Higher Education Data Warehouse Service
Higher Education Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) for universities simplifies migration of data to the public cloud.
Based on AWS Redshift with portability to Azure (SQL Server or SQL Data Warehouse) or open source columnar database (Greenplum, MonetDB, Postgres).
Grow a big data lake for unstructured streaming data on Hadoop HDFS.
- Enterprise Class Fully Managed Data Warehouse as a Service.
- Data Futures and Sector Analysis data mart immediately available out-of-the-box.
- Fully orchestrated data pipeline covering ODS, MDM, EDW, BI, analytics.
- Integrate Learner Analytics data, focus on outcomes and Student Experience.
- Dashboard reporting via PowerBI, Quicksight, or Tabelau, Qlik, Business Objects.
- Includes: Extraction, Cleansing, Matching, Reconciliation, Transformation, Warehousing, Analytics.
- Fully managed high performance, high availability EDW cluster nodes.
- GDPR compliance: obfuscation and/or encryption at rest and in transit.
- Automated publication of data dictionary, glossary, report catalogue, data lineage.
- Student systems, Finance, HR, Banner, Moodle, Blackboard VLE, Sharepoint, Office365.
- MDM, star schema simplifies complex data marts for business users.
- Build inhouse analysis skills, outsource ETL and Data Warehouse complexity.
- Futureproof big data ingestion, IoT, social media, unstructured data analytics.
- HE-ready EDW with built-in education-related MDM, dimensions and data marts.
- Native support for HESA Returns/DLHE, Unistats, OfS NSS, UCAS J*
- Bring Your Own Licence (BYOL) for existing in-house BI tools.
- Low Operational Cost Commitment, no capital expenditure.
- Kimball star schema, Inmon normalisation or Linstedt Data Vault models.
- Integrate with existing Active Directory in-house or on Azure.
- Includes ETL licence and 10 Quicksight or PowerBI Cloud Users.