Able+ Cloud is an Identity & Access Management solution built to address complex identity and access management issues. Offering a fast way to connect users, devices, apps and content, it provides SSO, user provisioning, contextual identity, app management and authentication under one single solution.
- Simple, easy to use interface
- Integrates with Microsoft Office 365 and Google Apps
- Creation of a single identity from multiple data sources
- Single sign on
- Integrates with your Management Information System
- Customisable dashboards
- Integrates with all your cloud learning tools and resources
- Permissions can be set easily and uniquely for your organisation
- Fully branded to your requirements
- Accessible on any modern browser on any device
- Supports anytime, anywhere, any device learning
- Ability to add new cloud services as required
- One login, username and password for users to access everything
- Centralised management of services
- Supports internationalisation and localisation
- 99.95% Service Uptime
- Easily track and monitor usage
- Users can be allowed to customise their own experience
£2 to £5 per user per year
- Education pricing available
New Era Education Ltd
|Software add-on or extension||No|
|Cloud deployment model||Hybrid cloud|
|Email or online ticketing support||Email or online ticketing|
|Support response times||
The support desk is open Monday - Friday, 8:30 am- 5:00pm
Our team will respond to email tickets within 1 hour or customers can call the support desk for immediate help.
|User can manage status and priority of support tickets||Yes|
|Online ticketing support accessibility||None or don’t know|
|Phone support availability||9 to 5 (UK time), Monday to Friday|
|Web chat support||No|
|Onsite support||Yes, at extra cost|
• All customers get free and unlimited help desk support (email, phone and remote training) as standard.
• On site training is available at an additional cost
• All customers are allocated a technical account manager
|Support available to third parties||Yes|
Onboarding and offboarding
New Era appoints a project team which will comprise of at least three Senior Management Executives.
Every customer is then managed by an Account Manager who has detailed experience of all New Era products and implementations.
The key stages and activities within the learning cloud project would be as follows:
Stage-1 –Project Initiation
• Agreeing the project approach and management framework including communication protocols.
• On acceptance of specifications, a project schedule for full rollout is agreed. The project definition will establish a baseline for the project and form the basis for planning the detailed approach.
Stage-3 –Implementation & Configuration
• Implementation of Able+ Cloud. This will include:
• Data migration
• User training
• Initial system administration
• Go live with initial users
Stage-4 –Quality Assurance and Testing
• Testing of the system in readiness for going live.
• New Era will provide the appropriate level of consultancy and training in partnership with the customer.
Stage-6 –Project Sign-off and Acceptance
• On completion, the deliverables are presented for review and acceptance by the Customer.
|Other documentation formats||
|End-of-contract data extraction||Dependent on an organisation's approach to identity management, minimal data is likely to be stored within the system. User data can be extracted as a CSV file. Additionally data can be manually synchronised to an external data source such as an MIS system , Office 365 or G Suite.|
Included in the contract are all subscribed services. All customers get unlimited help desk support (telephone and email) and remote training at no extra cost. If customers wish to add further services to their existing contract, there may be additional costs incurred depending on the service.
If a customer wishes to discontinue a service with us and have adhered to the termination conditions, then the service would be decommissioned and any associated data will become inaccessible directly by the customer for the duration of 12 months.
We are able to decommission services within a week to fit with a customer's timescales. The customer will be provided with assistance to remove and retain any data they require that is hosted on our systems.
12 months after a service has been decommissioned, all associated data is permanently deleted.
Using the service
|Web browser interface||Yes|
|Application to install||No|
|Designed for use on mobile devices||Yes|
|Differences between the mobile and desktop service||Able+ Cloud intelligently adapts to provide the best possible view depending on the device it is being shown on (mobile, tablet or PC).|
|Accessibility standards||WCAG 2.0 A|
|Description of customisation||
Each user has their own personal settings which they can customise with personal information. They can also upload their own avatar picture. Each user has their own 'My Apps' page which they can customise to show the apps they wish to have access to. They also have their own dashboard, which they can customise with their own widgets such as free text and embed options in a choice of colours.
