Totara Learn (Learning Experience & Performance Platform / LMS)
Accipio (Platinum Totara partner) supplies the award-winning learning experience & performance platform "Totara Learn". Totara has an incredibility rich set of functionality, and we work with you to make Totara the “backbone” of building learning and performance culture. Totara offers up to 80% cost savings compared with other platforms.
- Create and manage eLearning delivery and assessment
- Wide mix of supported media (SCORM, Interactive Documents, HVP, Video)
- Enables social learning, collaboration, social networking and knowledge sharing
- Customisable branded Themes and Dashboards different types of audiences
- Personal development plans for targeted training, and full competency/goal management
- Complete talent and appraisal system with 360 degree feedback management
- Positional and organisational hierarchies, with objective management (cascade/reporting)
- Integrated interactive performance Dashboards for Corporate performance management
- Custom report builder with real time aggregative graphical reporting
- Integrate with third party authentication/HR systems, and OpenBadges
- Easily manage users, and track completion / competence / certification
- Provide access to interactive and engaging learning 24/7
- Manage classroom sessions for blended learning
- View real-time usage and completion monitoring
- No “vendor lock-in” and significant savings
- Managers can assign learning, and view completion data
- See what percentage has completed compliance training
- Manage talent, appraisal and performance
- Manage the cascade of strategic objectives
- Deploy a beautifully branded site learners want to visit
£1 per user per year
- Education pricing available
- Free trial available
- Pricing document
- Skills Framework for the Information Age rate card
- Service definition document
- Terms and conditions
|Software add-on or extension||No|
|Cloud deployment model||
|System requirements||Modern browser (compatible with IE9 and above)|
|Email or online ticketing support||Email or online ticketing|
|Support response times||Normally within an hour. Our SLA is 24 hours, and much more rapidly for more urgent matters. This includes weekends.|
|User can manage status and priority of support tickets||Yes|
|Online ticketing support accessibility||WCAG 2.1 AAA|
|Phone support availability||9 to 5 (UK time), Monday to Friday|
|Web chat support||No|
|Onsite support||Yes, at extra cost|
We have three support packages:
1) Pay as you go. This is a credit based support system, and covers advice and task delivery. 10 credits cost £800 ex VAT and last for 3 months. Each credit is worth up to 1 hour of work.
2) All you can eat. This is for unlimited "advice" on front end configuration. This costs £3,000 ex VAT per annum.
3) Bespoke. We can create a bespoke support package to meet your needs. This could include on-site support, complete service management and training. Our fees start at £750 per day ex VAT.
|Support available to third parties||Yes|
Onboarding and offboarding
|Getting started||We recommend a two day practitioner course which we can deliver at your offices or as part of an open programmes. There is comprehensive online documentation.|
|End-of-contract data extraction||We will provide a full backup of the site at the end of the contract. Data can be extracted via course backups and csv exports for example.|
|End-of-contract process||We will provide a full backup of the site at the end of the contract. This is normally on a USB drive. The costs £200 ex VAT.|
Using the service
|Web browser interface||Yes|
|Application to install||No|
|Designed for use on mobile devices||Yes|
|Differences between the mobile and desktop service||Our sites are fully responsive. We can also deploy a standalone App if required.|
|What users can and can't do using the API||
RESTful and SOAP
Our team can work with you to develop any bespoke changes.
|API documentation formats||HTML|
|API sandbox or test environment||Yes|
|Description of customisation||
Clients can customise key parts of the theme, and all front-end configuration. This includes user processes, courses, learning plans, hierarchies, positions and much more.
We would need to be involved in any back-end bespoke enhancements.
|Independence of resources||
Each client has a dedicated server.
We normally configure the server so that 10% of users can be on the platform at the same time. In reality, the server can cope with a much higher load.
We can deploy a second load balancing instance on request for larger sites.
|Service usage metrics||Yes|
We use a combination of Totara custom reports and Google Analytics to report on the platform.
We can report on most things, from usage per day to most popular courses.
We even embed feedback surveys to capture qualitative data about courses and the platform.
