IT as a Service
IT as a Service (ITaaS) provides organisations and their users with a fully managed cloud computing environment supported by a 24x7 service desk and professional services team. The platform can deliver software as a service (SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS) and infrastructure as a service (IaaS).
- Real-time reporting
- Remote access
- Superior disaster recovery
- Can be Deployed Anywhere
- Consumption based pricing
- Regional and global fail-over options
- Automatic updates
- Location Independent
- Speed of scalability
- Speed of deployment
- Collaborative - All the tools you need to collaborate.
- Communication - Simplified and Unified Communications
- Cost Effective - Saves Money
- Accessibile - Easily manage and access data.
- Efficient - Boost Employee Productivity
- Flexibile - Increases your Business Agility
- Managed - Centralised Management
- Mobility - The ability to access your data from anywhere
- Secure - Built-in enhanced data security to protect your organization.
- Supported - Fully supported 24 x 7 service desk
£250 to £1000 per server per month
- Free trial available
0808 252 4444
Windows based environments only
Sub 1,000 users per company
|Email or online ticketing support||Email or online ticketing|
|Support response times||
First response SLA of 15 minutes
Tickets are prioritised based on severity and assigned individual SLA
|User can manage status and priority of support tickets||No|
|Phone support availability||24 hours, 7 days a week|
|Web chat support||No|
|Onsite support||Onsite support|
Service Desk 24x7 - from 60p per user/per day
Service Desk - Third Line Support - from 15p per user/per day
Professional Services - On Site Engineer from £85.00 phr
Professional Services - Professional Service Consultant from £85.00 phr
Professional Services - Project Management from £70.00 phr
Professional Services - Remote Engineer from £65.00 phr
Professional Services - Technical Architect from £100.00 phr
Professional Services - Technical Service Consultant from £80.00 phr
Professional Services - Technical Service Engineer from £65.00 phr
|Support available to third parties||Yes|
Onboarding and offboarding
|Getting started||In addition to the online tutorials, our professional services teams are available to help design, implement, train and document hosted application as required.|
|End-of-contract data extraction||Upon request, we can assist the user migrate their data to a new platform via direct connection to their new service provide, or we can provide the data on a portable storage device and/or provide FTP access to the data.|
If the user manages their own data extraction process, then there is no additional charge. If the user requires assistance then we charge professional services on an hourly basis from £85.00 per hour.
Once the data has been extracted and the service is no longer required, the data is deleted.
Using the service
|Web browser interface||Yes|
|Using the web interface||
The hosted platform has a management dashboard that shows the overall health of your hosted resources including the individual services consumed, showing errors, consoles, and logs with access to tutorials and links to the hosted marketplace.
Customers can set-up and manage their own services using the web-interface but more often prefer to engage with us to set services up for them, often purchasing some professional service time.
|Web interface accessibility standard||None or don’t know|
|How the web interface is accessible||
Our hosted resources have WIndows 10 accessibility options built-in and allow windows ease of access features to help users who may have trouble using their computers normally. These include:
Narrator - For the blind or those with acute sight limitations, Narrator will read off the contents of any page, window, or application your click into piece by piece, while also reciting the specific portions of those selections out loud.
Magnifier - Magnifier is yet another Windows Ease of Access features designed to assist anyone who either has trouble reading their screen.
High Contrast - There are a number of high contrast screen themes available.
Closed Captions - For those who have difficulties making out the white text against moving backgrounds, the system can be customized to how any closed captions in your media players will appear during the playback of movies or TV shows.
Keyboard - The system offers a wide range of keyboard customization options that will help anyone with disabilities or special needs to have the PC experience they want every time they boot up and log in. The system has an on-screen keyboard available
|Web interface accessibility testing||We have run some assistive technology testing with autistic and visually impaired users.|
|Command line interface||No|
|Independence of resources||Each organisation has its own environment separate from other users.|
|Infrastructure or application metrics||Yes|
|Supplier type||Reseller providing extra features and support|
|Organisation whose services are being resold||Microsoft, Nyotron|
|Staff security clearance||Other security clearance|
|Government security clearance||Up to Security Clearance (SC)|
|Knowledge of data storage and processing locations||Yes|
|Data storage and processing locations||
|User control over data storage and processing locations||Yes|
|Datacentre security standards||Managed by a third party|
|Penetration testing frequency||At least every 6 months|
|Penetration testing approach||Another external penetration testing organisation|
|Protecting data at rest||Encryption of all physical media|
|Data sanitisation process||No|
|Equipment disposal approach||A third-party destruction service|
Backup and recovery
|Backup and recovery||Yes|
|What’s backed up||
|Backup controls||The backup policy is agreed with the customer on implementation and is managed by us as part of the service.|
|Datacentre setup||Multiple datacentres with disaster recovery|
|Scheduling backups||Supplier controls the whole backup schedule|
|Backup recovery||Users contact the support team|
|Data protection between buyer and supplier networks||
|Data protection within supplier network||IPsec or TLS VPN gateway|
Availability and resilience
"Downtime" is the total accumulated Maximum Available Minutes during a billing month for a Service during which the Service is unavailable. A given minute is considered unavailable if all attempts to connect to the Service throughout the minute are unsuccessful.
