SAS Admin & Developer
6 Incomplete applications
6 SME, 0 large
3 Completed applications
2 SME, 1 large
- Friday 12 October 2018
- Deadline for asking questions
- Tuesday 16 October 2018 at 11:59pm GMT
- Closing date for applications
- Friday 19 October 2018 at 11:59pm GMT
- Specialist role
- Data engineer
- Summary of the work
- Opportunity to use your SAS expertise and knowledge on a cloud based analytical platform.
- Latest start date
- Friday 30 November 2018
- Expected contract length
- up to 12 months
- Organisation the work is for
- Department of Business Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Maximum day rate
- £250 per day
About the work
- Early market engagement
- Who the specialist will work with
- The team is embedded with the Analytical community and serves other external departments, but all users are Analysts (Statisticians, Economists, Operational Researchers and Social Researchers).
- What the specialist will work on
1. Monitoring SAS servers so that they are running in the most efficient state.
2. Support others to develop their own SAS capabilities, including ProcSQL and maintenance.
3. Ensure data stored in SAS server is held securely and stored efficiently.
4. Help develop technology paths so other databases and software packages to access SAS.
5. Using best coding techniques to get the best out of SAS capabilities.
- Address where the work will take place
- Westminster, London
- Working arrangements
On-site 5 days a week.
meetings with users and teams in London offices
- Security clearance
- Willing to undergo Security Clearance (SC).
- Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate suppliers’ technical competence.
- Essential skills and experience
- Experience of administration of SAS Server - 12 points
- Experience of using BASE SAS, Enterprise Guide, Graph and another major SAS component - 12 points
- Experience of at least one scripting language, such as VB Script, Python, PHP or a similar language - 12 points
- Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Previous experience of using R - 3 points
- Experience of working with MS SQL Server or another SQL database - 3 points
- Experience of Linux OS, such Ubuntu 16 (or later) or anything similar - 3 points
- Experience of transferring data between SAS and other applications - 3 points
- Experience of MS Excel and MS Access 2010 or later - 3 points
- Experience of designing databases - 3 points
How suppliers will be evaluated
- How many specialists to evaluate
- Cultural fit criteria
- Able to work in a small multi-skilled team - 3 points
- Willing to help develop other colleagues' capability - 3 points
- Always be willing to help users - 3 points
- Willing to working within the existing toolset - 3 points
- Able to communicate complex solutions in a simple manner for non-technical users - 3 points
- Assessment methods
- Work history
- Evaluation weighting
Questions asked by suppliers
- 1. Is the role in or outside of IR35
- The role is outside of IR35
- 2. Is there a possibility for the budget to be increased?
- Unfortunately the budget is at the limit and unlikely to change.
- 3. Is there a current incumbent?
- No. This is a new role.
- 4. Is it possible to work remotely for this role?