Technology Transformation Consultancy and Delivery
We specialise in transforming government technology from complex legacy data centre environments to simple, flexible cloud-delivered services. We have played lead roles in several legacy technology migrations and transformations and offer a full service including strategy development, detailed technical planning and full migration of infrastructure and applications to the cloud
- Technology transformation strategy, vision and roadmap development
- Cloud readiness, capability and maturity assessments
- Cloud-based technology transformation architecture and design
- Legacy technology environments transformation, consolidation and rationalisation
- Programme management and Agile delivery of large technology transformation projects
- Infrastructure and applications redesign to take full advantage of cloud
- Cloud migration to AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform
- Cloud-delivered Identity and Access Management (IDAM) solutions (Okta)
- Cloud-delivered Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) solutions (Workspace One)
- Office 365 and Google G-Suite implementation
- Reduced technical complexity and an improved user experience
- A simpler operating model to control and reduce IT spending
- Simplified management and support of technology for in-house staff
- Flexibility to replace individual products and services without major redesign
- Complex legacy technology platform modernisation to loosely-couple cloud services
- Operational and commercial exit plans from incumbent service providers
- Increased capability for collaborative working, knowledge management and communication
- Scale your technology in response to changes in departmental objectives
- Best practice implementation of the Technology Code of Practice
- Alignment to Cabinet Office, GDS and NCSC guidelines
£450 to £1200 per person per day
- Pricing document
- Skills Framework for the Information Age rate card
- Service definition document
- Terms and conditions
MSC Digital Limited
020 7692 1748
|How the planning service works||
As a leading specialist in government technology transformation we can assist with every stage of your planning for cloud migration or implementation cloud software and services.
Utilising our expert knowledge of government technology best practice we assist with shaping and developing your strategy, business case and technology roadmap, while performing cloud readiness, capability and maturity assessments on your existing environment and in-house staff.
We then work with you to design the new architecture, provide advice on evaluation and selection of cloud platforms and services, and develop a detailed project and technical migration plan for your legacy technology, applications and data.
All aligned to the Technology Code of Practice and latest Cabinet Office, GDS and NCSC (National Cyber Security Centre) guidance.
We can also assist with operational and commercial exit plans from your incumbent service providers and with Target Operating Model design and planning for the capability development of your in-house staff to familiarise them with running, managing and supporting the new environment.
|Planning service works with specific services||No|
|Training service provided||Yes|
|How the training service works||
MSC Digital take a “train the trainer” approach throughout the projects we undertake. This differs in approach to standard training courses, as your staff are trained in both the technologies and architectures we are delivering and in how to pass this knowledge on to their colleagues.
We work closely with our clients’ technical staff throughout our engagements, helping them to “learn by doing” and transferring essential skills and knowledge to your in-house team.
We can also source and arrange formal training for our clients and their staff via relationships we have in place with several vendors (including AWS, Microsoft and Google) and training providers.
|Training is tied to specific services||Yes|
|Services the training service works with||
Setup and migration
|Setup or migration service available||Yes|
|How the setup or migration service works||We have played lead migration roles in several large government cloud technology transformations and offer a full service from strategy to planning to delivery. Whether you need short-term assistance to bridge a gap in your migration or transformation capability or a full multi-functional programme team deployed to design and deliver major transformation, we will apply our wealth of government experience to guide you through your migration of hosting and digital platforms, Identity & Access Management (IDAM), Unified End-Point Management (UEM), Office productivity tools (MS Office 365 and Google G Suite), network and VoIP telephony and unified comms, legacy workplace and line of business applications. We also have lots of experience with End-User Device migrations at scale (12,000+ users) and large-scale data migrations,|
|Setup or migration service is for specific cloud services||Yes|
|List of supported services||
Quality assurance and performance testing
|Quality assurance and performance testing service||Yes|
|How the quality assurance and performance testing works||We have extensive experience working with government SIRO and Information Assurance experts. We review any proposed new cloud-based services against the NCSC Cloud Security Principles. We work closely with cyber security SME's within a number of cloud service providers and have access to industry experts in this field. We assist our clients with completion of Privacy Impact Assessments and other risk assessments as required.|
|Security services type||
|Ongoing support service||No|
|Service constraints||None identified|
|Email or online ticketing support||Email or online ticketing|
|Support response times||Within 1 hour during business hours|
|User can manage status and priority of support tickets||No|
|Phone support availability||9 to 5 (UK time), Monday to Friday|
|Web chat support||No|
|Support levels||We provide dedicated support from a project team, led by a Lead Consultant who is accountable for the delivery of our service. This support is provided throughout the duration of our service provision and is typically available during working hours (Monday to Friday). Enhanced and extended support is provided for critical deadlines and migration activities outside these hours. Other extended support can be provided by arrangement.|
|Supplier type||Not a reseller|
|Staff security clearance||Conforms to BS7858:2012|
|Government security clearance||Up to Security Clearance (SC)|
|Price||£450 to £1200 per person per day|
|Discount for educational organisations||No|