Migration and transition services
Our migration and transitioning service offers a tailored, bespoke solution to the planning, assessment, delivery and testing of legacy and incumbent IT systems to the cloud. Services cover in-sourcing, data analysis, data transformation, data quality checks, risk assessment, tooling choice, reproducible migrations, re-platforming, platform evaluation, digital transformation and support.
- Transition and/or migration of legacy applications
- Platform evaluation and suitability appraisal
- Data quality, security and privacy assessment
- Data migration and transformation from lagacy systems
- Migration and transition planning with dependancies
- Risk management and mitigation
- Hosting and support
- Roadmaps and future proofing
- Insourcing from incumbant suppliers to remove vendor dependancy
- Alignment with GDS and technology code of practice
- Understanding of scope and timescales of delivery
- Reduces cost and vendor dependancy
- Aligns to agile practices of continious improvement and delivery
- Reduces risk and exposure to unknown costs
- Provides confidence that the right solution is used
- Gives assurance that the right product and platforms are used
- Reduces staff overhead for support and maintenance tasks
- Allows for smoother future transitions
£350 to £1500 per person per day
- Education pricing available
5 3 4 6 2 9 9 4 0 3 2 0 6 5 1
Buzz and Beyond Limited
|How the planning service works||
We use a collaborative approach to planning, working with the customer to understand the stakeholder landscape, technical architecture, service asperations and future roadmap. We use proven methods to provide a tailored planning service covering all aspects of transition and migration, including:
* Agreement of scope and customer expectations
* Providing the as-is and to-be
* Documenting resource and technology constraints
* Understanding the Enterprise architecture and roadmaps
* Communicating with Stakeholders
* Understanding the vendor and incumbent situation
* Assessing impact of staff knowledge and skill levels
* Impact of license models
* Feasibility and timeline plans
* Understanding of support and maintenance options including ITIL
* Design and technical authority processes
* Options for catering for change and implanting continuous improvement
We use agile methodologies to be as flexible and responsive to customer demands, whilst providing the right level of governance and assurance.
|Planning service works with specific services||No|
|Training service provided||No|
Setup and migration
|Setup or migration service available||Yes|
|How the setup or migration service works||
We build on our collaborative approach to offer a tailored and bespoke set up and migration service. We will assess and recommend an approach to migration that has minimal impact and minimal risk.
Our setup offering builds on principles established through agile, reproducible, deployment pipelines ensuring setup and environment processes are automated and tested at each stage whilst providing visibility and audit to the customer.
Our migration service will, where possible adopt SaaS over PaaS over IaaS to minimise the cost and maintenance overhead of running cloud services. Application migration will be assessed for compatibility and licensing implications. Data migration will look at data transformation, data quality and privacy impacts to reduce risk of migration and disclosure.
All setup and migration services are provided with security and privacy in mind.
|Setup or migration service is for specific cloud services||No|
Quality assurance and performance testing
|Quality assurance and performance testing service||Yes|
|How the quality assurance and performance testing works||
Quality assurance is at the forefront of our migration and transition services. We will design and implement a complete Quality Management System (QMS) that is appropriate to the project. The QMS will define the quality objectives and business processes that the service will be measured against, ensuring transparency and success. The QMS is evaluated on a regular basis with the customer allowing for feedback and changes in approach. This process produces reliable and measurable results.
Performance testing is planned into the migration and transition processes from the start. Non-functional requirements (NFRs) wil be developed covering all aspects of the service, from process ownership, process modelling to developing volumetric models and automated performance test scripts than can be scaled to suit needs.
|Ongoing support service||No|
|Service constraints||There are no specific constraints to the service.|
|Email or online ticketing support||No|
|Web chat support||No|
|Support levels||The transition and migration services will provide dedicated support from the project team, led by an appropriate level of resource who is accountable for the delivery of the service. This level of support is an integral part of the service, and will be provided throughout the duration of the project and for a period of time after the project is live. Additional support can be arranged following agreement with the customer.|
|Supplier type||Not a reseller|
|Staff security clearance||Staff screening not performed|
|Government security clearance||Up to Developed Vetting (DV)|
|Price||£350 to £1500 per person per day|
|Discount for educational organisations||Yes|