CAID Senior Product Manager
9 Incomplete applications
9 SME, 0 large
9 Completed applications
8 SME, 1 large
- Wednesday 5 June 2019
- Deadline for asking questions
- Friday 7 June 2019 at 11:59pm GMT
- Closing date for applications
- Wednesday 12 June 2019 at 11:59pm GMT
- Specialist role
- Product manager
- Summary of the work
To ensure that CAID continues to meet the evolving needs of policing and law enforcement community engagement will also be required with U.K. police and the NCA, the Internet Watch Foundation plus international partner agencies (e.g. Interpol).
The requirement to establish a product roadmap will mean working with CAID suppliers.
- Latest start date
- Monday 19 August 2019
- Expected contract length
- 12 months with options for 12 months extension
- South East England
- Organisation the work is for
- Home Office
- Maximum day rate
- Up to a maximum of £700 per day.
About the work
- Early market engagement
- Who the specialist will work with
The Senior Product Manager will need to engage with members of the CAID Project Team and Home Office stakeholders responsible for programme delivery, live service operations and policy direction.
This will include police teams directly involved in delivering CAID as well as the suppliers managing live service operations.
- What the specialist will work on
Establish and maintain strategic direction for CAID to ensure CAID continues to meet the evolving needs of the Police Service and other stakeholders.
Develop, in conjunction with key stakeholders, a roadmap for the medium and long-term, to be in place post-project. This model will cover the strategic direction, referred to above.
Establish and maintain appropriate stakeholder structures (user groups, supplier management meetings etc.) to gather requirements, agree business processes and disseminate best practice to operate as a part of the above governance model.
Identify CAID related risks/ issues and manage activity to reduce their impact on all stakeholders.
- Address where the work will take place
- 2 Marsham Street and travel where required
- Working arrangements
- Some remote working is acceptable, supported by a Home Office laptop to enable collaboration and sensitive material to be exchanged. Some meetings can be by conference call, but significant stakeholder meetings are expected to be face-to-face at a Home Office location or partner visit with occasional international travel likely.
- Security clearance
- SC or ability to be SC cleared and will require NPPV3.
- Additional terms and conditions
HO retains all IPR in respect of any
service or software created.
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate suppliers’ technical competence.
- Essential skills and experience
- 5 years relevant experience of Product Management.
- Experience of Service Management and Live Operations.
- Must have detailed and proven Knowledge/experience of the work of online CSAE investigation and systems
- An understanding of core technical concepts related to the requirement.
- Minimum BA degree in business or a related field
- Nice-to-have skills and experience
- • Knowledge and experience of proactively resolving service problems, ensuring that solutions continue to meet business requirements taking accountability for actions taken and decisions made.
- Demonstrable evidence of delivering a strategic plan for a technology product.
- Stakeholder management and supplier management experience
How suppliers will be evaluated
- How many specialists to evaluate
- Cultural fit criteria
- Make recommendations for decisions and options
- Personal management of time within a team to best deliver the scope of work
- Challenge assumptions but remain willing to compromise when it is beneficial to progress
- Assessment methods
- Work history
- Evaluation weighting
Questions asked by suppliers
- 1. Is the role inside/outside of IR35?
- The role is outside of IR35
- 2. Is there a current incumbent and are they applying?
- Yes there is a current incumbent and we do not know if they are applying or not.
- 3. Does the NPPV3 Clearance need to be in place before the contract starts, or will it be sponsored?
- Ideally it would be in place
- 4. Would you be willing to pay more day rate for this role as the Snr PMs we are speaking to are commanding more day rates and we won't want to miss out on getting you the best candidates?
- The advert is clear, I suggest you re-read it as it specifies the maximum day rate.