"Monthly Uptime Percentage" The Monthly Uptime Percentage is calculated using the following formula:
(Maximum Available Minutes - Downtime) / Maximum Available Minutes * 100
Service Credits are calculated based on a Monthly Uptime Percentage as follows:
< 99.95% 10% Service Credit
< 99% 25% Service Credit
|Approach to resilience||Available on request|
|Outage reporting||Outages are monitored and reported using our in-house management tools. There is a publically availably dashboard and e-mail alerts are sent to primary or defined users.|
Identity and authentication
|Access restrictions in management interfaces and support channels||
We take support from named users only.
Users are cleared with security questions.
Customer wide passwords and/or two factor authentication options are available.
|Access restriction testing frequency||At least once a year|
|Management access authentication||
|Devices users manage the service through||
Audit information for users
|Access to user activity audit information||Users have access to real-time audit information|
|How long user audit data is stored for||At least 12 months|
|Access to supplier activity audit information||Users have access to real-time audit information|
|How long supplier audit data is stored for||At least 12 months|
|How long system logs are stored for||At least 12 months|
Standards and certifications
|ISO/IEC 27001 certification||No|
|ISO 28000:2007 certification||No|
|CSA STAR certification||No|
|Other security certifications||No|
|Named board-level person responsible for service security||Yes|
|Security governance certified||Yes|
|Security governance standards||CSA CCM version 3.0|
|Information security policies and processes||
The following information security principles provide overarching governance for the security and management of information at ADEPT4.
1. Information is classified according to an appropriate level of confidentiality, integrity and availability and in accordance with relevant legislative, regulatory and contractual requirements.
2. Staff with particular responsibilities for information must ensure the classification of that information; must handle that information in accordance with its classification level; and must abide by any contractual requirements, policies, procedures or systems for meeting those responsibilities.
3. All users covered by the scope of this policy must handle information appropriately and in accordance with its classification level.
4. Information should be both secure and available to those with a legitimate need for access in accordance with its classification level. Access to information is on the basis of least privilege and need to know.
5. Information is protected against unauthorised access and processing in accordance with its classification level.
6. Breaches of policy must be reported
7. Information security provision and policies are regularly reviewed, including through the use of internal audits and penetration testing.
8. Any explicit Information Security Management Systems run within the Business is appraised and adjusted through the principles of continuous improvement.
|Configuration and change management standard||Supplier-defined controls|
|Configuration and change management approach||
There are two Change Advisory Board’s ("CABs") in Adept4:
• The ‘Day to Day’ CAB for common support requests that are non-service impacting
• The ‘Standard’ CAB for others requests needing technical approval and communications.
Staff members can submit a Change Request Form to either Change Advisory Board outlining:
CHANGE SCHEDULE - Start & End Date, Proposed works and Service Impact time.
CHANGE DESCRIPTION - Full details of change
IMPLIMENTATION PLAN - Implementation schedule for change
ANTICIPATED RESULTS - Success criteria for change.
BACK OUT PLAN – What happens if this change does not achieve the required results.
|Vulnerability management type||Supplier-defined controls|
|Vulnerability management approach||
1. Identify and Track Assets – document and categorise all hardware and software attached to our network
2. Scan for Known Vulnerabilities – regularly and in real time.
3. Security testing – regular network scanning and penetration tests.
4. Partnership – we use established managed security experts.
5. A culture of security - All employees are educated on security best practices and common hack tactics.
6. Monitoring Tools – Real time 24x7
7. Prioritise – rank vulnerabilities by business risk.
8. Remediate - configuration and patching.
9. Rescan - to ensure our patching and reconfiguration efforts achieved their objectives.
|Protective monitoring type||Supplier-defined controls|
|Protective monitoring approach||Solarwinds N-Central is the tool with which we manage and monitor servers and network devices. Where applicable thresholds are amended to suit the standard performance or technical requirement of the device. Real time alerts and reporting are available to customers.|
|Incident management type||Supplier-defined controls|
|Incident management approach||
Incident Management processes is based around ITIL best-practice where incidents are categorised based on the incident type, severity and impact on the client’s operations.
• Logging – by telephone, email or from Web Interface.
• Triage –analyst’s review and allocate to most appropriate resolver group.
• Investigation and detailed diagnosis –operations team determines the likely resolution.
• Contact Process – customer kept informed during the incident process.
• Resolution – the point where services are restored and the customer is informed.
• Complete – the point at which both the client and Adept4 agree on the incident being completed.
|Approach to secure software development best practice||Supplier-defined process|
Separation between users
|Virtualisation technology used to keep applications and users sharing the same infrastructure apart||Yes|
|Who implements virtualisation||Supplier|
|Virtualisation technologies used||VMware|
|How shared infrastructure is kept separate||To be confirmed.|
|Description of energy efficient datacentres||Adept4 use Microsoft’s Azure cloud which has been carbon-neutral since 2012. Half of the energy it uses comes from 1.2 gigawatts of wind, solar, and hydro-electric sources, which the company expects to make 60 percent by 2020 and 100 percent at some point in the future.|
|Price||£250 to £1000 per server per month|
|Discount for educational organisations||No|
|Free trial available||Yes|
|Description of free trial||
We offer a free 30 day trial account for new customers.
Customers can create up to 2 Virtual Machines and store and run as normal (excludes backup) during the trial period.