Software Automation/Robotics Specialist
3 Incomplete applications
1 SME, 2 large
3 Completed applications
2 SME, 1 large
- Monday 1 October 2018
- Deadline for asking questions
- Monday 8 October 2018 at 11:59pm GMT
- Closing date for applications
- Monday 15 October 2018 at 11:59pm GMT
- Specialist role
- Summary of the work
Prove viability of automation/robotics technology to introduce efficient software testing procedures to meet the demands arising from increased requirement for OS and software patching.
The specialist will work with staff to analyse target software, identify tools and work with staff to build a simple technology-proving example.
- Latest start date
- Monday 7 January 2019
- Expected contract length
- 2-3 weeks
- Northern Ireland
- Organisation the work is for
- Belfast City Council
- Maximum day rate
About the work
- Early market engagement
- Who the specialist will work with
Target system specialists
Server & end user device Admin teams
- What the specialist will work on
1. Analyse software required to be tested by automation/robotics techniques
2. Identify adequate tools to achieve outcomes.
3. Help build a tech proving solution, facilitating knowledge transfer to Council officers.
4. Help develop knowledge of viability of technology for automated software testing.
- Address where the work will take place
9 Adelaide St.
- Working arrangements
To work closely with Digital Services team members face to face.
Must be given access to systems that require application of automation/robotics techniques for patch/upgrade testing.
Will need to work with multi-disciplinary team for the purposes of goal achievement and knowledge transfer.
Expect an engagement of approx. 2 weeks (10 days) to achieve this.
- Security clearance
- Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate suppliers’ technical competence.
- Essential skills and experience
- Experience in implementing automation/robotics technolgy
- Experience in applying automation/robotics technology to testing
- Experience and knowledge of a range of appropriate open source and commercial tools
- Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Experience of working with software accessed via Microsoft Terminal Services
How suppliers will be evaluated
- How many specialists to evaluate
- Cultural fit criteria
- Work well with a multi-disciplanary team
- Be able to present and communicate with technical ICT management
- Be able to transfer skills to technical team members
- Experience of working in public sector
- Assessment methods
- Work history
- Evaluation weighting
Questions asked by suppliers
No questions have been answered yet