Our Architecture Modelling service provides buyers with the capability to link key data and visualise their architecture as it evolves over time. Put simply, it provides the data model for the enterprise that enables stakeholders to visualise and understand how services are provided to and used by their consumers.
- Enables consistent baseline architecture discovery and modelling across the organisation
- Provides coherent and consistent view of architecture target for communication.
- Leverages best practice (TOGAF, ArchiMate) to accelerate customer capability development.
- Creates ‘joined-up’ dataset views without significant changes to current procedures.
- Models all architecture domains, including ITIL/COBIT based process maps.
- Provides a unifying modelling language to consistently communicate architectural collateral.
- Improves knowledge sharing by capturing architecture consistently.
- Quickly establishes an architecture modelling capability.
- Identifies gaps and areas that may require further investigation.
- Highlights dependencies between systems and entities across the enterprise.
- Delivers reports, dashboards and websites to help stakeholders better understand.
- Helps to support and underpin an operational Enterprise Architecture capability.
- Provides facts to support transformation strategies, roadmaps for IT provision
- Enables technical architecture and service architecture to be coalesced.
£550 per user per day
|How the planning service works||
Our modelling approach helps buyers to understand their service requirements holistically; developing viewpoints that address key stakeholder concerns from strategic alignment through to journey mapping and delivery execution, at conceptual and detailed levels. The approach enables planners to consider and visualise the wider enterprise implication using 'what-if' and 'scenario based' planning modelling techniques.
in the context of an overall strategy and business case; how service boundaries should be defined to prevent duplication and overlap, how to manage the commercial landscape to limit and control inter-service integration points.
|Planning service works with specific services||No|
|Training service provided||Yes|
|How the training service works||Our approach applies a consistent method for cloud architecture modelling; which we teach as part of service delivery. We leverage industry standard methods, across all of our services to ensure consistent knowledge transfer to the buyer. This service is also complimented by our formal training services that are also available on the catalogue|
|Training is tied to specific services||No|
Setup and migration
|Setup or migration service available||Yes|
|How the setup or migration service works||Modelling cloud services enables different migration scenarios to be tested and understood; for example, from a commercial, risk, design, function, usability perspective. Developing an overarching model that encompasses the services being developed and migrated across numerous initiatives means that previously missed dependencies and constraints can be identified and mitigated earlier in the delivery lifecycle.|
|Setup or migration service is for specific cloud services||No|
Quality assurance and performance testing
|Quality assurance and performance testing service||No|
|Ongoing support service||No|
|Email or online ticketing support||No|
|Web chat support||No|
|Supplier type||Not a reseller|
|Staff security clearance||Other security clearance|
|Government security clearance||Up to Security Clearance (SC)|
|Price||£550 per user per day|
|Discount for educational organisations||No|
|Pricing document||View uploaded document|
|Skills Framework for the Information Age rate card||View uploaded document|
|Service definition document||View uploaded document|
|Terms and conditions document||View uploaded document|