Crises Control is SaaS emergency mass notification platform combined with a business continuity and incident management platform. It automates the distribution and management of messages to relevant stakeholders through multiple communication channels (voice,email, SMS,Push,desktop,etc).
Use cases include emergency events, disruption notifications, IT alerting, Incident alerting and public and personal safety.
- Multi-channel communication to your PC, Laptop, tablet and mobile
- In App, global, telephone conference call bridge function
- Automatic distribution of Incident Action Plans to stakeholders
- Dynamic task manager to assign and track progress of tasks
- Incident Control Centre for incident professional mangers/controllers
- Emergency SOS panic button and real time tracking geo-tracking
- Real time dynamic management reports, performance and audit data
- Incident Action Plans, supporting media assets QA repository
- Comprehensive Integration options, AD, APIs, Triggers, and bespoke.
- 24 / 7 help desk support 365 days a year
- Instant worldwide notification on any device. Free App
- Receive incident alerts with supporting Action Plans and media assets
- Track and trace your team on geo maps in emergencies
- Identify gaps in your organisation’s responsiveness - real data
- Plan, engage, train and develop your response teams continuously
- 96% improvement in response time and 20% in recovery time
- 99.99% available, gov-secure and scalable
- GDPR compliant, secure hosting, data encryption at rest and transit
- Control Center widgets provide clear visibility of incident progress
- One system to create, store, distribute and manage plans+assets
£1.60 per user per month
crises control ltd
Shalen Sehgal - Managing Director
+44 (0)20-8584 1356
|Software add-on or extension||No|
|Cloud deployment model||Community cloud|
|Email or online ticketing support||Email or online ticketing|
|Support response times||
1 A fault exists that results in a total loss of service or functionality affecting a whole site (sites), or whole system or services
15 minutes to respond
4 working hours to resolve
2 A fault exists which results in partial loss of service or functionality affecting multiple users
1 working hour to respond
8 working hours to resolve
3 A fault exists which results in loss of service or functionality for a single user
1 working hour to respond
24 working hours to resolve
|User can manage status and priority of support tickets||Yes|
|Online ticketing support accessibility||None or don’t know|
|Phone support availability||24 hours, 7 days a week|
|Web chat support||No|
|Onsite support||Yes, at extra cost|
Our online/telephone premium support service is available to all G-cloud customers and is included within the price of the subscription package.
Onsite support is available, charged at a daily rate of £850 plus travel costs.
Premium support does include a named customer account manager.
|Support available to third parties||Yes|
Onboarding and offboarding
|Getting started||All users are provided FOC with a training manual and video tutorials. G-cloud customers are also provided with an onsite or online training package for administrators and keyholders.|
|End-of-contract data extraction||Data is held for 12 months after a contract has ended and is then destroyed.|
|End-of-contract process||There is no cost for closing down the contract or offboarding, providing the appropriate notice is given.|
Using the service
|Web browser interface||Yes|
|Application to install||Yes|
|Compatible operating systems||
|Designed for use on mobile devices||Yes|
|Differences between the mobile and desktop service||The service has very much been designed to work on mobile.However, the administration function, the task manager module and the perfomance reporting module all work within the browser only. Even the browser is fully optimised to work on mobile devices.|
|Accessibility standards||None or don’t know|
|Description of accessibility||No details available|
|What users can and can't do using the API||Administrators can use our API to onboard/offboard users to/from the platform.|
|API sandbox or test environment||Yes|
|Independence of resources||
• Multiple secure UK data centres separated by more than 100km and connected by high-bandwidth, low-latency dedicated connectivity
• Platform hosting workloads exclusively for the UK public sector, creating a known and trusted community of neighbours
Our demand management approach is as follows:
We have well-defined services including a comprehensive service catalogue covering infrastructure, functionality, service levels, and unit costs.
Accurate cost allocation allows us to clearly identify consumption to manage and improve demand.
We use supply-and-demand metrics for the service catalogue and offer practical business rules for when additional internal services are required.
