Friday 18 January 2019
Deadline for asking questions
Friday 25 January 2019 at 11:59pm GMT
Closing date for applications
Friday 1 February 2019 at 11:59pm GMT
Summary of the work
Falmouth University and its delivery partner FXPlus have a requirement for a single Microsoft Gold partner to provide a large-scale programme of works around the migration of current on-premise services to Microsoft365. The Microsoft Gold Partner should have expertise in planning, user adoption and business change management.
Latest start date
Friday 29 March 2019
Expected contract length
2 years (+2 year)
South West England
Organisation the work is for
Falmouth University & FXPlus
The budget range for year 1 of the programme is between £500,000 to £1,000,000 which been signed off by the business.
Year 2 (+2 Year) will be subject to the decision made at business and programme boards.
About the work
Why the work is being done
Falmouth University and FXPlus are on a digital journey to transform working practices to increase efficiency and effectiveness, reduce duplication of effort and manual processing through common platforms, improved communications, workflow and automation. The solutions will enable staff to work in a more flexible way, allowing staff to be focused on value-added activities. With significant growth forecast for Falmouth University the ability to facilitate internal and external collaboration with partners will be a key deliverable in supporting the Falmouth University 2030 Strategy.
OneDrive, SharePoint, Intranet
MS Teams, SharePoint, Project Online
Problem to be solved
To reduce the complexity of the technical estate, improve reliability and use Microsoft expertise to deliver a robust, reliable service, supporting open innovation, business change and adoption. Also, resolving key business challenges, increase working efficiencies, reduce duplication and breaking down silos.
The problem should be addressed by utilising Microsoft365, Azure and the wider Microsoft technology and innovation stacks including Dynamics365 and Project Online where appropriate.
Who the users are and what they need to do
At the highest level the users will be our stakeholders:
* Falmouth University Staff (Professional Services and Academics)
* Falmouth University Students
* FX Plus Staff
* FXU (Student Union)
* Falmouth University Collaborative Partners
* University of Exeter (Staff on Penryn Campus)
* Business to Business (B2B)
Create, Collaborate, Share and Communicate
Early market engagement
Third-party supplier was engaged to complete work on an organisational vision and strategy programme. This identified key areas and benefits which we will require the partner to help develop and realise work packages to achieve:
Reduced delivery cost through re-use
Reduced effort for adoption and training
Quicker, cheaper implementation of common capabilities
Improved reporting based on holistic data sets
Increased access to communications through multiple and
Increased confidence that audiences are informed
Less time spent to find content
Effective enforcement and monitoring of governance policies
Single source of truth
Increased ability to collaborate with internal users and external
Increased set of capabilities including messaging, task planning
and content management
Audit log capabilities
Additional security applied based on device compliance, location or
Easier to share content and control access
Confidence that the recipient will have access
Increased ability to use tools to find and investigate content like
FOI or SAR.
Increased return on investment for licences and infrastructure
Improved management processes for projects
Reporting on project progress, cost, risks and issues
Any work that’s already been done
A programme has been established; key principles and priorities have been identified through a vision and strategy phase.
An Office365 tenant exists with around 18000 accounts; ADFS is in place but not resilient. Falmouth University have already migrated their intranet to SharePoint online and are heavy users of OneDrive. Teams has a lot of use but not in a structured way. An AD audit via Premiere support was completed which has produced a work package that needs to be addressed before any phase of adoption.
The supplier will work with a blended multi-disciplined transformation team which includes but is not limited to:
Programme Manager (Not yet recruited) Project Managers,
FX Plus Lead/sponsor
Falmouth University Lead/Sponsor
Service Desk Technicians
End users (including, Service Staff, Office Staff and Academic Staff)
Additionally, the Partner will be required to work with any of Falmouth University and FXPlus’s existing incumbent partners/suppliers.
Address where the work will take place
Falmouth University Penryn Campus, Treliever Road, Penryn, Cornwall TR10 9FE, also
FX Plus is located at the Penryn Campus
Falmouth University also has a second Campus at Wood Lane, Falmouth
Cornwall TR11 4RH
We wish to form a true Partnership approach, delivering in a collaborative way.
You will be expected to work openly and collaboratively with Falmouth University, FXPlus and partners.
We will require our partner to work alongside the Falmouth University and FXPlus Programme team and it's current and future suppliers/partners.
To promote quick collaboration and team interaction across the varied services.