|Supplier type||Not a reseller|
|Staff security clearance||Other security clearance|
|Government security clearance||Up to Developed Vetting (DV)|
|Knowledge of data storage and processing locations||Yes|
|Data storage and processing locations||
|User control over data storage and processing locations||Yes|
|Datacentre security standards||Complies with a recognised standard (for example CSA CCM version 3.0)|
|Penetration testing frequency||At least once a year|
|Penetration testing approach||‘IT Health Check’ performed by a CHECK service provider|
|Protecting data at rest||Physical access control, complying with CSA CCM v3.0|
|Data sanitisation process||Yes|
|Data sanitisation type||Deleted data can’t be directly accessed|
|Equipment disposal approach||In-house destruction process|
Data importing and exporting
|Data export approach||There are a number of ways to export user data. The main method is CSV. Full documentation can be found here: https://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Import_and_export_FAQ|
|Data export formats||
|Other data export formats||
|Data import formats||
|Other data import formats||XML|
|Data protection between buyer and supplier networks||TLS (version 1.2 or above)|
|Data protection within supplier network||TLS (version 1.2 or above)|
Availability and resilience
Our standard SLA includes:
- First-Call Resolution - 70% of incoming enquires resolved on first contact;
- Turn-Around Time - 80% of administrative and technical issues resolved completed within 24 hours;
- Scheduled maintenance windows - Weekends and after 16:00 during week days with prior written permission; and
For critical issues (those impacting all users):
- Response within 4 hours with estimated resolution time (with acknowledgement of Critical status)
- Resolution within 2 working days before escalation
For non – critical issues:
- Response within 24 hours
- Resolution within 4 working days
- Daily update
- Resolution within 3 working days
- Supply of bespoke reports
- Acknowledgement of request within 6 hours with estimated delivery time and cost
- Delivery of business critical reports within 7 working days
- No more than 5% downtime during office hours within 1 year (19 hours falling between 9am and 5pm, Monday – Friday which is 2 working days)
We will provide support credit if we do not meet the above SLA. This is calculated 10% of support credits paid for the year for each time we do not meet one of the above criteria.
|Approach to resilience||Available on request|
|Outage reporting||Email alerts|
Identity and authentication
|User authentication needed||Yes|
|Access restrictions in management interfaces and support channels||
Username and password
|Access restriction testing frequency||At least every 6 months|
|Management access authentication||
Audit information for users
|Access to user activity audit information||Users have access to real-time audit information|
|How long user audit data is stored for||User-defined|
|Access to supplier activity audit information||You control when users can access audit information|
|How long supplier audit data is stored for||User-defined|
|How long system logs are stored for||User-defined|
Standards and certifications
|ISO/IEC 27001 certification||Yes|
|Who accredited the ISO/IEC 27001||The British Assessment Bureau|
|ISO/IEC 27001 accreditation date||13/03/2019|
|What the ISO/IEC 27001 doesn’t cover||Everything was covered.|
|ISO 28000:2007 certification||No|
|CSA STAR certification||No|
|Other security certifications||Yes|
|Any other security certifications||Cyber Essentials|
|Named board-level person responsible for service security||Yes|
|Security governance certified||Yes|
|Security governance standards||ISO/IEC 27001|
|Information security policies and processes||
Accipio takes measures to protect from loss or corruption, unauthorized access and modification. We follow the eight principles of the Data Protection Act 1998, and the broad outline of ISO 17799 guidelines for information security.
All staff will report any suspected security breaches to a Director who will log in the security breech log. A Director will maintain,
monitor and report on any security incidents which may result in further investigation and action if required.
Accipio maintains a register of all employees who are allowed access to all parts of the system containing electronic data. All staff must agree to written terms and conditions covering use of IT when they are employed at the company.
Our Information Security policy is available on request.
|Configuration and change management standard||Supplier-defined controls|
|Configuration and change management approach||
Our cloud hosting is provided by AWS - a leading cloud hosting provider trusted by the largest brands in the world. They manage the cloud infrastructure.
We run two EC2 instances for each client - one for the live site, and one for a development and testing. Changes made to the development site are tracked, and once tested, rolled out to the live site.
We use Github for code management and versioning.
Totara releases updates which we deploy. These are tracked and managed by Totara.
|Vulnerability management type||Supplier-defined controls|
|Vulnerability management approach||We perform vulnerability assessments on a monthly basis. We also follow the latest Totara / Moodle security alerts, and notifications from AWS. We run scans and keep current with the latest insights from the industry. Our configured alarms and penetration testing help to threats. We have a vulnerability triage group which meets once a vulnerability assessment has been performed. We assess the severity and likelihood of the threat, and use a Common Vulnerability Scoring System. New vulnerabilities reported by Totara or Moodle normally result in a patch being generated rapidly. We would install this within one day in most cases.|
|Protective monitoring type||Supplier-defined controls|
|Protective monitoring approach||We have measures in place to detect attacks and unauthorised activity on the service. We have configured various alarms and audit logs to identify suspicious activity. We have high levels of security for access. Events are analysed to identify potential compromises or inappropriate use of our service. If we find a potential compromise, we take swift and appropriate action (normally within hours).|
|Incident management type||Supplier-defined controls|
|Incident management approach||We have an incident management process which is deployed in response to security incidents. The response depends on the type of incident or attack. We report all incidents to the Director in charge, and where appropriate, the client as soon as practicable. This is normally in the form of electronic incident reports sent via email. A follow up phone call is normally made as well for clients.|
|Approach to secure software development best practice||Conforms to a recognised standard, but self-assessed|
Public sector networks
|Connection to public sector networks||No|
|Price||£1 per user per year|
|Discount for educational organisations||Yes|
|Free trial available||Yes|
|Description of free trial||Our free trail includes a simple branded site with admin login. The site is live for 2 weeks.|