Home Office HODDaT Service Architect
12 Incomplete applications
11 SME, 1 large
33 Completed applications
30 SME, 3 large
- Friday 23 November 2018
- Deadline for asking questions
- Tuesday 27 November 2018 at 11:59pm GMT
- Closing date for applications
- Friday 30 November 2018 at 11:59pm GMT
- Specialist role
- Service manager
- Summary of the work
- To work with the team for a Major Programme to define, document and agree with all stakeholders and ongoing service architecture. You will also be responsible for managing the introduction of new Service, working as part of a small team.
- Latest start date
- Monday 11 February 2019
- Expected contract length
- up to 2 years
- Organisation the work is for
- Home Office
- Maximum day rate
- £850 for an exceptional candidate
About the work
- Early market engagement
- Who the specialist will work with
- The internal Programme team
- What the specialist will work on
- Providing a specialist Service Architecture for a major Programme to update a piece of critical national infrastructure.
- Address where the work will take place
- Home Office premises within the M25 – currently 2 Marsham Street, London SW1P 4DF, Metro Point, Sydenham Road, Croydon CR0 2EU and Hendon Data Centre, Aerodrome Road, London, NW9 5JE
- Working arrangements
- Work alongside existing team and project manager.
- Security clearance
- To have or undergo SC Clearance
- Additional terms and conditions
- Travel: outside M25 is payable subject to Home Office travel expense policy. Subsistence is not payable.
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate suppliers’ technical competence.
- Essential skills and experience
- The successful candidate will be an experienced IT professional.
- In depth service management experience & understanding of ITIL (V3).
- Comprehensive and recent experience designing and implementing service architectures for complex systems in large government departments or other large organisations
- Demonstrable track record of successfully taking an evolutionary approach to service architecture.
- Strong communications, relationship building, negotiation and influencing skills; able to ensure that advice regarding the service specialism is acted upon.
- A creative and pragmatic approach to service design.
- Ability to absorb new technical, commercial and business concepts quickly, and work with them.
- Recognised expertise in service model development and its application within a business environment e.g. intelligent customer functions.
- A sound, broad knowledge of IT and an excellent understanding of how support services impact on other business functions.
- Demonstrable experience of transforming business needs into contractual requirements.
- Nice-to-have skills and experience
- ITIL V3 Expert Qualification
- Experience with automated configuration management, deployment and testing solutions.
- Experience with open source solutions and community.
- Knowledge of Agile development, deployment and operations lifecycle
- Experience using and deploying on Cloud based platforms
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience of providing or managing outsourced service management services.
How suppliers will be evaluated
- How many specialists to evaluate
- Cultural fit criteria
- Works well in a collaborative team
- Demonstrate courage (e.g. can express controversial views, confront reality, and make tough decisions, question actions inconsistent with group behaviours, candid about progress/estimates)
- Demonstrate responsibility (e.g. act like a leader, serve your team, provide solutions to problems, engage in external/internal environments, seek the best for the organisation beyond your team)
- Demonstrate vulnerability (e.g. declare uncertainty, fear, recognise mistakes, apologise, and acknowledge weaknesses) Demonstrate simplicity (e.g. take simple steps to goals, do less but better, mitigate failures, talk straight with respect)
- Demonstrate excellence (e.g. seek actionable feedback, set challenging targets, know users, deliver cost effective high level customer satisfaction)
- Demonstrate enthusiasm (e.g. bring whole self to work, celebrate success, share passion and energy with others, optimistic)
- Assessment methods
- Work history
- Evaluation weighting
Questions asked by suppliers
- 1. Is this a new role or is there an incumbent in place?
- This is a re-procurement with an incumbent in place.
- 2. Hi, is this role outside IR35 or inside IR35?
- As per the buyers guide, Digital Outcomes and Specialists 3 framework can only be used for workers who meet the rules for working off-payroll (known as ‘outside IR35’). See https://www.gov.uk/guidance/digital-outcomes-and-specialists-buyers-guide#what-you-can-buy-on-digital-outcomes-and-specialists .
3. Does the start date include a hand-over period?
Or will the new Service Architect have to plan to start earlier than the stated start date.
- The current call-off ends on 19th February 2019 which will allow a week for handover.