Scroll's content designers have worked on all types of GOV.UK content, transitions to GOV.UK and developing cloud digital services in multidisciplinary teams. We start with user needs, designing clear content that meets these needs. We validate our work against analytics and user research and are meticulous about fact-checking.
- Network of 250+ trained, trained, tested and trusted content designers
- Many content designers have been with Scroll over 5 years
- Our content is clear and meets user needs
- We are clear and diplomatic in justifying our editorial decisions
- We are skilled in obtaining sign-off and content clearance efficiently
- We apply robust processes to maintain content quality and relevance
- Using data to shape content: evidence informs planning and reviewing
- Incorporating user feedback and user needs as an ongoing process
- We also deliver streamed video content and content across channels
- We are thought leaders in user needs-based content strategy development
- Extensive experience with government content creates quality and efficiency
- An agile approach ensures a good fit with multidisciplinary teams
- Content is our core business - not an add-on
- Quality-assured content builds trust in your organisation
- Agile content production and management for cloud services
- We expand and contract our teams to meet your needs
- Skilled stakeholder management means smoother projects and deadlines met
- Expertise in applying the GDS design principles and running 2i
- We can work in multidisciplinary, agile and co-located teams
- We also offer localisation, content audits, stakeholder and transition management
£400 to £650 per person per day
- Education pricing available
Hetty Meyric Hughes
|How the planning service works||
Scroll advises clients on how best to prepare for their transition to cloud or adoption of new software: we examine how content will be affected and how to create efficiencies and avoid costly delays.
We provide a content operations service to consider the needs of content at every stage of the content lifecycle for cloud projects. We help you to plan for the technical aspects of content operations: setting priorities, identifying potential efficiencies an integrating plans for content across all media and platforms.
Our content strategy service will guide you in planning content for your services and cloud projects through the lens of content and users to achieve efficient, consistent management of all digital content assets across all platforms.
We combine our technical understanding with our content experience to work collaboratively from the discovery phase to live and beyond, researching and advocating for user needs, building stakeholder engagement and planning for the migration and content creation that will follow.
|Planning service works with specific services||No|
|Training service provided||No|
Setup and migration
|Setup or migration service available||Yes|
|How the setup or migration service works||
Scroll has planned and executed large-scale migrations for government departments. We redesigned content for the flagship GOV.UK launch, merging dozens of websites into a single architecture and recrafting content to fit user needs and the new site design.
We can support you from the early stages of planning, liaising with developers, designers, and SMEs. We can provide expertise at various stages: strategy and technical input, IA, and a team of migration editors and content designers later. We also train staff in using their new technology and writing for it.
|Setup or migration service is for specific cloud services||No|
Quality assurance and performance testing
|Quality assurance and performance testing service||Yes|
|How the quality assurance and performance testing works||
Scroll has extensive experience in QA processes for cloud content and can design and manage processes for customers, or supply specialists to run QA to GOV.UK style. We are also experienced in the performance testing of digital content, monitoring usage metrics and other performance data to continually improve and iterate content. We test our content on users, amending it iteratively and adjusting guidelines according to good practice.
Scroll prides itself on the quality of its content services, and we have a member of the team dedicated to developing and maintaining quality standards.
We can assess the quality of content and implement strategies in order to achieve consistent standards. We also design style guides and protocols and train our content designers to use them, thereby reducing the likelihood of errors and divergence from standards.
For migration projects, we design a fully quality-assured process that supports the migration and content progresses and supports progress.
|Ongoing support service||No|
|Email or online ticketing support||Email or online ticketing|
|Support response times||
The same working day if received at noon; by 10:00 the next working day otherwise.
By 10:00 on the Monday morning for requests received over the weekend.
We also have a support ticketing system available.
|User can manage status and priority of support tickets||Yes|
|Online ticketing support accessibility||WCAG 2.0 AAA|
|Phone support availability||9 to 5 (UK time), Monday to Friday|
|Web chat support||Web chat|
|Web chat support availability||9 to 5 (UK time), Monday to Friday|
|Web chat support accessibility standard||WCAG 2.0 AAA|
|Web chat accessibility testing||We've not yet had the call for it but would welcome the opportunity, in order to test and refine our testing approach.|
There is an out of hours phone support service 24/7 for emergencies.
We use web chat during normal working hours and also set up Slack channels and Trello boards for clients, as well as using any other collaborative apps you find helpful.
There is no additional cost for this level of support.
|Supplier type||Not a reseller|
|Staff security clearance||Other security clearance|
|Government security clearance||Up to Security Clearance (SC)|
|Price||£400 to £650 per person per day|
|Discount for educational organisations||Yes|
|Pricing document||View uploaded document|
|Skills Framework for the Information Age rate card||View uploaded document|
|Service definition document||View uploaded document|
|Terms and conditions document||View uploaded document|