Objectivity provides a proven process to move you from an on premise / hosted platform to a cloud based infrastructure. We create and execute a plan that transfers chosen systems and applications to the cloud whilst we assure all access, security and performance requirements are preserved.
- Strong focus on business continuity, systems remain operational during transition
- Migration of data where necessary, preserving transaction integrity
- Data and system security using appropriate encryption and obfuscation techniques
- Project assurance process built in to all engagements
- Regular feedback and progress demonstrations
- Data and feature rationalisation – prioritising work to maximise value
- Conformance to data storage regulations and constraints
- Running systems in parallel where appropriate during the transition
- Strong focus on system stability and performance
- Continual system, integration, regression and performance testing
- Fully scalable and flexible cloud infrastructure – add/remove on demand
- Lower risk, real time performance monitoring and resource management
- Lower infrastructure and maintenance costs – no capital expenditure
- Built in business continuity and disaster recovery processes reduce risk
- Carefully controlled and automated system updates
- Proven and well-defined engagement process for Discovery, Alpha, Beta, Live
- Environmentally friendly eco-system, lower energy consumption and carbon emissions
£385 to £1295 per person per day
|How the planning service works||
Objectivity assists with all aspects of the implementation of cloud systems . We give our Clients clear understanding of their stakeholders' needs, the technical landscape, architecture, and cost estimation of various cloud solution approaches.
On the project level, we create high level solution backlog and technical architecture. We translate these into an appropriate system design. We identify and help mitigate risks, create delivery schedule and the resulting cost estimation. Our planning covers interim and final releases as well as other key milestones.
We have experience planning the use of well established cloud software such as Microsoft, Salesforce, or proven open-source solutions. We can also assist the implementation of bespoke software.
We help with planning the integrations between cloud and on-premise software. This ensures cloud based applications can communicate with each other and with other systems efficiently and securely. We help set up analytics pipelines, data migration and backup. We plan the transfer from on-premise or hosted platforms to cloud-based infrastructure. Our focus is business continuity during transition, running the systems in parallel where appropriate, and preserving security and performance requirements.
|Planning service works with specific services||Yes|
|Hosting or software services the planning service works with||
|Training service provided||Yes|
|How the training service works||
We always strive to design or pick user friendly, intuitive solutions which do not require extensive training. In most cases Objectivity provides training in “train the trainer” model for the solutions we create: we train a core team of users or IT specialists within the Client’s organisation. These core individuals become the main point of contact for others. We always recommend that training of the core team is a face to face session. It is supported by a set of artefacts which can later be used as supporting materials for other users. We can also perform the training remotely, using online tools with material sharing capabilities or webinars.
We recommend recording the training session to use it as training materials in the future for newly joined employees. This model works particularly well when our clients engage new customers or suppliers who require a basic overview of the system.
Additionally, for 3rd party solutions we engage external certified training providers.
We provide comprehensive documentation for handover, including: architecture and database description, configuration instructions for development and deployment, service catalogue, a known issue log with instructions how to handle them. Context sensitive Online User Manuals are often available from within our applications.
|Training is tied to specific services||Yes|
|Services the training service works with||
Setup and migration
|Setup or migration service available||Yes|
|How the setup or migration service works||
Objectivity provides various auxiliary services in cloud migration projects:
• Assistance in comprehensive migration project planning
• Analysis of the ‘as is’ system landscape and design of the ‘to be’ cloud solutions
• For simple migrations, cloud system ensured to operate the same way as legacy solution
• Technical audits and project recovery
• Steering the collaboration between the client, Objectivity and cloud provider (e.g. Microsoft)
• Agile delivery of cloud solutions – development and testing of bespoke services, customization of cloud services (product, SaaS)
• Data migration – data format assessment, verification and selection of tools, consulting business process changes, data security
• Integration with 3rd party systems, on premise solutions, etc.
• Post release support, monitoring and maintenance (also in DevOps model)
|Setup or migration service is for specific cloud services||Yes|
|List of supported services||
Quality assurance and performance testing
|Quality assurance and performance testing service||Yes|
|How the quality assurance and performance testing works||
Software Quality Assurance, including performance testing, is built into our entire development framework to ensure that the produced software complies with the customer expectations and that its quality is at the agreed level.
Objectivity dedicated specialists conduct manual and automated functional tests for cloud based applications and software: security, performance and accessibility tests. Other tests include: specification-based tests, re-tests, regression, exploratory, automated tests (unit, integration, UI), disaster recovery (DRP), failover testing.
We follow agile automation test pyramid approach using Selenium, TestComplete, Protractor for UI tests, RestSharp, RestAssured, SoapUI for WebApi testing. We use several tools to support performance testing such as JMeter and Visual Studio Enterprise. We provide our Clients with early feedback, ensure close cooperation with the developers and obtain high quality solutions as early as possible.
Our performance testing includes: • Analysing business scenarios, definitions of expected throughput and volume figures • Designing test scenarios and overall test plan • Implementing test scripts (automated where applicable) with written instructions for executing them, preparing test data • Executing all test cases according to the prepared test plan, test scripts (potentially multiple runs in iterations) • Reporting the results of executed performance tests.
|Security testing service||Yes|
|Security testing type||Penetration testing|
|Accredited security testers||No|
|Ongoing support service||Yes|
|Types of service supported||
|How the support service works||
We offer a broad range of cloud support services:
• reactive 24/7 service desk (1st line support by qualified staff who are capable of resolving technical issues)
• proactive 2nd and 3rd line support
• full escalation management
• ITIL based service delivery
• Objectivity helps plan the required support level and oversee project handover to support
• proactive and preemptive monitoring of the application and the infrastructure
• preventative capacity management (we monitor and are able to predict performance of the application and the infrastructure in the future, and drive the necessary steps to maintain sufficient capacity)
• system performance optimisation.
We support the following hosting and software services: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Salesforce, Sharepoint, private cloud, support for bespoke software, COTS (off-the-shelf), SaaS software, and others.
|Service constraints||We don't have significant organisation-wide constraints. Constraints may exist based on the nature of the service and our engagement, and will be investigated later in the process.|
|Email or online ticketing support||Email or online ticketing|
|Support response times||We provide levels of support dependent on system requirements, clients' needs and budgets. Response times depend on individual SLAs and OLAs. They typically fall within within 1 to 16 hours. Weekend response time ranges from 1 to 2 hours, however it is typically reserved for critical issues only.|
|User can manage status and priority of support tickets||Yes|
|Online ticketing support accessibility||WCAG 2.0 AA or EN 301 549|
|Phone support availability||24 hours, 7 days a week|
|Web chat support||No|
We provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd level support.
The cost of support packages ranges from 2000 GBP per month (for basic reactive service with limited effort, during core business hours) to 150 000 GBP per month (for fully managed service with monitoring, dedicated Support Delivery Manager, 24/7/365).
We can provide a Technical Account Manager or Cloud Support Engineer along with other key roles such as Service Delivery Manager.
|Supplier type||Not a reseller|
|Staff security clearance||Other security clearance|
|Government security clearance||Up to Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS)|
|Price||£385 to £1295 per person per day|
|Discount for educational organisations||No|
|Pricing document||View uploaded document|
|Skills Framework for the Information Age rate card||View uploaded document|
|Service definition document||View uploaded document|
|Terms and conditions document||View uploaded document|