MCTA TARDIS Developer
3 Incomplete applications
3 SME, 0 large
5 Completed applications
3 SME, 2 large
- Tuesday 18 June 2019
- Deadline for asking questions
- Thursday 20 June 2019 at 11:59pm GMT
- Closing date for applications
- Tuesday 25 June 2019 at 11:59pm GMT
- Specialist role
- Summary of the work
- MCTA Weapon Analysis - TARDIS Developer and Service Management Specialist
- Latest start date
- Sunday 1 September 2019
- Expected contract length
- 2 years
- South East England
- Organisation the work is for
- Maritime Capability, Trials and Assessment (MCTA), Portsmouth
- Maximum day rate
- £695 per contract day; max 220 days per contract year.
About the work
- Early market engagement
- Who the specialist will work with
- The specialist will be working in the Weapon Evaluation Division making use of various software packages on a dedicated Secret High LAN known as TARDIS to achieve the detailed analysis. There are several customers for these products.
- What the specialist will work on
MCTA require a specialist engineer/software developer to provide bespoke data management/application development services in support of Trials and Reduction Data Information System(TARDIS)and ancillary equipment systems.
Support and development of bespoke software to facilitate current and future Weapon System Assessment through tasking by TARDIS Users.
Provide administration of TARDIS system to include;
Installation/administration/maintenance of third-party bespoke and COTS software packages on TARDIS
Installation/administration/control of Encryption software and associated Cryptographic Material,Anti-Virus software,patches and any necessary software to meet current security guidelines (JSP440)
Conduct low level hardware support to include, to component level (e.g. motherboard, disk drive, CPU),fault diagnosis,repair by replacement and upgrades.
- Address where the work will take place
- All work to be undertaken in the Authority’s offices in Victory Building, HM Naval Base Portsmouth.
- Working arrangements
- Onsite daily delivering outcomes with the TARDIS processing system and the Weapon Analysis teams. Occasional meetings in Abbey Wood.
- Security clearance
- SC essential
- Additional terms and conditions
In addition to the daily rate, a further £3000 per contract year will be available for Travel & Subsistence outside the Portsmouth area. Any T&S should be agreed in advance by the project manager and will be paid monthly in arrears in accordance with MoD rates.
The following DEFCONs will apply to this requirement -
DEFCON 76 - Contractor's Personnel at Government Establishments
DEFCON 658 - CYBER
DEFCON 659A - Security Matters
DEFCON 703 - Intellectual Property Rights - Vesting in the Authority
The successful contractor must have been awarded ISO 9000, or equivalent
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate suppliers’ technical competence.
- Essential skills and experience
- Be proficient with MS Visual Basic 6.0 / .NET
- Be proficient with MS Excel / Word VBA
- Be proficient with SQL
- Be able to install, administer and maintain COTS software, third-party bespoke software, and in house bespoke TARDIC software
- Demonstrate competence to manage all phases of software development life-cycle (planning, requirements, design, code, testing acceptance, trials, installation and through life maintenance).
- Demonstrate the range of skills to develop applications, maintain the existing code base, assist the User and maintain the operational capability of the TARDIS system
- Be cognisant of and facilitate the implementation of MoD security Policy
- Install, administer and maintain encryption software and crypto key management
- Install, administer and maintain anti-virus software
- Install, administer and maintain backup software
- Fault finding and Rectification of defects on Ship's weapon systems based on field reports from the user community
- Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Have knowledge of RN Weapon Systems.
- Have experience of Project Planning and reporting
- Have experience of DEC Pascal
- Have experience of DEC Basic
- Have experience of DEC Command Language
- Have experience of JAVA
- Have experience of Sys Admin for Open VMS
How suppliers will be evaluated
- How many specialists to evaluate
- Cultural fit criteria
- Work as a team member within our organisation
- Have a no-blame culture and encourage people to learn from their mistakes
- Share knowledge and experience with other team members
- Assessment methods
- Work history
- Evaluation weighting
Questions asked by suppliers
- 1. Is there a current incumbent?
- There is an incumbent.
- 2. What is the IR35 status?
- The MoD view is that this falls outside IR35.