PEGA environment lead business architect
9 Incomplete applications
8 SME, 1 large
12 Completed applications
9 SME, 3 large
- Thursday 6 June 2019
- Deadline for asking questions
- Thursday 13 June 2019 at 11:59pm GMT
- Closing date for applications
- Thursday 20 June 2019 at 11:59pm GMT
- Specialist role
- Technical Architect
- Summary of the work
- HRA's programme it to deliver an integrated single platform for research applications approval, supporting Clinical Trials and all research applications. This involves replacement and upgrade of all the HRA research systems, including the core applications, HARP and IRAS. The programme uses the PEGA platform to deliver the required functionality changes
- Latest start date
- Monday 15 July 2019
- Expected contract length
- 8 - 12 Months
- Organisation the work is for
- NHS Health Research Agency - HRA
- Maximum day rate
- The budget is a maximum of £124.4k for the initial 8 month period.
About the work
- Early market engagement
Following an independent review of the HRA’s ageing Research Systems in 2017, to establish the systems changes necessary to meet post EU Exit requirements and the forthcoming changes to the EU Clinical Trials Regulations, the HRA undertook a programme of work to replace the required elements of the Integrated Research Applications System (IRAS) and develop the (HRA) Approval & Review Portal (HARP), the case management system for all applications reviewed through the HRA. This uses the PEGA platform and PEGA Cloud. The essential components of this programme are being rolled out progressively during 2019.
For further information, please see: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wG2G1-SrWGtMgKVZjVMk_MYeRHGrORkc
- Who the specialist will work with
- The HRA has a team of staff consisting of a Scrum Master, Programme Manager, Resourcing Manager, Product Managers, Testers and SMEs (subject matter experts). There are also a number of partners with PEGA knowledge having competencies around PEGA Business Architect and System Architects.
- What the specialist will work on
The role is responsible for undertaking the business and systems analysis and documenting of business functional requirements to support the delivery of the various components of the Systems Replacement programme using the PEGA Platform.
Further details can be found here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wG2G1SrWGtMgKVZjVMk_MYeRHGrORkc
Assessment interviews are planned for July 4th and 5th, details to be confirmed following shortlisting.
- Address where the work will take place
- Predominantly Skipton House, 80 London Road, London – but on occasion may be required to attend one of the other four HRA offices located in Bristol, Nottingham, Manchester and Newcastle.
- Working arrangements
- As the HRA is a national organisation a number of staff are based at home as well as across the 5 office locations. Extensive use is made of Skype for business. However, it is expected that there will be a significant amount of colocation at Skipton House for the duration of the programme and suppliers will have to be prepared to work flexibly and productively within this setting.
- Security clearance
- Baseline clearance
- Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate suppliers’ technical competence.
- Essential skills and experience
- 5 + years of experience in a PEGA LBA role defining solutions in complex (i.e. multi-project, multi-system) environments and aligned to multiple delivery methodologies included Waterfall and Agile (preferred).
- Experience of leading inception / elaboration sessions using DCO and other standard Agile practices essential.
- Experience for documenting and reviewing requirements, business and customer journey maps, use cases, user stories etc as appropriate
- Experience of PEGA version 7.x essential
- Demonstrable experience in the timely delivery of medium-large scale development programmes / projects.
- Educated to degree level
- PEGA Certified Business Architect.
- Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Experience of JIRA beneficial.
- PEGA Underwriting and PEGA customer service for assurance beneficial
- Experience in PEGA Marketing and Decisioning
- Experience in the PEGA assurance framework including product builder
- Assurance industry experience beneficial.
- Experience of delivering with vendor teams would be beneficial, ideally with an offshore component.
- Prior management, supervisory and/or team leadership experience is beneficial.
- Scrum Master certification beneficial
- PEGA Certified System architect or higher beneficial
How suppliers will be evaluated
- How many specialists to evaluate
- Cultural fit criteria
- Have a highly self-motivated, confident, proactive and innovative approach, with ability to work independently and on own initiative
- Have a flexible working approach and be adaptable to change, with an appreciation that working with Health Research Authority will be a mixture of co-location and remote working
- Have commitment to team working and respect and consideration for the skills of others
- Ability to motivate and form cohesive teams
- Sets an excellent example of customer care
- Anticipates customer needs to provide excellent service continually striving to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Open, honest, enthusiastic team player.
- Strong interpersonal skills to include: - diplomacy and sensitivity - negotiating and influencing - the ability to work well with others at all levels, including senior staff
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Assessment methods
- Work history
- Evaluation weighting
Questions asked by suppliers
- 1. Is there an incumbent?
- There is no incumbent.
- 2. The Google drive link does not work.
- Please see the following updated URL for details: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wG2G1-SrWGtMgKVZjVMk_MYeRHGrORkc?usp=sharing
- 3. Will a T&S budget be available for the travel to other locations outside of the base location (London) or is this to be factored into the day rate?
- Any T&S costs will be outside of the stated budget and will be in accordance with the HRA's T&S policy. Please see the above Google drive folder for details.
- 4. If the candidate has no clearance, can this be arranged after interview if they were to be successful?
- In theory this is possible, but the candidate must be able to commence work by the latest start date and provision of security clearance ahead of this is mandatory. The time taken to obtain clearance is in the main down to the speed at which third party organisations respond. HRA would therefore have concerns on the ability of the applicant to acquire clearance in the time between being notified of a successful application and the required start date.
- 5. Is this role inside/outside IR35?
- This role is outside of IR35.