This service typically extends internal and external services, tools, products, applications or systems that provide cloud-based, business critical solutions. SCISYS brings experience, expertise and innovation to systems integration and development, exploiting web services, APIs and Service Orientated Architectures (SOAs), providing enterprise solutions, data services, information management, reporting and more.
- Integrates software, middleware, hardware and specialist components (e.g. Oracle Forms)
- Integration into existing cloud environment or provision of new infrastructure.
- Exploits range of technologies including Angular, Spring and Oracle
- Deployment of Enterprise Service Buses (ESB) where appropriate.
- Micro services
- Suitable for public, private and hybrid clouds.
- Cloud-provider partners include AWS, Adapt, Google, UKCloud, Azure and Savvis.
- Delivery in-line with Government Service Design Manual
- Vendor agnostic
- Built on 30 years of experience
- Extends life of legacy applications
- Powerful enterprise-wide solutions through integration and interoperability.
- Functionality includes workflow, case management, automation, authentication, reporting, BPM, etc.
- Provides information management, collaboration, data services, enterprise applications, etc.
- Exploits functionality of legacy systems and previously siloed data.
- Integrates external services e.g. payment, authentication and verification systems.
- Adheres to standards such as PRINCE2, ITIL and ISO9001/27001.
- Delivery using Agile approaches
- Integrated systems to improve performance and gain efficiency savings.
£530 to £1300 per person per day
- Pricing document
- Skills Framework for the Information Age rate card
- Service definition document
- Terms and conditions
SCISYS UK Ltd
|How the planning service works||The detail depends on where the customer is at with the adoption of cloud services i.e. whether this is a new service or a legacy service being ported to the cloud but activities will include assessment of user needs, non functional requirements, security issues and other related items. This can take the form of a business case if early in the process or a more detailed plan for the implementation of the service.|
|Planning service works with specific services||No|
|Training service provided||Yes|
|How the training service works||
Training approaches will depend on a number of factors including the geographic spread of the customer, the specific cloud service and budget available. Training strategies include
Train the trainer
|Training is tied to specific services||No|
Setup and migration
|Setup or migration service available||Yes|
|How the setup or migration service works||SCISYS works with the customer to understand the user needs, non functional requirements and associated security issues.|
|Setup or migration service is for specific cloud services||No|
Quality assurance and performance testing
|Quality assurance and performance testing service||Yes|
|How the quality assurance and performance testing works||SCISYS uses a number of industry standard approaches to undertake these services which are customised to the particular needs of the client.|
|Security services type||
|Ongoing support service||Yes|
|Types of service supported||
|How the support service works||SCISYS' cloud hosting and software services support are provided in-line with and certified to ISO 20000-1.|
|Service constraints||All services are provided by UK based personnel.|
|Email or online ticketing support||Email or online ticketing|
|Support response times||Response times are dependent on severity and will be detailed in the SOF.|
|User can manage status and priority of support tickets||Yes|
|Online ticketing support accessibility||None or don’t know|
|Phone support availability||9 to 5 (UK time), Monday to Friday|
|Web chat support||No|
|Support levels||Support levels will depend on various customer parameters and will be detailed in the SOF. SCISYS can provide support up to and including full 24/7/365.|
|Supplier type||Not a reseller|
|Staff security clearance||Other security clearance|
|Government security clearance||Up to Developed Vetting (DV)|
|Price||£530 to £1300 per person per day|
|Discount for educational organisations||No|