Administrators can customise what apps are available to individual users and to groups of users. They can also set roles and permissions for different users and groups of users to determine what those users can do within Able+ Cloud. They can also customise policies such as recovery email and password change options.
|Independence of resources||Elastic scaling of resources based on application workload, using virtualization technology. Continuous monitoring of load to ensure optimum performance and capacity.|
|Service usage metrics||Yes|
|Metrics types||We record and log user performed actions in an audit log that is available to the the main user. We can provide further and more detailed usage statistics to the user if they contact our support desk.|
|Supplier type||Not a reseller|
|Staff security clearance||Other security clearance|
|Government security clearance||Up to Developed Vetting (DV)|
|Knowledge of data storage and processing locations||Yes|
|Data storage and processing locations||United Kingdom|
|User control over data storage and processing locations||No|
|Datacentre security standards||Complies with a recognised standard (for example CSA CCM version 3.0)|
|Penetration testing frequency||At least once a year|
|Penetration testing approach||Another external penetration testing organisation|
|Protecting data at rest||Physical access control, complying with another standard|
|Data sanitisation process||No|
|Equipment disposal approach||In-house destruction process|
Data importing and exporting
|Data export approach||User data can be extracted as a CSV file. Additionally data can be manually synchronised to an external data source such as an MIS system , Office 365 or G Suite.|
|Data export formats||
|Other data export formats||Outward synchronisation to a data source e.g. MIS or equivalent|
|Data import formats||
|Other data import formats||Inward synchronisation from a data source e.g MIS or equivalent|
|Data protection between buyer and supplier networks||
|Data protection within supplier network||
Availability and resilience
Target response times
P1 - Immediately
P2- 4 hours
P3 - 1 working day
P4 - 2 working day
|Approach to resilience||Available on Request|
|Outage reporting||Email alerts and dashboards|
Identity and authentication
|User authentication needed||Yes|
|User authentication||Username or password|
|Access restrictions in management interfaces and support channels||Internal administration accounts with tightly controlled distribution of credentials, and levels of access restricted to that required to perform the support task.|
|Access restriction testing frequency||At least every 6 months|
|Management access authentication||Username or password|
Audit information for users
|Access to user activity audit information||Users have access to real-time audit information|
|How long user audit data is stored for||At least 12 months|
|Access to supplier activity audit information||Users contact the support team to get audit information|
|How long supplier audit data is stored for||At least 12 months|
|How long system logs are stored for||At least 12 months|
Standards and certifications
|ISO/IEC 27001 certification||No|
|ISO 28000:2007 certification||No|
|CSA STAR certification||No|
|Other security certifications||No|
|Named board-level person responsible for service security||Yes|
|Security governance certified||No|
|Security governance approach||
- Quarterly reporting of security performance and breaches
- An acceptable risk level that is the basis for the company's security policies and all security activities is reviewed quarterly.
- Actively monitor and act on security breaches detected.
|Information security policies and processes||
- The Management holds business unit managers responsible for carrying out risk management activities for their specific business units.
- All business processes are documented along with the risks that are inherent at the different steps within their lifetime.
-All employees are held accountable for any security breaches they participate in, either maliciously or accidentally.
|Configuration and change management standard||Supplier-defined controls|
|Configuration and change management approach||
- All components are actively monitored for both availability and security breaches. The log collected are analysed to find patterns of potential threats.
- If a vulnerability is detected and/or identified a CR is immediately put in place to resolve it. Every change is recorded and reassessed for vulnerability impacts.
|Vulnerability management type||Supplier-defined controls|
|Vulnerability management approach||
- Potential threats to the service are assessed both during the release process and during the service lifetime with active monitoring.
- The patch to a security vulnerability is deployed as soon as the fix is available.
- We follow and monitor all the industry alerts regarding known vulnerabilities. We also use active monitoring to trace and assess vulnerabilities within our own code.
|Protective monitoring type||Supplier-defined controls|
|Protective monitoring approach||
- The service is actively monitored for both availability and potential compromises. The information collected is analysed to find patterns of potential threats.
- If a compromise is detected and/or identified a CR is immediately put in place to resolve it. Every change is recorded and reassessed for potential compromise impact.
- The incidents are managed in line with the SLA and a fix is applied as soon as is available.
|Incident management type||Supplier-defined controls|
|Incident management approach||
- All incidents are categorised by impact and urgency. After that they are managed as by process.
- By phone, email, support form
- By email on demand
|Approach to secure software development best practice||Supplier-defined process|
Public sector networks
|Connection to public sector networks||No|
|Price||£2 to £5 per user per year|
|Discount for educational organisations||Yes|
|Free trial available||No|
|Pricing document||View uploaded document|
|Terms and conditions document||View uploaded document|