HYPE Enterprise End-to-End Innovation Management Platform
HYPE Innovation is a global leader in full-life cycle (open) innovation management software and services. Our innovation platform allows organizations to engage thousands of employees and 3rd parties in idea generation and collaborative problem solving - enriched with trend scouting and insight management to foster and stimulate creativity.
- Strategic Innovation Areas: align your activities with your corporate strategy
- Idea Campaigns: ask specific questions to your target audience
- Idea Channels: always open to submit ideas/insights on the go
- Trends & Inspirations: collect external signals to stimulate creativity
- Ideas: crowd-source ideas from internals & open innovation / crowd
- Evaluation: flexible toolkit to structure, select & prioritise ideas
- Business Case: refine your most promising ideas in iterative processes
- Projects: track the implementation status of your innovation projects
- Governance: centralized reporting & customizable management dashboards
- Integrations: SSO, Microsoft Product Suite, JIVE, Yammer...
- Engage employees, partners, open innovation (customers, the public)
- Support your corporate change management & transformation process
- Generate Quick Wins, New Business or Cost Savings
- Support & guidance throughout your innovation management journey
- Bridge the gap between your commercial objectives and innovation programmes
- Establish a centralised innovation governance and reporting
- Foster collaboration and cultural change
- Increase transparency across your organisation and silos
- Provide business value by solving actual business challenges
- Be part of HYPE's leading innovation community
£0.6 to £150 per user per year
- Education pricing available
+44 7342 375 882
|Software add-on or extension||No|
|Cloud deployment model||
The purpose of SAML is to enable Single Sign-On for web application across various domains. The HYPE software supports the SAML2 SSO standard both with identity and service provider initiated SSO. The following requirements are mandatory to use this feature:
Active test account, Shibboleth needs to act as a service provider and needs to be configured as a handler in IIS. The customer’s Identity Provider needs to be configured to work with the service provider. The IdP is in control of providing SSO functionality.
|Email or online ticketing support||Email or online ticketing|
|Support response times||HYPE will react within 2 working hours during Business Hours to any defects submitted.|
|User can manage status and priority of support tickets||Yes|
|Online ticketing support accessibility||None or don’t know|
|Phone support availability||9 to 5 (UK time), Monday to Friday|
|Web chat support||No|
|Onsite support||Yes, at extra cost|
HYPE will react within 2 working hours during Business Hours to any defects submitted by doing the following: Provide Customer with the name of the person at HYPE in charge of handling the defect notification and (ii) allocate an initial Defect Priority to the reported defect.
The response time will be measured from the time at which HYPE has received the defect notification and a full description of the symptoms that have occurred via telephone or e-mail until the time that HYPE provides the above information to Customer via telephone or e-mail.
E.g. Diagnosis time for most critical defects is 8 Business Hours; Resolution time for those defects no later than 2 Business Days.
The Hosted System network will be available 99,9% of the time in a given contractual year, excluding Maintenance.
Each customer at HYPE will be managed by a UK based, technical account manager and be part of a specific HYPE project team to ensure ongoing support even during holidays etc. Further coaching and guidance is part of our service offering and outlined in the detailed service scope attached.
|Support available to third parties||Yes|
Onboarding and offboarding
HYPE offers a range of consulting packages to support the effective implementation of our software. Our consultants will work with you on-site to establish your structure, culture, and objectives to understand your deployment objectives and build your tailored platform along those lines accompanied by industry standard best practices to serve your specific needs. All HYPE consulting services are offered based on our own methodology derived from three sources:
• 15 years of experience establishing Innovation Management programs for complex multi-national corporations
• Research that is specific to large, online collaborative work environments
• Modern change management methods and novel approaches to changing behaviors.
As part of our training and consulting services, HYPE will explain core best practices to aid your program. All advice and guidance will be adapted to the elements that make your company unique: Its Culture, Structure and Objectives. Each of these elements will affect how you adopt HYPE and enterprise idea management.
In addition to this best-practice coaching and guidance, we will train you how to use and apdapt your HYPE software in on-site workshops as well als remote sessions for ad-hoc support.
|End-of-contract data extraction||
All customer data can be exported easily once a contract has been terminated. No data (ideas, comments, likes, users...) will be lost and can be archived by the customer at any time. In case a certain export format is required , HYPE also provides add on packages to support the extraction of information.
