and confident of benefitting from our service and delivery partnership.
|Planning service works with specific services||No|
|Training service provided||No|
Setup and migration
|Setup or migration service available||Yes|
|How the setup or migration service works||
BDP offer many data related services. As part of these services we have extensive experience of managing and migrating data across platforms whether it be system upgrades, system swaps or platform separations across Public sector, Retail and Financial Services.
BDP either partner with or offer consultancy and delivery with most of the major ETL platforms. Accompanying this BDP also has a wide variety of experience migrating buyers across platforms both to and between Cloud platforms. The current trends we see are buyers moving from legacy appliances into cloud based big data platforms where existing legacy systems are decommissioned and business processes migrated to off-premise cloud platforms.
|Setup or migration service is for specific cloud services||No|
Quality assurance and performance testing
|Quality assurance and performance testing service||Yes|
|How the quality assurance and performance testing works||
BDP has a dedicated Testing and QA practice with industry accredited consultants. We embed quality through the delivery process and don’t view testing/QA as merely a measure of the quality of the products released. This is achieved;
• Requirements Validation – testing requirements/use cases from definition to ensure they are designed to succeed
• Incorporating regular reviews, e.g. developer peer reviews, walkthrough of key documents etc.
• Independent testing through various test levels from Unit through to Acceptance (User and Operational)
• Agile test delivery so we are nimble and responsive to change
• Providing appropriate levels of governance and audit to demonstrate what has been done, the results achieved, and to inform stakeholders about the release of products to live
• Working with clients to tailor testing to maximise value and deliver a ‘fit for purpose’ product.
To assure the Performance of the system under test, BDP adopts the following approach:
• Analyse the system under test
• Baseline performance metrics
• Define usage profile/characterisation
• Scale performance to verify system behaviour, e.g. a typical day, a peak day, overload beyond peak day, soak test over a period etc.
• Measure results and refine to adhere with requirements.
|Ongoing support service||Yes|
|Types of service supported||
|How the support service works||
BDP can offer support of software implementations provided by us. Our business model aims to offer and deliver a service suitable to the buyer. On some occasions, we see buyers who want to be an integral part of delivery and development with the aim of being able to support the solution themselves. Other buyers prefer to continue with a collaborative approach. BDP are flexible, we align our delivery to the needs of the buyer.
Some of the 3rd party organisations BDP work with offer their own cloud based managed services. For example, cloud hosting Administrators have access to web based wizards via a provider’s web based portal which gives the ability to scale and adjust the required cloud footprint. Behind the scenes the 3rd Party provided had a dedicated team of experts making sure your cloud provision is working as it should thus taking away the worry of maintaining a highly performant cloud hosted service.
BDP can implement these managed services as well as manually configured 3rd party services and help with the support of both methodologies.
We currently support a variety of Cloud and Big Data platforms such as AWS, Hadoop (Hortonworks) and Datastax Enterprise.
|Service constraints||No constraints.|
|Email or online ticketing support||No|
|Phone support availability||9 to 5 (UK time), Monday to Friday|
|Web chat support||No|
BDP can provide both on-site or remote support across a variety of different sized and scale of projects and we would work with our client to provide the right level of support for each project.
Depending on the scale of the project BDP would assign a dedicated support team onsite or remote including a technical account manager. The support team are usually involved from the start of a project and include design and delivery workshops to be fully aware of the buyers needs and expectations and are then on-hand for on-going support following implementation.
We currently support many Cloud Platforms including Azure and AWS and Big Data platforms including Hadoop (Hortonworks) and Datastax Enterprise.
For rates for support levels, these would be discussed at the time with the client and would follow the rate card as submitted.
|Supplier type||Reseller providing extra support|
|Organisation whose services are being resold||Qlik, Tableau, Thoughtspot, SAS|
|Staff security clearance||Conforms to BS7858:2012|
|Government security clearance||Up to Security Clearance (SC)|
|Price||£350 to £950 per person|
|Discount for educational organisations||No|