Internet of things (IoT) has a large application in government across wide areas ranging from health, housing, education, welfare, infrastructure to security. A strategic approach to address government needs through innovative ideas, would lead to compelling minimum viable products that can drive measurable benefits.
- Use case catalogue for IoT in local and central government
- Start up and partner demonstrations
- Scarce talent injection
- Additional use case generation from internal innovation
- Tools to select, prioritise and align opportunities to strategic plans
- Cloud platform for IoT catalogue, data-stream, security and scale testing
- Minimum viable product (MVP) creation
- Outline business case definition to support rollout decision
- Stakeholder engagement and management to communicate case for change
- 1 ‘Masterclass Overview’ training session to upskill employees
- Understanding IoT viability for central or local government
- Understanding the intellectual property or monetisation of your data
- Tangible MVP for use and evaluation
- Achieve the UK Industrial Strategy and UK Digital Strategy goals
- Staff up-skilling
£900 to £2150 per person
- Education pricing available
|How the planning service works||
Understand the implications of IoT and cloud disruption and opportunities for central and local government organisations.
Prioritise opportunity areas and create cloud and MVP demonstrations to show value and viability.
Create forward road-map for implementation.
|Planning service works with specific services||No|
|Training service provided||Yes|
|How the training service works||Staff up-skilling as part of the project and service delivery and holding of 1 'Masterclass' session.|
|Training is tied to specific services||No|
Setup and migration
|Setup or migration service available||Yes|
|How the setup or migration service works||Create MVP to test migration and transition approach and risks.|
|Setup or migration service is for specific cloud services||No|
Quality assurance and performance testing
|Quality assurance and performance testing service||Yes|
|How the quality assurance and performance testing works||Assurance and performance testing as part of the agile MVP delivery.|
|Security services type||
|Ongoing support service||No|
|Service constraints||Availability of relevant buyer staff, stakeholders and data in a timely manner for agreed scope, deliverable and schedule project.|
|Email or online ticketing support||Email or online ticketing|
|Support response times||Acknowledge service request within 24 hours.|
|User can manage status and priority of support tickets||No|
|Phone support availability||9 to 5 (UK time), Monday to Friday|
|Web chat support||No|
Response within 24 hours. Resolution based on severity from 24 hours to 3 days to 7 days to 14 days to fix on next version of deliverable or advisory interaction.
Rectifications due to agreed failure to deliver to deliverable specification is included in costs. Changes to deliverable specification will be additional cost.
Technical account manager provided.
|Supplier type||Not a reseller|
|Staff security clearance||Other security clearance|
|Government security clearance||Up to Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS)|
|Price||£900 to £2150 per person|
|Discount for educational organisations||Yes|
|Pricing document||View uploaded document|
|Skills Framework for the Information Age rate card||View uploaded document|
|Service definition document||View uploaded document|
|Terms and conditions document||View uploaded document|