Incorvus support services deploy, manage, run and maintain the Containerised Portability Platform (Droplet Computing) which transforms application delivery: removing the dependency between the application, the platform and the device. Services include porting applications, extracting agreed content or data; and training.
- Requirements gathering and definition;
- Project planning, scheduling and commissioning;
- Set up, deployment, testing;
- Options: extraction, migration;
- Client secure access to private cloud storage
- Training (administrators, superusers);
- Support & maintenance;
- Retrospect, project wrap up, next steps.
- Controlled decommissioning of legacy estate;
- Control over out-of-support legacy environment;
- Deploy legacy applications to modern IT OS and device;
- Reduce vulnerability of out-of-support legacy environment;
- Reduce cost of legacy environment;
- Improved governance and compliance of legacy environment;
- Deploy applications seamlessly and consistently across OS and devices;
- Decouple from OS vendor support and patching imperatives.
- After deployment, users simply launch and work as usual!
£245 per unit per day
- Education pricing available
- Pricing document
- Skills Framework for the Information Age rate card
- Service definition document
- Terms and conditions
- Modern Slavery statement
020 8538 9898
|How the planning service works||
Incorvus will gather and define requirements to assist clients with initial project planning, scheduling and commissioning. Determining requirements involves assessment of target environments and applications moving to a proof of concept for compatibility purposes. Incorvus, can by negotiation, also include database, content and data discovery or extraction should this be required as part of a migration or decommissioning strategy - as opposed to enabling legacy applications to run.
Droplet Computing licenses are available either for a single choice of platform and device or for multiplatforms across 3 devices. Incorvus will help customers choose the most suitable option. The OS currently supported are Windows XP, Linux and MacOS. Win7 and Android platforms will be available soon, and IoS subsequently.
|Planning service works with specific services||Yes|
|Hosting or software services the planning service works with||Containerised portability platform (Droplet Computing)|
|Training service provided||Yes|
|How the training service works||
For end users, there is little, if ANY learning curve, since applications will run consistently (as they previously did) no matter what the platform or device. Using the local interface, users simply launch and run the Droplet Application locally in order to access their legacy applications in the usual way.
Incorvus also offers training for administrators and superusers.
Incorvus can provide additional user training, on-site support and site-specific user documentation by separate negotiation.
|Training is tied to specific services||Yes|
|Services the training service works with||Containerised portability platform (Droplet Computing)|
Setup and migration
|Setup or migration service available||Yes|
|How the setup or migration service works||
One of the early hurdles in cloud migration or digital transformation projects arises from legacy estate – data, information and applications may be trapped on obsolete (or soon to be) desktops, devices and repositories. The questions are:
• How to run legacy applications at all, or, securely (if the OS is out-of-support);
• How to find and extract meaningful data from defunct databases; and
• How to do all of these things with sufficient confidence and at your own speed so that you can port applications to safer, more manageable, modern IT environments and initiate decommissioning with peace of mind?
These concerns can all be negated by deploying and running the Droplet Computing container platform enhanced by Incorvus' extensive experience of data engineering.
Set up and migration involves:
• Present Droplet executable and licence to target environment;
• Install application, container and test 'golden' Droplet image;
• Configure container for target applications and resources, retest;
• Deploy container;
• Upload 'golden' images to target cloud repository.
|Setup or migration service is for specific cloud services||Yes|
|List of supported services||Containerised portability platform (Droplet Computing)|
Quality assurance and performance testing
|Quality assurance and performance testing service||Yes|
|How the quality assurance and performance testing works||
Testing is performed at each stage of deployment, to ensure that the Droplet Computing application, the 'golden' image, and the container - with and without applications and resource access configured, is working correctly.
Performance per se is an attribute of the customer's own device and the chosen hosting environment.
The quality assurance required by the customer can be mapped onto the client's existing QA policies or to tested methodologies like TQM.
|Ongoing support service||Yes|
|Types of service supported||
|How the support service works||Containerised portability platform (Droplet Computing) - we provide ongoing support and maintenance as detailed under that separate G Cloud 11 offering|
|Service constraints||Device Platform OS currently supported are Windows XP, MacOS, and Linux. (Windows 7 is expected shortly, with IoS and Android subsequently). If your platform is not listed here, please ask (as other older platforms such as OS2, have been supported, by negotiation). If the device in scope does not have a browser then a local install can be done it may be possible to use WEBDAV or a client app depending upon the hosting to be used.|
|Email or online ticketing support||Email or online ticketing|
|Support response times||Support is available Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm (normal working hours), with 24/7 availability to log incidents. During normal working hours, responses will be within 1 hour.|
|User can manage status and priority of support tickets||Yes|
|Online ticketing support accessibility||None or don’t know|
|Phone support availability||9 to 5 (UK time), Monday to Friday|
|Web chat support||Yes, at an extra cost|
|Web chat support availability||9 to 5 (UK time), Monday to Friday|
|Web chat support accessibility standard||WCAG 2.1 AA or EN 301 549|
|Web chat accessibility testing||The interface relies on technology already in common usage.|
Support levels during normal working hours are:
Level 1 (Critical Service Incident), response typically within 1 hour; Level 2 (Non-Critical Service Incident) - response typically within 4 hours; Level 3 (Minor Support Request) - response typically within 8 hours.
Basic service support includes access to an account manager and access to technical support. Support requests and escalation (if required) will be managed by the Incorvus Account Manager, acting as a single point of contact. Individually-customised Support Contracts to meet the specific requirements and policies of the customer are available by negotiation.
|Supplier type||Reseller providing extra features and support|
|Organisation whose services are being resold||Droplet Computing|
|Staff security clearance||Conforms to BS7858:2012|
|Government security clearance||Up to Security Clearance (SC)|
|Price||£245 per unit per day|
|Discount for educational organisations||Yes|