Cloud communications and culture audit
This service analyses your organisation’s culture and communications to support the transition to your chosen Cloud service(s). The service can encompass internal and external communications.
- Written communications review and analysis using anthropology and ethnography methods
- Anthropologists observe and interact to understand interactional culture
- Organisational and team cultures are identified and characterised
- Clashes between values and/or assumptions are identified
- Advice on communications and organisational practices are provided
- Consistency of tone, message and interaction on Cloud services assured
- Human factors assessment
- Objective, practical analysis grounded in anthropology, linguistics, and ethnography
- Cloud implementation smoothed
- Communications blockers to cloud implementation identified
- Cultural clashes between teams (e.g., IT, digital, business, stakeholders) identified
- Value of Cloud maximised through consistent messaging
£350 per unit per day
8 5 1 4 6 4 9 1 6 8 2 5 5 1 7
You Say Tomato
|How the planning service works||
This service supports the planning of cloud projects by supporting the communications elements of change management, project management and programme management. The service can diagnose communications issues within and between stakeholder groups. The service can also help all stages of cloud projects that are in support of a project following GDS Service Design principles i.e. Agile / Lean. This includes Discovery, Alpha, Beta and Live phases (and their assessment). The service is of particular benefit where both Agile and Cloud are a new to an organisation or a team within the organisation.
The service can also support the planning of external communications around a cloud implementation and the communications and functions that cloud services such as SAAS are intended to be used for; and can support the planning of human factors considerations.
|Planning service works with specific services||No|
|Training service provided||Yes|
|How the training service works||
Training can be provided in the use of cloud based social media SAAS tools. Training typically includes:
- Acquire a basic user knowledge of the cloud service
- Acquire confidence in using the service to project professional and
- Understand the basic online grammar of the service
- Know the basic rules of online writing
- Develop an authentic online identity
- Understand how to spot and respond (or not) to trolls
|Training is tied to specific services||No|
Setup and migration
|Setup or migration service available||Yes|
|How the setup or migration service works||
This service helps organisations transition to and maximise the use of cloud by identifying and the often unspoken communications and cultural issues that hamper the transition to many cloud based services.
The service employs proven tools and techniques from anthropology, organisational ethnography, and socio-linguistics to delivery a rigorous analysis of an organisation’s communication (both written and oral) and culture style. The service is invaluable in project, change and programme management or where two or more groups, including stakeholder groups, need to work together to deliver and maximise the benefits of cloud. The service also facilitates the includes of human factors analysis into the cloud transition.
In addition to internal communications this service can ensure that there is consistency of message and tone in the use of cloud services for example – are the functions and text in your SAAS implementation consistent with your organisational style and GDS Service Design guidelines and GDS Style Guide.
Typically the service will provide audits, reports and recommendations related to culture and communications.
This practice is lead by Dr B Clark a consulting anthropologist and linguist.
|Setup or migration service is for specific cloud services||No|
Quality assurance and performance testing
|Quality assurance and performance testing service||No|
|Ongoing support service||No|
|Service constraints||No technical constraints apply to this service.|
|Email or online ticketing support||Email or online ticketing|
|Support response times||One business day or less.|
|User can manage status and priority of support tickets||No|
|Phone support availability||9 to 5 (UK time), Monday to Friday|
|Web chat support||No|
|Support levels||We respond to queries relating to these services during working hours.|
|Supplier type||Not a reseller|
|Staff security clearance||Staff screening not performed|
|Government security clearance||Up to Security Clearance (SC)|
|Price||£350 per unit per day|
|Discount for educational organisations||No|