Once all required information have been archived, all customer data will be deleted from the HYPE server irreversibly based on our drive wipe policy and GDPR regulations.
No additional fees required unless a certain format of data exports is required (e.g. for migrating data into another system).
Once customer data has been fully exported, HYPE will delete all customer data irreversibly from the server using state of the art procedures.
Using the service
|Web browser interface||Yes|
|Application to install||No|
|Designed for use on mobile devices||Yes|
|Differences between the mobile and desktop service||
• Seamless, secure integration directly into your idea management portal
• Feature-rich tool kit, including self-registration, profile editing, submission, discussion,
• voting, and 'Send-to-a-friend' mailing
• Multimedia idea capture, enabling idea visualization and allowing users “on the go” to
• upload and attach pictures and videos to ideas
• Brand-new design and usability
• Supports all languages implemented for your HYPE platform
• Works with Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and Blackberry
• Supports the following authentication methods:
• Locally stored passwords
• SSO via SAML
|What users can and can't do using the API||
HYPE's RESTful API is for developers who want to interact with the HYPE object model. This API helps you to access the data you want to use, for example
• You implement server to server communication to exchange data between systems.
As of now, the following use cases are covered:
1. Displaying lists of items
Covered by the Portfolio Service
2. Delivering various uploaded resources like pictures, Office documents, PDFs, etc.
Covered by the Resource Service
3. Delivering, creating, deleting and updating single objects, upload of attachments
Covered by the Object Service
4. Delivering statuses within reach for a current object
Covered by the Reachable Statuses Service
5. Delivering keyword hierarchies available for keyword fields
Covered by the Keyword Hierarchy Service
6. Updating multiple objects at once
Covered by the Object Batch Update Service
|API documentation formats|
|API sandbox or test environment||Yes|
|Description of customisation||
HYPE Enterprise UX can be fully customized by the buyer (Logo, CI Colours...). In addition, the HYPE system is 100% configurable w/o any programming being required (please consider the pros and cons remaining in the standard environment).
In addition, HYPE provides a lot of flexibility out of the box which does not even require configuration, e.g.:
- Customizable idea submission forms per campaign
- Multiple Evaluation Sessions with individual review criteria and experts
- Template based business cases
- Campaign functionality and process steps can be adjusted per campaign
- Notification templates
|Independence of resources||
HYPE Enterprise is a fully scalable solution and being used by customers with more than 350.000 employees (400k ideas, 2.3mio overall objects). Increasing HYPE's performance is one core part of our business and top management domain. Performance improvements are data driven and drawn from real time metrics which are already applied during the development and QA-cycle.
HYPE uses a defined process/toolkit and testing like Jmeter Tests to maximize our performance.
|Service usage metrics||Yes|
HYPE comes out of the box with a standard Key Performance Indicators (KPI) engine with customizable reports and analytics about activity, progress and value, as well as complete innovation portfolio overview. For creating individual KPI’s you can use HYPE’s flexible KPI-Toolkit.
You can create company-specific matrixes and diagrams that go beyond standardized key figures for processes and idea portfolios. Furthermore, through further discussions and understanding what program you’d like to run, we’ll be able to provide benchmarks to establish the health level of your implementation.
KPIs and the underlying tables can be exported into Excel automatically with one click.