|Service usage metrics||Yes|
|Metrics types||Metrics provided on data and telecomms usage, and also on Incidents launched, Pings sent and user responses|
|Supplier type||Reseller providing extra support|
|Organisation whose services are being resold||Crises Control Limited|
|Staff security clearance||Other security clearance|
|Government security clearance||Up to Security Clearance (SC)|
|Knowledge of data storage and processing locations||Yes|
|Data storage and processing locations||United Kingdom|
|User control over data storage and processing locations||No|
|Datacentre security standards||Complies with a recognised standard (for example CSA CCM version 3.0)|
|Penetration testing frequency||At least every 6 months|
|Penetration testing approach||‘IT Health Check’ performed by a CHECK service provider|
|Protecting data at rest||Physical access control, complying with CSA CCM v3.0|
|Data sanitisation process||Yes|
|Data sanitisation type||
|Equipment disposal approach||Complying with a recognised standard, for example CSA CCM v.30, CAS (Sanitisation) or ISO/IEC 27001|
Data importing and exporting
|Data export approach||We offer a range of options for data export, to suit the customer needs.|
|Data export formats||
|Other data export formats||
|Data import formats||
|Other data import formats||Excel|
|Data protection between buyer and supplier networks||
|Data protection within supplier network||IPsec or TLS VPN gateway|
Availability and resilience
|Guaranteed availability||Service Availability targets are the planned percentage of time for which the Service is in operation, excluding any planned maintenance downtime. Transputec’s Service hosting platform is assured by Service Credits at 99.9% Availability.|
|Approach to resilience||Our service is deployed across a number of sites, regions and zones. Each zone is designed to eliminate single points of failure (such as power, network and hardware). Customers are encouraged to ensure their solution spans multiple sites, regions or zones to ensure service continuity should a failure occur.|
|Outage reporting||All outages will be reported via email alerts. Outages are identified as Planned maintenance, Emergency maintenance, and platform issues. In addition, the designated customer account manager will proactively contact customers as appropriate.|
Identity and authentication
|User authentication needed||Yes|
|Access restrictions in management interfaces and support channels||There are three levels of users, each with access rights restricted to their operational/security role. Only administrators can access the entire platform and management interfaces.|
|Access restriction testing frequency||At least every 6 months|
|Management access authentication||
Audit information for users
|Access to user activity audit information||Users have access to real-time audit information|
|How long user audit data is stored for||At least 12 months|
|Access to supplier activity audit information||Users contact the support team to get audit information|
|How long supplier audit data is stored for||At least 12 months|
|How long system logs are stored for||At least 12 months|
Standards and certifications
|ISO/IEC 27001 certification||Yes|
|Who accredited the ISO/IEC 27001||LRQA|
|ISO/IEC 27001 accreditation date||17/05/18|
|What the ISO/IEC 27001 doesn’t cover||Every part of our service is covered by the certification.|
|ISO 28000:2007 certification||No|
|CSA STAR certification||No|
|Other security certifications||No|
|Named board-level person responsible for service security||Yes|
|Security governance certified||Yes|
|Security governance standards||ISO/IEC 27001|
|Information security policies and processes||
Transputec, as a data controller and data processor is fully compliant with the provisions of UK law on data security, which are set out in the Data Protection Act 1998. We will also be compliant with the EU General Data Protection Regulation, when it comes into force in May 2018.
Transputec has in place technical and organisational measures in relation to the processing of protected data to ensure that it meets the requirements of the DPA and protects the rights of data subjects. It also ensures a level of security in respect of protected data processed by it so as to prevent accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration or unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed.
Transputec has achieved full accreditation of the ISO 27001 standard from LRQA (Lloyds Register).
|Configuration and change management standard||Supplier-defined controls|
|Configuration and change management approach||If additional functionality or other changes are required, Transputec will investigate and where necessary submit a Change Request (CR) to the Crises Control Board for approval. The CR will include details of any configuration management impact or security implications. It will also, where necessary, include an analysis of the proposed changes to ensure that time, cost and quality objectives remain intact to ensure that the components of the service are tracked. Once the Board approves or denies the Change Request the appropriate documentation will be updated and/or action authorised.|
|Vulnerability management type||Supplier-defined controls|
|Vulnerability management approach||
1. Our vulnerability management process has five phases:
- Vulnerability scan
- Define remediating actions
- Implement remediating actions
a) The Security Officer designed and enforces the vulnerability management process.
b) The Vulnerability Engineer schedules the various vulnerability scans.
c) The Asset Owner decides whether the identified vulnerabilities are mitigated or are accepted.
d) IT System Engineers implement any remediating actions as a result of detected vulnerabilities.
2. We can deploy patches on the same day.
3. We use annual penetration test, ISO audits and ThreatSpike dynamic continual scans and similar tools to identify threats.
|Protective monitoring type||Supplier-defined controls|
|Protective monitoring approach||
1. We use ThreatSpike to dynamically collect, record and continuously analyses our network traffic in order to detect harmful activity. ThreatSpike learns about our network and acts like a detective, continuously linking together information and key events in order to build a detailed narrative and timeline of security incidents as they occur.
When an incident occurs, the output is a clear, precise report on what the issue is and how to address it.
2. We activate our Vulnerability Management process when a potential compromise is detected.
3. We respond within hours of an incident being detected.
|Incident management type||Supplier-defined controls|
|Incident management approach||
1. Our incident management processes are fully ITIL compliant . We use the ITIL certified Richmond incident management software to log, record, track, report and communicate about incidents to the point of resolution. We also have a Wiki of pre-defined processes for common events.
2. Users can report incidents by phone, email or in person. Every call is logged and tracked in Richmond.
3.We generate incident reports from Richmond which go through a quality management process before release. These are reviewed for lessons learned by the services management team.
|Approach to secure software development best practice||Independent review of processes (for example CESG CPA Build Standard, ISO/IEC 27034, ISO/IEC 27001 or CSA CCM v3.0)|
Public sector networks
|Connection to public sector networks||Yes|
|Price||£1.60 per user per month|
|Discount for educational organisations||No|
|Free trial available||Yes|
|Description of free trial||A free 30 day trial option is available on our commercial platform with credit card details. This option is not hosted on our government community cloud platform, so may not be considered suitable for offical sensitive data. It does provide for a live assessment of the functionality of the service.|
|Link to free trial||https://portal.crises-control.com/registercompany|
|Pricing document||View uploaded document|
|Service definition document||View uploaded document|
|Terms and conditions document||View uploaded document|