We deploy clean, creative, easy-to-use websites, digital engagement microsites and extranets on the WordPress cloud CMS, and provide friendly ongoing support to lots of small teams to help them get the most from them. We offer user needs analysis, design, deployment support and ongoing maintenance of themes and plugins.
- User needs analysis, research and testing
- Responsive WordPress design
- WordPress theme and plugin deployment
- Content audit, copywriting and migration
- WordPress publisher and administrator training
- WordPress hosting and monitoring
- Ongoing support for WordPress
- WordPress extranet deployment and integration
- Writing for the web training and content strategy
- WordPress discovery and prototyping
- Manage a website efficiently, at low cost
- Deploy prototypes and campaign sites very quickly
- Optimise website/extranet content for search
- Add interactivity easily: accept submissions, comments and ideas
- Avoid lock-in by using the open source WordPress platform
- Ensure websites/extranets work elegantly across devices
- Help staff and stakeholders find information quickly and easily
- Integrate seamlessly with third party cloud services and APIs
- Understand and meet user needs, and iterate prototypes quickly
£100 to £125 per person per hour
Helpful Technology Ltd T/A Helpful Digital
020 3012 1024
|How the planning service works||We work with clients to understand user needs and technology options through discovery and alpha prototype phases, incorporating user research, analytics review, lightweight application prototyping and technical discovery workshops. From that, we document user stories and capture needs in a discovery document. We help with both technical planning (e.g. publishing workflow, CMS) and also engagement/training strategy|
|Planning service works with specific services||No|
|Training service provided||Yes|
|How the training service works||
We provide a range of training:
- application-specific: we train teams in WordPress publishing and management, how to manage the cloud CMS to publish content effectively. We also deliver basic primer sessions on web analytics using Google Analytics.
- publishing: we run sessions on effective writing skills for web, to help publishers communicate effectively and publish accessible content.
- engagement: we run workshops and blended learning programmes on how to use digital tools effectively for communication and engagement of online audiences, including social media and cloud-based tools
|Training is tied to specific services||No|
Setup and migration
|Setup or migration service available||Yes|
|How the setup or migration service works||
As part of the the discovery process, we look beyond stated requirements to understand underlying business and user needs. As such, we then have a clear technical and strategic brief and can identify the most appropriate technology options.
We frequently help clients migrate or redevelop existing digital products to cloud technologies - for instance, moving from legacy websites to (private or public) cloud-hosted WordPress instances. This process is tailored to individual client projects but typically involves flexible support from requirements gathering and content/technology auditing, through to migration and software deployment/configuration, followed by training and ongoing support.
We also support clients switching between cloud products - e.g. WordPress hosting, analytics or CDNs - with support to backup, move, manage DNS changes and resolve URL changes.
|Setup or migration service is for specific cloud services||No|
Quality assurance and performance testing
|Quality assurance and performance testing service||Yes|
|How the quality assurance and performance testing works||Depending on the project, we help clients conduct their own functional testing of cloud services we have helped them to deploy. We also recommend, configure and deploy automated load tests on their cloud-hosted products where required.|
|Ongoing support service||Yes|
|Types of service supported||Hosting or software provided by your organisation|
|How the support service works||We provide support within fixed-price projects and also on an ongoing basis under managed hosting, support and maintenance agreements which clients can pick and choose from flexibly. Our managed support includes software management, configuration and updates, plus server monitoring and reporting. We also operate a helpdesk service to supported clients which enables them raise tickets by phone or email under an SLA, guaranteeing an initial response within a business day, and ensuring requests from different members of the client team can be tracked and reported against their support time allocation.|
|Service constraints||We provide most of our support remotely by email/phone to maximise use of limited support time but deliver face-to-face workshops, meetings and training around the UK as part of project work.|
|Email or online ticketing support||Email or online ticketing|
|Support response times||< 1 business day for standard tickets|
|User can manage status and priority of support tickets||Yes|
|Online ticketing support accessibility||WCAG 2.1 AA or EN 301 549|
|Phone support availability||9 to 5 (UK time), Monday to Friday|
|Web chat support||No|
We provide the same high level of support to all: clients can choose the amount of support time they require on a monthly basis (generally starting from 2 hours/month in one-hour monthly blocks) with or without support and software maintenance services. Time can be used flexibly for deployment support, design, training or consultancy and rolled over from month to month within a quarterly period if unused.
Support tickets are triaged by a technical helpdesk manager and assigned to developers to investigate and resolve.
|Supplier type||Not a reseller|
|Staff security clearance||Conforms to BS7858:2012|
|Government security clearance||Up to Security Clearance (SC)|
|Price||£100 to £125 per person per hour|
|Discount for educational organisations||No|