2 Incomplete applications
2 SME, 0 large
5 Completed applications
4 SME, 1 large
- Monday 1 October 2018
- Deadline for asking questions
- Monday 8 October 2018 at 11:59pm GMT
- Closing date for applications
- Monday 15 October 2018 at 11:59pm GMT
- Specialist role
- Content designer
- Summary of the work
- The Hardware configuration role is required to create the physical, system documentation for a deployed capability.
- Latest start date
- Thursday 1 November 2018
- Expected contract length
- 22 weeks (up to 31 March 2019) with a 6 week unfunded option.
- West Midlands
- Organisation the work is for
- Defence Equipment & Support
- Maximum day rate
£450 per day worked (8 hours).
Anticipated travel to MOD Abbey Wood at least 2 days per month to be included within this rate.
About the work
- Early market engagement
- Who the specialist will work with
- The Hardware configuration role holder will report to and will be directed, on a daily basis, by the appointed Project Manager for the creation, maintenance and configuration control of deployed technical documentation.
- What the specialist will work on
- Complete assembly of the hardware including cables and peripherals. Document the assembly guide (doubling as a hardware LLD), calling on the Technical Author as required.
- Review and adapt existing SOIs and hardware build guides to suit the delivery, particularly on re-used components such as Satcom, Printers, Peripherals etc.
- Review and adapt any hardware repair and hardware proactive maintenance instructions, working with Tech. Author to deliver as Work Instructions.
- Hands on validation of all configuration guides (work instructions) produced by the Network or System designers, for hardware configuration (Network, Client, Printer, Voice/Video Peripherals etc).
- Address where the work will take place
- Working arrangements
40 hrs (8hrs Mon - Fri).
This role will be based at the West Midlands site with anticipated travel to MOD Abbey Wood at least 2 times per Month to attend meetings with the Delivery Team. No expenses are payable as this travel is expected to be inclusive within the daily rate.
- Security clearance
- MOD DV required on day 1 of the appointment due to the sensitivity of the role.
- Additional terms and conditions
In the event that the post is vacated the Supplier shall ensure that it is filled within one working week by a candidate who meets the criteria of this competition with prior approval of the Buyer.
The Supplier and their representatives shall abide by:
DEFCON 5J(Edn 18/11/16)-Unique Identifiers
DEFCON 76(Edn 12/06)-Contractor’s Personnel at Government Sites
DEFCON 501(Edn 11/17)-Definitions and Interpretations
DEFCON 522(Edn 11/17)-Payment and Recovery of Sums Due
DEFCON 658(Edn 10/17)-Cyber
DEFCON 659A(Edn 02/17)-Security Measures
DEFCON 660(Edn 12/15)-Official-Sensitive Security Requirements
DEFCON 703(Edn 08/13)-Intellectual Property Rights - Vesting in the Authority
Available online at: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/acquisition-operating-framework.
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate suppliers’ technical competence.
- Essential skills and experience
- The Hardware configuration role requires generalist knowledge of the following technologies:
- Desktop hardware e.eg Laptops, Printers, VoIP peripherals, Video peripherals.
- Familiar with network hardware such as routers, switches.
- Familiar with encryption devices.
- Experience of developing Technical CIS documentation.
- Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Previous experience in system administration.
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities with strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Knowledgeable of transition, upgrades, refresh projects in an Agile environment.
How suppliers will be evaluated
- How many specialists to evaluate
- Cultural fit criteria
- Ability to work with others in a high pressure, Operational Environment that frequently manages conflicting priorities.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Assessment methods
- Work history
- Evaluation weighting
Questions asked by suppliers
- 1. Is there currently an incumbent in the role and will they be reapplying through DOS?
- There is no incumbent, this is a requirement for additional resource.