Q Associates Limited
Q VMware NSX
VMware NSX® is the network virtualization and security platform for the Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC), delivering the operational model of a virtual machine for entire networks. With NSX, network functions including switching, routing, and firewalling are embedded in the Hypervisor. NSX-T performs similar SDN functions for non-VMware environments.
- logical layer2 overlay extensions across routed Fabrics
- Support for VXLAN-based network overlays.
- Distributed stateful firewalling, embedded in the hypervisor kernel.
- Unmanaged VPN for cloud gateway services.
- NSX API - RESTful API for integration into any Cloud
- Service composer enables the creation of dynamic security groups.
- Membership of security groups based on VMware objects and tags
- NSX Edge routing services/connectivity to networks external to NSX-T
- Software Defined Networking (SDN)/Network Functions Virtualisation (NFV)
- Micro-segmentation and granular security delivered to the individual
- Reduced network provisioning time from days to seconds
- improved operational efficiency through automation
- Workload mobility independent of physical network topology
- Abstracting networking from hardware, networking/security policies
- Enhanced security and advanced networking
- North-south firewall capability via NSX Edge.