Big Blue Door will empower your team to take full control of your site so that they do not have to rely on external agencies to support its evolution. Through a mixture of workshops and meetings, we will train them on everything from basic CMS use to complex workflow manipulation.
- Cyber Essentials certified
- Tailored and targeted Drupal training programmes
- Courses supported by comprehensive documentation and screencasts
- On-site and off-site options available
- Training conducted by our specialist team
- Bespoke Drupal training programmes pitched at team experience level
- Fully flexible based on your needs; duration, location and focus
- Personalised training documentation and specific instructional screencasts provided
- Internal capacity increased after training
- Enables you to take complete ownership of your system
- Provides basis for cycle of continuous platform improvement
- Public sector specialists with over a decade of experience
£550 to £750 per person per day
- Education pricing available
Big Blue Door Ltd
0203 773 6040
|How the planning service works||
Our team can discuss your exact requirements and help you plan out technical implementation approaches, including supporting the development of technical diagrams and discussions with hosting partners as needed.
As part of any planning service we can support a full business analysis of your technology stack requirements as well as solution designs and discussions with potential suppliers.
|Planning service works with specific services||No|
|Training service provided||Yes|
|How the training service works||
In the run-up to the launch of the new site, and throughout its life cycle as required, we would train your team on how to use the new system effectively. We would agree the exact approach with you directly, but we would typically:
1) Put on classroom-style training sessions (which can be facilitated by skype if face to face contact is not viable) - tailoring each session to the group level, from advanced users who will update the site on a constant basis to those with little to no knowledge of web editing who may only use the CMS once or twice a month;
2) Provide easy to follow, but in-depth step-by-step CMS guides - these written guides are ‘How Tos’ and include screenshots of the system and instructions on how to make updates.
3) Put together accessible screencasts - narrated videos of our team using the service to achieve tasks explained in the sessions and guides.
BBD is committed to empowering clients to take control of their systems and their integration into wider business operations.
|Training is tied to specific services||No|
Setup and migration
|Setup or migration service available||Yes|
|How the setup or migration service works||As part of any service we are able, as needed, to support clients in migrating to the cloud. This can involve undertaking these tasks independently or supporting in-house teams as needed.|
|Setup or migration service is for specific cloud services||No|
Quality assurance and performance testing
|Quality assurance and performance testing service||Yes|
|How the quality assurance and performance testing works||
The quality of our products is ensured by the approach we take to managing our projects. Not only do our clients have the opportunity to check that they are happy with what they have commissioned as it develops, and to give feedback throughout the delivery process, but they are also given a period of time before launch to test the product and point out to us any functional issues. We will fix these issues before launch and provide a 30 day warranty so that, if anything were to go wrong in the month after the site has gone live, we would attend to it at no extra cost.
Technically, our code is developed to agreed coding standards, and we pay particular attention to formatting and naming conventions. On completion of a project, code is run through the Coder Review module - part of http://dgo.to/coder. This analyses code and gives a line-by-line breakdown of where it doesn’t match coding standards, enabling us to make the necessary improvements before any developments are launched.
|Security services type||
|Certified security testers||No|
|Ongoing support service||Yes|
|Types of service supported||
|How the support service works||Big Blue Door can install, configure and manage hosting solutions for clients as part of an ongoing support and maintenance package. This support package can be tailored to your exact project requirements.|
|Email or online ticketing support||Email or online ticketing|
|Support response times||Questions are responded to based on our SLA, with the majority of questions replied to within one hour.|
|User can manage status and priority of support tickets||Yes|
|Online ticketing support accessibility||WCAG 2.0 AA or EN 301 549|
|Phone support availability||9 to 5 (UK time), Monday to Friday|
|Web chat support||Web chat|
|Web chat support availability||9 to 5 (UK time), Monday to Friday|
|Web chat support accessibility standard||WCAG 2.0 AA or EN 301 549 9: Web|
|Web chat accessibility testing||All of our services are tested using screen readers.|
Our service desk operates in-office-hours support only (08:30 to 17:30) Monday – Friday (excluding Bank and Public holidays), although we undertake basic monitoring of both email and voicemail outside of these times. Where an incident is reported at the end of a working day, we will attempt to remedy the situation according to the severity of the incident. Where this requires out-of-hours work, we will not undertake any activity without explicit client approval of any additional charges, otherwise, the incident will be resolved during the next working day (as required).
The client is requested to provide out-of-office escalation contacts in case of emergencies.
Support requests are split into the following categories: critical, severe, minor with associated response times for each category. Each account is supported by a project director and project manager.
|Supplier type||Not a reseller|
|Staff security clearance||Conforms to BS7858:2012|
|Government security clearance||Up to Developed Vetting (DV)|
|Price||£550 to £750 per person per day|
|Discount for educational organisations||Yes|
|Pricing document||View uploaded document|
|Skills Framework for the Information Age rate card||View uploaded document|
|Service definition document||View uploaded document|
|Terms and conditions document||View uploaded document|