|Supplier type||Not a reseller|
|Staff security clearance||Other security clearance|
|Government security clearance||Up to Developed Vetting (DV)|
|Knowledge of data storage and processing locations||Yes|
|Data storage and processing locations||
|User control over data storage and processing locations||Yes|
|Datacentre security standards||Complies with a recognised standard (for example CSA CCM version 3.0)|
|Penetration testing frequency||At least once a year|
|Penetration testing approach||‘IT Health Check’ performed by a Tigerscheme qualified provider or a CREST-approved service provider|
|Protecting data at rest||Physical access control, complying with another standard|
|Data sanitisation process||Yes|
|Data sanitisation type||Explicit overwriting of storage before reallocation|
|Equipment disposal approach||Complying with a recognised standard, for example CSA CCM v.30, CAS (Sanitisation) or ISO/IEC 27001|
Data importing and exporting
|Data export approach||
Customers can export their data in various formats on their own, depending on the use case: CSV, Excel, PPTX, Word, PDF
Any information in HYPE can be exported
|Data export formats||
|Other data export formats||
|Data import formats||
|Other data import formats||EXCEL|
|Data protection between buyer and supplier networks||
|Data protection within supplier network||
Availability and resilience
SLA summary for hosting subcontractor
• Support & Maintenance time: 24/7
(for low level issues and monitoring)
• ISO 27001 certified
• Availability of servers: 99,9%
(per year, subject to exclusions
SLA summary for all packages
• Support & Maintenance time: Mo – Fr, 6:00 – 23:00 CET
Hotline: +49 228 2276 333, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Availability of software: 99%
(per year, subject to exclusions)
• Standard maintenance window: 2 hours per month
DE server third Thursday each month 8 pm CET
UK server third Friday each month 11 pm CET
• Emergency updates outside maintenance window are announced
• Max. response time: 2 hours during business hours
(for critical errors, via emergency hotline)
• Max. resolution time: 2 working days
(for Priority A, 5 working days for Priority B, 6 weeks for Priority C+D)
|Approach to resilience||Available on request!|
|Outage reporting||Email alerts triggered via Nagios|
Identity and authentication
|User authentication needed||Yes|
|Other user authentication||SAML2.0 SSO|
|Access restrictions in management interfaces and support channels||
HYPE uses a powerful engine to manage access rights on an individual user level. HYPE distinguished between user-rights that emerge dynamically out of the process (e.g. being picked as an evaluator for an idea, campaign manager…) and user-rights that are fixed due to a certain user role (admin, innovation manager).
Users are only allowed to access, read or perform actions according to their role and access rights. W/o account and login credentials, you cannot access the system which is also being checked via regular PENtests.
|Access restriction testing frequency||At least every 6 months|
|Management access authentication||
Audit information for users
|Access to user activity audit information||You control when users can access audit information|
|How long user audit data is stored for||User-defined|
|Access to supplier activity audit information||Users contact the support team to get audit information|
|How long supplier audit data is stored for||At least 12 months|
|How long system logs are stored for||At least 12 months|
Standards and certifications
|ISO/IEC 27001 certification||Yes|
|Who accredited the ISO/IEC 27001||Certified Quality Systems|
|ISO/IEC 27001 accreditation date||3/11/2015|
|What the ISO/IEC 27001 doesn’t cover||Processes outside of hosting service|
|ISO 28000:2007 certification||No|
|CSA STAR certification||No|
|Other security certifications||No|
|Named board-level person responsible for service security||Yes|
|Security governance certified||No|
|Security governance approach||HYPE already applies all relevant ISO 27001 policies: ISO 27001 certification process is currently ongoing by an independent 3rd party authority|
|Information security policies and processes||
HYPE applies the internal IT security Guidelines; can be shared on request;
HYPE 's innovation management/idea management platform is GDPR-compliant; all HYPE employees receive pereptual training how to handle customer and personal data; Technical and operational meassures are in place according to ISO27001 certification
|Configuration and change management standard||Supplier-defined controls|
|Configuration and change management approach||
HYPE issues monthly releases with careful QA-assurance; for each release cycle there will be a deadline when all current developments will be stopped; after this feature freeze, HYPE QA and IT will check the release for bugs and track all issues in the internal JIRA system; only once the release has passed all QA-checks, the release will be made available for productive use;
In addition, each HYPE customer will get access to an individual test system; all changes will first be deployed on the test system. No change will be made to a productice systems w/o approval and testing
|Vulnerability management type||Supplier-defined controls|
|Vulnerability management approach||
Monthly minor release; Quaterly major release
Operating systems are patched monthly, usually 10 days after realease.
All servers use anti virus and malware protection
HYPE runs (at least) monthly vulnerability tests
|Protective monitoring type||Supplier-defined controls|
|Protective monitoring approach||Systems are monitored by Nagios. This includes availability and log-file checks|
|Incident management type||Supplier-defined controls|
|Incident management approach||
- Yes, HYPE Security incidents response plan in place
- Users report via email@example.com or ticketing tool
- No incidents ever occured; In case of an incident, HYPE would inform customer without undue delay
|Approach to secure software development best practice||Conforms to a recognised standard, but self-assessed|
Public sector networks
|Connection to public sector networks||No|
|Price||£0.6 to £150 per user per year|
|Discount for educational organisations||Yes|
|Free trial available||Yes|
|Description of free trial||One month free Trial of our "ight" version HYPE GO - Setup and Registration takes 2-minutes|
|Link to free trial||Www.hypego.net|