Medic Bleep - Medical Messenger
Medic Bleep is for secure clinical communication. An ISO 27001 accredited IG compliant tool, enabling healthcare teams to communicate and collaborate within and across organisations. A perfect replacement for pagers and unsecured tools like WhatsApp. Benefits realised from using Medic Bleep have been independently peer-reviewed and published: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2055207619831812.
- Secured, encrypted text and audio messaging with instant delivery confirmation.
- Send images and common file types quickly and securely.
- Initiate Audio calls from a message thread or user profile.
- Group messaging - generic as well as patient specific
- Global Organisation Directory showing roles, Availability status, On-call status
- Notifications: secure alerts and unique sound for messages and calls.
- Audit trail: Export conversations into pdf.
- Multi platform support on any smartphone, tablets or desktop.
- Photo Protection: can't be copied for saved in mobile libraries.
- Broadcast message & Disaster management
- Sending time-critical information securely, efficiently and accountably.
- Seeing when a message has been delivered and read.
- Reduction in workflow disruption, waiting by phones, waiting for switchboard.
- Audit trail for improved documented information for patient cases.
- Easily finding and contacting colleagues on duty through Trust Directory.
- Reduced medical errors through clear written instructions and clarifications.
- More efficient communication improves service for patients with earlier escalation.
- Better use of workforce can reduce overtime and locum costs
- Safer use of systems that do comply with information governance.
- Switchboard staff are not needed to chase communication
£2.50 to £12.00 per user per month
- Education pricing available
5 1 9 1 4 7 7 4 4 3 7 3 8 2 5
Medic Creations Limited
|Software add-on or extension||No|
|Cloud deployment model||Private cloud|
|Service constraints||The Medic Bleep application requires good wifi connection or 3G+ cellular network.|
|Email or online ticketing support||Yes, at extra cost|
|Support response times||Our normal support hours are UK business hours. However, we can also provide 24 X 7 support if an organisation needs that. Cost for the later one is obviously higher than the normal support.|
|User can manage status and priority of support tickets||No|
|Phone support availability||24 hours, 7 days a week|
|Web chat support||No|
|Onsite support||Yes, at extra cost|
1. Business hours support (9am-5pm): Cost @ £0.50 per user per month.
2. 24 hours support (all day, every day): Cost @ £0.80 per user per
3. On-site support:
Engagement Director: £900 / day.
Engagement Lead: £500 / day.
Technical Lead: £500 / day.
Consultant: £350 / day.
Plus reasonable travel and accommodation expenses.
Consultant’s working day: 8 hours exclusive of travel and lunch.
Working week: Monday to Friday excluding national holidays.
Office hours: 09:00 – 17:00 Monday to Friday.
|Support available to third parties||No|
Onboarding and offboarding
We propose a deployment plan to our customers which include following:
1.Discuss / Sign-off
- Project Initiation Document
2. Availability of required resources
3. Communication Model.
4. Project Plan
5. Training Plan
- Training documentation and user manual supplied.
Deployment is done by our team onsite in close co-ordination with the client.
|End-of-contract data extraction||We will extract data from our servers and provide it to user in whatever format they want. Simultaneously, we will delete any copy of user data from our database.|
|End-of-contract process||Cost of providing data dump in a suitable format at the end of the contract is included in the cost. However, migration of data is not included in the cost but can be done at extra cost.|
Using the service
|Web browser interface||Yes|
|Application to install||Yes|
|Compatible operating systems||
|Designed for use on mobile devices||Yes|
|Differences between the mobile and desktop service||The application works exactly in same way both on mobile as well as desktop. There are differences in UI basis screen resolution.|
|Independence of resources||
- We do resilience testing of our technologies by simulating excess concurrent users on our systems
- Ensure application stability beyond expected maximum number of users at any one given time.
|Service usage metrics||Yes|
1. User numbers
2. Number of messages
3. Number of VoIP calls
4. Length of VoIP calls
5. Number of images and attachments shared
6. Number of clinicians currently on-call
7. Number of patient groups
8. Busiest clinicians
9. Most resource intensive Patients
10. Number of broadcast messages
11. Time saved
12. Length of stay reduction
13. Qualitative assessment and NPS from users
14. Users who are struggling to get to grips with the technology and change in process
|Supplier type||Not a reseller|
|Staff security clearance||Staff screening not performed|
|Government security clearance||Up to Security Clearance (SC)|
|Knowledge of data storage and processing locations||Yes|
|Data storage and processing locations||United Kingdom|
|User control over data storage and processing locations||No|
|Datacentre security standards||Supplier-defined controls|
|Penetration testing frequency||At least once a year|
|Penetration testing approach||Another external penetration testing organisation|
|Protecting data at rest||
|Data sanitisation process||Yes|
|Data sanitisation type||Deleted data can’t be directly accessed|
|Equipment disposal approach||Complying with a recognised standard, for example CSA CCM v.30, CAS (Sanitisation) or ISO/IEC 27001|
Data importing and exporting
|Data export approach||Application has a feature which user can use to download chat history in pdf format. This is delivered only to user's authorised email id and has to be on our pre-approved domain.|
|Data export formats||Other|
|Other data export formats|
|Data import formats||Other|
|Other data import formats||
|Data protection between buyer and supplier networks||TLS (version 1.2 or above)|
|Data protection within supplier network||TLS (version 1.2 or above)|
Availability and resilience
|Guaranteed availability||We guarantee 98.5% uptime on our services delivered to Customers Specific guarantees with SLA information are listed in the Table below. We add additional time to service if it goes below agreed SLA.|
|Approach to resilience||This can be made available on request.|
1. In-app alerts
2. Email alerts
Identity and authentication
|User authentication needed||Yes|
|Access restrictions in management interfaces and support channels||
There are different access levels based on the user roles.
