Methods provides scalable, flexible ICT consultancy drawing on our experience in Cloud technology, project and programme management, data analysis, business intelligence, transformation, architecture, Cloud strategies and roadmaps, infrastructure, communications and procurement. We support business and technological change, from using technology more efficiently to applications rationalisation to legacy data migration.
- Underpinned by recognised methodologies, e.g. MSP and PRINCE2
- Advanced in our thinking on Digital asset optimisation
- Understanding of Cloud, Digital and platform-based principles
- Ability to rapidly dial-up and dial-down according to changing requirements
- Ability to mobilise quickly and with large teams
- Sound understanding of public service issues and operations
- Experienced in local government, central government, health and police forces
- Experienced in supplying arms-length bodies and third sector organisations
- A diverse/extensive delivery ecosystem: employees, partner firms and associates
- Scalable and customisable; access to only the skills you need
- Pragmatic innovators: focused on achievable and sustainable transformational change
- Wide experience: we apply learning from across Local Government
- Broad skills, capabilities and mobility
- Unrivalled access to leading-edge policy thinking on Digital Public Services
- Benefits/ value-led approach to all technology change
- Increased robustness of change processes and governance
- Experience in aligning technology with business change
- Flexible commercial arrangements: T&M/Fixed Price
- Able to act as a trusted advisor or critical friend
- Greater access to subject-matter experts through our delivery eco-system
£350 per person per day
Methods Business and Digital Technology Limited
020 7240 1121
|How the planning service works||
Methods work collaboratively to understand the requirements, using our experience and existing toolsets/collateral to identify and deliver the optimum solution. Our project managers have experience in planning and implementing cloud solutions.
With an extensive library of previous deliveries, we are able to re-use or tailor our standard processes and plans to highlight and prioritise key focus areas and dependencies that will allow smooth delivery within required timescales.
We also have significant experience of working with multi-supplier deliveries and have proven processes for ensuring that we can work with all parties to ensure successful delivery.
|Planning service works with specific services||No|
|Training service provided||Yes|
|How the training service works||
We work closely with our clients throughout the project and service lifecycle to fully understand their training needs and build a customised approach to ensure your transition to cloud services is successful. Training methods include:
• Training: on-site one-to-one coaching, facilitated group training sessions, video tutorials, training documentation and video conference training sessions.
• Mentoring: support and knowledge transfer is provided directly to in-house staff and/or other suppliers as part of the day-to-day working with our service teams.
• Shadowing: this involves part or full time support to one or more client individual, specifically supporting them in handling their day to day activities, and providing real time support and assistance with new roles and new responsibilities.
• Informal training sessions - Dynabytes: an effective way of having short sharp sessions (often 30 minutes) on relevant topics that will assist staff on better ways of working, new ideas etc. They can be delivered at lunchtime or at the end of the day as appropriate and practical.
• Creation of a Knowledge Repository: we encourage the creation of a shared space for storing useful collateral, worked examples, templates and case studies that facilitate improved working across the organisation.
|Training is tied to specific services||No|
Setup and migration
|Setup or migration service available||Yes|
|How the setup or migration service works||
We provide a comprehensive set-up and migration service to support your transition to cloud hosting or cloud software. We follow a proven multi-stage migration path with full operational engagement to ensure secure and managed migration from legacy to new.
We recognise the need to migrate with minimal disruption to operational services and reduce the risk of outage and data loss through structured planning, test and execution.
Methods works to embed the new ways of working within the organisation to ensure long-term user adoption, something which is key to any successful migration and provides the basis for further development and avoiding regression to previous, outdated practices.
We have years of experience in supporting our clients to conduct migrations from complex legacy estates into new cloud-based environments. We understand the complexities of moving from an on-premise traditional IT environment towards cloud, so we support our clients to manage this transition safely.
|Setup or migration service is for specific cloud services||No|
Quality assurance and performance testing
|Quality assurance and performance testing service||Yes|
|How the quality assurance and performance testing works||
All of our accreditations are built into an internal Quality Management System which defines the control systems and quality procedures used throughout the company to ensure that we provide an excellent quality service.
We provide a comprehensive quality assurance and performance testing service for our cloud hosting and services. This is offered throughout the entire lifecycle of our product development to ensure we provide our clients with robust, secure and scalable solutions to meet their needs. We offer quality assurance for both our own work and our clients by conducting code reviews, cloud environment assessments and architectural reviews. We conduct a range of testing services to ensure our cloud services are performing to required level of standards for our clients. This includes, user acceptance testing, penetration testing, automated deployment testing, infrastructure monitoring and API monitoring.
|Security testing service||Yes|
|Security testing type||
|Other security testing||
|Accredited security testers||Yes|
|Security testing accreditations||
|Other security testing accreditations||CCP Scheme Accredited|
|Certified Professional (CCP) risk analysts||Yes|
|Ongoing support service||Yes|
|Types of service supported||
|How the support service works||Methods is able to provide ongoing support, throughout implementation and post-implementation, however our underpinning philosophy is to supplement existing support capability and capacity, rather than replace it.|
|Email or online ticketing support||Email or online ticketing|
|Support response times||As required.|
|User can manage status and priority of support tickets||No|
|Phone support availability||9 to 5 (UK time), Monday to Friday|
|Web chat support||No|
|Support levels||Our support levels include onsite, email and telephone assistance for incident logging and end-user support/service requests. Our projects typically employ an account management structure as as part of our delivery, support and quality assurance processes.|
|Supplier type||Not a reseller|
|Staff security clearance||Conforms to BS7858:2012|
|Government security clearance||Up to Developed Vetting (DV)|
|Price||£350 per person per day|
|Discount for educational organisations||No|
|Pricing document||View uploaded document|
|Skills Framework for the Information Age rate card||View uploaded document|
|Service definition document||View uploaded document|
|Terms and conditions document||View uploaded document|