The Government and Healthcare LMS combines our innovative collaboration, learning and assessment tools with the latest Microsoft, Google and educational cloud apps to deliver, manage and access learning anytime; anywhere. Users, security and identity management are seamlessly integrated ensuring users easily gain access to all their information, resources and applications.
- Accessible on any modern browser on any device
- Integrates with Microsoft Office 365 and Google Apps
- Simple, easy to use interface
- Permissions can be set easily and uniquely for your organisation
- Integrates with all your cloud learning tools and resources
- International and localisation
- Fully branded to your requirements
- Supports anytime, anywhere, any device learning
- Ability to add new cloud services as required
- One login, username and password for users to access everything
- Supports communication and collaboration between users
- Centralised management of services
- Supports Internationalisation and localisation
- 99.95% Service Uptime
- Easily track and monitor usage
- Deliver E-learning Courses
£5 to £13 per user per year
- Education pricing available
New Era Education Ltd
|Software add-on or extension||No|
|Cloud deployment model||Hybrid cloud|
|Email or online ticketing support||Email or online ticketing|
|Support response times||
The support desk is open Monday - Friday, 8:30 am- 5:00pm
Our team will respond to email tickets within 1 hour or customers can call the support desk for immediate help.
|User can manage status and priority of support tickets||Yes|
|Online ticketing support accessibility||None or don’t know|
|Phone support availability||9 to 5 (UK time), Monday to Friday|
|Web chat support||No|
|Onsite support||Yes, at extra cost|
• All customers get free and unlimited help desk support (email, phone and remote training) as standard.
• On site training is available at an additional cost
• All customers are allocated a technical account manager
|Support available to third parties||Yes|
Onboarding and offboarding
New Era appoints a project team which will comprise of at least three Senior Management Executives.
Every customer is then managed by an Account Manager who has detailed experience of all New Era products and implementations.
The key stages and activities within the learning cloud project would be as follows:
Stage-1 –Project Initiation
• Agreeing the project approach and management framework including communication protocols.
• On acceptance of specifications, a project schedule for full rollout is agreed. The project definition will establish a baseline for the project and form the basis for planning the detailed approach.
Stage-3 –Implementation & Configuration
• Implementation of the learning cloud. This will include:
• Data migration
• User training
• Initial system administration
• Go live with initial users
Stage-4 –Quality Assurance and Testing
• Testing of the system in readiness for going live.
• New Era will provide the appropriate level of consultancy and training in partnership with the customer. This is focused on the teaching and learning needs of schools, and supporting their whole school improvement planning and delivery.
Stage-6 –Project Sign-off and Acceptance
• On completion, the deliverables are presented for review and acceptance by the Customer.
|Other documentation formats||
|End-of-contract data extraction||The Learning Cloud offers some user-accessible data extraction options for files, emails and calendar events. More extensive migration of data out of the Learning Cloud is processed on a case-by-case basis, and may incur additional fees.|
Included in the contract are all subscribed services. All customers get unlimited help desk support (telephone and email) and remote training at no extra cost. If customers wish to add further services to their existing contract, there may be additional costs incurred depending on the service.
If a customer wishes to discontinue a service with us and have adhered to the termination conditions, then the service would be decommissioned and any associated data will become inaccessible directly by the customer for the duration of 12 months.
We are able to decommission services within a week to fit with a customer's timescales. The customer will be provided with assistance to remove and retain any data they require that is hosted on our systems.
12 months after a service has been decommissioned, all associated data is permanently deleted.
Using the service
|Web browser interface||Yes|
|Application to install||No|
|Designed for use on mobile devices||Yes|
|Differences between the mobile and desktop service||Our parent communication app requires parents to download a mobile app onto their mobile tablet or phone.|
|Accessibility standards||None or don’t know|
|Description of accessibility||
Images have alternative text, where part of the page content, otherwise they are provided by stylesheets.
Semantic markup used whereever possible
Forms are fully keyboard accessible
Fields have associated labels.
Learning content has full audio commentary.
|Description of customisation||
There are several areas that can be customized;
• Personalized branding which includes changing logos, colours and fonts. Customers can change these within the dashboard but we also offer this as part of the service.
• Websites can be built or fully customized in line with customers requirements and specifications. Customers have access to a number of configurable options in the website editor, however the support team can apply more advanced changes on request.
• User homepages and shared spaces within the cloud can be customized from a selection of predefined themes. Users can further customize these spaces with their own content, images and sub pages. Customers have a number of configurable options within the settings area of shared areas.