Falmouth University and FXPlus has a flexible working policy however the expectation is that the team will attend the office location(s) when business requirements dictate
Knowledge of cyber essentials.
Additional terms and conditions
It is anticipated that additional Falmouth University and FXPlus specific Terms and Conditions will be added to the standard call off contract. Full details of any such additions will be included within the next phase.
Please provide, rate card and travel & subsistence expenses.
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate suppliers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrate your approach and experience in Microsoft tenancy redesign/configuration, inline with Microsoft and sector best practice. Recognising the need for two entities to be serviced by the resulting design;
- Demonstrate your experience of delivering (with direct access and successful utilisation of Microsoft Fast track) an Exchange2010, SharePoint2010, DFS and Skype4Business migration, from on-premise, to the Microsoft365 tenancy;
- Describe how you design for resilience and ensure that business continuity is considered at each phase of design;
- Demonstrate your approach of developing and transforming multiple existing SharePoint based intranets, either already hosted in Microsoft 365 or as part of the migration.
- Detail how you ensure the design and delivery of an engaging intranet solution, better content control and document governance;
- Demonstrate your approach and experience of Azure implementation for; Identity management and PaaS/IaaS capabilities and your experience of migrating legacy on-premise systems;
- Demonstrate your experience in the design and integration of Microsoft technical/cyber controls deployment, including but not limited to; mobile device management by using Intune or Office365 MDM and ATP;
- Explain your experience in leading and/or managing projects concerned with Microsoft365 (especially MSTeams,SharePoint,Intune,PowerApps,PowerBI,Project) including aspects of user adoption, value realisation, setting out your role and that of the client
- Outline your approach establishing and supporting the organisations to identify opportunities to exploit the adoption of the Microsoft365 Platform ensuring maximum organisational, financial value and/or cost savings are achievable;
- State your experience/approach to supporting diverse stakeholder groups across aligned but distinctive organisations, in the context of, Public Sector customers. How you deliver successful transformation agendas through adopting Microsoft365.
- Demonstrate your approach to implementing Project Online and overarching governance and project framework to enhance reporting and dashboards;
- Explain your capabilities and approach to delivering ongoing technical support and training to the businesses within a true partnership model, along with any client-side dependencies;
- Setout your approach to organisational improvement and Change Management, how it delivers value through user adoption of new technology (Microsoft365) utilising enhanced collaboration and increased productivity.
- Setout your vision of a business communication strategy and how you have helped shape an organisation realisation of improved collaboration and communication through the guided introduction of Microsoft365
- Demonstrate your experience of supporting the creation of a customer experience platform using Dynamics365 as the foundation, providing the presentation or migration of business systems within the University Sector;
- Demonstrate your experience of supporting the student recruitment process using Microsoft Dynamics365 as the foundation;
- Experience of implementing Edison365 or proven alternative solution set based on Project Online, to deliver a platform for open collaboration, idea generation and project delivery. With enterprise reporting/dashboard capabilities;
- Detail your overall approach to mobilisation and provide details of assured capacity to mobilise during March 2019;
- Outline your approach and capability to reviewing and managing established licensing structures and SKU optimisation. Focusing on reducing/controlling current and future license requirements.
- Describe what differentiates you as an Gold partner in your ability to deliver value to the Universities and FXPlus in meeting the requirements set out above.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Demonstrable approach and evidenced outcome of continual horizon scanning and the resultant use of new technologies to innovate both within your own organisation and through guidance to your clients;
- Demonstrate strong skill sets in older Microsoft technologies such as Exchange 2010 & SharePoint 2010;
- Demonstrable knowledge of configuring and connecting Azure VPN and expressway for Higher Education customers;
- Set out approach and experience in establishing and maintaining training content and delivery programmes for all users with various skill levels to ensure adoption and enhanced, relevant, digital skills
- Outline what a true partnership means to your organisation within a programme of multiple stakeholders and providers;
How suppliers will be evaluated
How many suppliers to evaluate
Significance and Quality of evidence supplied to meet the “Essential Skills and Experience” and “Nice-to-have skills and experience”;
Cultural fit criteria
- Describe your fit to a teaching and research focused higher educational culture;
- Describe how you respond to stakeholders who on one side come from a very creative and visual background and on the other very process and scientific background;
- What does true partnership mean to you within a programme of multiple stakeholders and providers;
Time and materials
- Written proposal
- Case study
- Work history