1.Super Admin(Read, Write) - can view/edit and modify the data.
2. Sub Admin(Read Only) - can view the data within their trust only.
3. App User(Private) - Can view only his/her own data and update the profile details.
|Access restriction testing frequency||At least every 6 months|
|Management access authentication||
Audit information for users
|Access to user activity audit information||Users have access to real-time audit information|
|How long user audit data is stored for||At least 12 months|
|Access to supplier activity audit information||Users have access to real-time audit information|
|How long supplier audit data is stored for||At least 12 months|
|How long system logs are stored for||At least 12 months|
Standards and certifications
|ISO/IEC 27001 certification||Yes|
|Who accredited the ISO/IEC 27001||Otabu Certification Limited|
|ISO/IEC 27001 accreditation date||19/04/2017|
|What the ISO/IEC 27001 doesn’t cover||We are certified ISO 27001 : 2013 for the following scope of activities: "Provide mobile and web application platform for healthcare professionals and patients". It covers our entire ISMS (Information Security Management System).|
|ISO 28000:2007 certification||No|
|CSA STAR certification||No|
|Other security certifications||Yes|
|Any other security certifications||IG (Information Governance) clearance from National body of England|
|Named board-level person responsible for service security||Yes|
|Security governance certified||Yes|
|Security governance standards||ISO/IEC 27001|
|Information security policies and processes||
Information Security Policy
Medic Creations is committed to meet the Information Security requirements of its consumers, employees and business partners through effective implementation and continual improvement of its Information Security Management System (ISMS) by ensuring the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of its information assets and Information Technology infrastructure. Medic Creation is also committed to comply with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
Our ISMS is in accordance with ISO 27001-2013 and is certified by competent authority.
The Security Objectives for the platform are identified and consists of the following:
I. The information is protected against unauthorized access.
II. The confidentiality of information is assured.
III. The integrity of information is maintained.
IV. The information is available at the time and place it is required.
V. The information is accessible to the employees on “need to know” and “need to do basis”.
VI. The applicable laws and contractual arrangements are identified and complied with at all times.
VII. Business continuity with minimum impact from security incidents, if any.
|Configuration and change management standard||Conforms to a recognised standard, for example CSA CCM v3.0 or SSAE-16 / ISAE 3402|
|Configuration and change management approach||
The purpose of this Process is to ensure that standardized methods and procedures are used for efficient and prompt handling of changes – these are defined as new installations, modifications or deletions that alter the production infrastructure and operations environment.
Operational Change control involves following activities:
• Raise Service(new) Request
• Raise Change Request
• Impact analysis
• Plan and authorize
• Implement, test and close
ISO 27001:2013 Reference: Clause 8.1, A.12.1.2, A.14.2.2, A.14.2.3, A.14.2.4, A.14.2.9
|Vulnerability management type||Conforms to a recognised standard, for example CSA CCM v3.0 or SSAE-16 / ISAE 3402|
|Vulnerability management approach||
There is a process for VAPT. We get our apps VAPT done on regular basis. The scope includes Error Handling, Testing for weak Cryptography, network and system penetration, Server security hardening, authentication and authorisation testing, session management, data storage and information disclosure review, OWASP.
Patch management - its done immediately after the VAPT.
|Protective monitoring type||Conforms to a recognised standard, for example CSA CCM v3.0 or SSAE-16 / ISAE 3402|
|Protective monitoring approach||
Our applications are hosted on AWS servers.
AWS provides tools and features that enables us to see exactly what’s happening in our AWS environment. This includes:
1. Deep visibility into API calls through AWS CloudTrail, including who, what, who, and from where calls were made.
2. Log aggregation options, streamlining investigations and compliance reporting.
3. Alert notifications through Amazon CloudWatch when specific events occur or thresholds are exceeded
These tools and features give the visibility required to spot issues before they impact the business and allow to improve security posture, and reduce the risk profile, of our environment.
|Incident management type||Conforms to a recognised standard, for example, CSA CCM v3.0 or ISO/IEC 27035:2011 or SSAE-16 / ISAE 3402|
|Incident management approach||
Where it is suspected that a SIRI (serious incident requiring investigation) has taken place, it is informed to key staff as an ‘early warning’ to ensure that they are in a position to respond to enquiries and to avoid ‘surprises’.
- For cyber incidents the IG team will notify the person(s) responsible for Information Technology (IT)
- Where fraud is identified it will be referred to the Local Counter Fraud Specialist
- There is an incident reporting form that is used for informing any incident.
|Approach to secure software development best practice||Independent review of processes (for example CESG CPA Build Standard, ISO/IEC 27034, ISO/IEC 27001 or CSA CCM v3.0)|
Public sector networks
|Connection to public sector networks||No|
|Price||£2.50 to £12.00 per user per month|
|Discount for educational organisations||Yes|
|Free trial available||No|