• With cloud services users can use their own web and email domain. This is can be setup with help from the support team.
|Independence of resources||Elastic scaling of resources based on application workload, using virtualization technology. Continuous monitoring of load to ensure optimum performance and capacity.|
|Service usage metrics||Yes|
|Metrics types||We record and log user performed actions in an audit log that is available to the the main user. These include the IP address and browser used to access services. We also provide information relating to the amount of logins per pupil/staff when accessed from home or within school. We can provide further and more detailed usage statistics to the user if they contact our support desk.|
|Supplier type||Not a reseller|
|Staff security clearance||Other security clearance|
|Government security clearance||Up to Developed Vetting (DV)|
|Knowledge of data storage and processing locations||Yes|
|Data storage and processing locations||United Kingdom|
|User control over data storage and processing locations||No|
|Datacentre security standards||Complies with a recognised standard (for example CSA CCM version 3.0)|
|Penetration testing frequency||At least once a year|
|Penetration testing approach||Another external penetration testing organisation|
|Protecting data at rest||Physical access control, complying with another standard|
|Data sanitisation process||No|
|Equipment disposal approach||In-house destruction process|
Data importing and exporting
|Data export approach||All user uploaded or created files can be downloaded in a single zipped file or individually in the same format they were created in. Emails and calendar events can be exported. Usage logs are also exportable in a spreadsheet format.|
|Data export formats||
|Other data export formats||
|Data import formats||
|Other data import formats||
|Data protection between buyer and supplier networks||
|Data protection within supplier network||
Availability and resilience
Target response times
P1 - Immediately
P2- 4 hours
P3 - 1 working day
P4 - 2 working day
|Approach to resilience||Available on Request|
|Outage reporting||Email alerts and dashboards|
Identity and authentication
|User authentication needed||Yes|
|User authentication||Username or password|
|Access restrictions in management interfaces and support channels||Internal administration accounts with tightly controlled distribution of credentials, and levels of access restricted to that required to perform the support task.|
|Access restriction testing frequency||At least every 6 months|
|Management access authentication||Username or password|
Audit information for users
|Access to user activity audit information||Users have access to real-time audit information|
|How long user audit data is stored for||At least 12 months|
|Access to supplier activity audit information||Users contact the support team to get audit information|
|How long supplier audit data is stored for||At least 12 months|
|How long system logs are stored for||At least 12 months|
Standards and certifications
|ISO/IEC 27001 certification||No|
|ISO 28000:2007 certification||No|
|CSA STAR certification||No|
|Other security accreditations||No|
|Named board-level person responsible for service security||Yes|
|Security governance accreditation||No|
|Security governance approach||
- Quarterly reporting of security performance and breaches
- An acceptable risk level that is the basis for the company's security policies and all security activities is reviewed quarterly.
- Actively monitor and act on security breaches detected.
|Information security policies and processes||
- The Management holds business unit managers responsible for carrying out risk management activities for their specific business units.
- All business processes are documented along with the risks that are inherent at the different steps within their lifetime.
-All employees are held accountable for any security breaches they participate in, either maliciously or accidentally.
|Configuration and change management standard||Supplier-defined controls|
|Configuration and change management approach||
- All components are actively monitored for both availability and security breaches. The log collected are analysed to find patterns of potential threats.
- If a vulnerability is detected and/or identified a CR is immediately put in place to resolve it. Every change is recorded and reassessed for vulnerability impacts.
|Vulnerability management type||Supplier-defined controls|
|Vulnerability management approach||
- Potential threats to the service are assessed both during the release process and during the service lifetime with active monitoring.
- The patch to a security vulnerability is deployed as soon as the fix is available.
- We follow and monitor all the industry alerts regarding known vulnerabilities. We also use active monitoring to trace and assess vulnerabilities within our own code.
|Protective monitoring type||Supplier-defined controls|
|Protective monitoring approach||
- The service is actively monitored for both availability and potential compromises. The information collected is analysed to find patterns of potential threats.
- If a compromise is detected and/or identified a CR is immediately put in place to resolve it. Every change is recorded and reassessed for potential compromise impact.
- The incidents are managed in line with the SLA and a fix is applied as soon as is available.
|Incident management type||Supplier-defined controls|
|Incident management approach||
- All incidents are categorised by impact and urgency. After that they are managed as by process.
- By phone, email, support form
- By email on demand
|Approach to secure software development best practice||Supplier-defined process|
Public sector networks
|Connection to public sector networks||No|
|Price||£5 to £13 per user per year|
|Discount for educational organisations||Yes|
|Free trial available||No|
|Pricing document||View uploaded document|
|Skills Framework for the Information Age rate card||View uploaded document|
|Service definition document||View uploaded document|
|Terms and conditions document||View uploaded document|