NLEDP 114 - (National Law Enforcement Data Programme ) Technical Transition Architect
7 Incomplete applications
7 SME, 0 large
9 Completed applications
8 SME, 1 large
- Wednesday 15 August 2018
- Deadline for asking questions
- Wednesday 22 August 2018 at 11:59pm GMT
- Closing date for applications
- Wednesday 29 August 2018 at 11:59pm GMT
- Specialist role
- Technical Architect
- Summary of the work
- The requirement is for a technical transition architect responsible for defining, co-ordinating and delivering solutions to transition interfaces to a new platform.
- Latest start date
- Wednesday 3 October 2018
- Expected contract length
- up to 24 months
- Organisation the work is for
- Home Office
- Maximum day rate
About the work
- Early market engagement
- Who the specialist will work with
- The specialist will be required to work with internal technical and project management teams, other suppliers and external stakeholders.
- What the specialist will work on
The role will be working within the National Law Enforcement Data Programme. It requires a deep understanding of system-to-system interfaces with experience of transition and migration from a mainframe architecture.
The specialist is expected to be a self-starter who can lead a team of technical staff to produce and deliver on detailed transition plans. The individual will work with a range of internal and external technical stakeholders to agree practical solutions to in order to mitigate business impact to transition.
- Address where the work will take place
The following locations:
• Hendon Data Centre, Collindale
• Home Office, 2 Marsham Street, London SW1P 4DF
• Home Office, Croydon
- Working arrangements
- 5 days a week, based at the Home Office in Marsham Street / Croydon /Hendon Data Centre.
- Security clearance
- A minimum of SC clearance is required – candidates must be cleared or have the ability to be cleared
- Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate suppliers’ technical competence.
- Essential skills and experience
- Recent (within the last 4 years) demonstrable experience of working on a transition from an Adabas-based mainframe environment to a modern open system.
- Recent (within the last 4 years) demonstrable experience of producing a detailed solution architecture for transition. In particular defining solutions for user/system to system interfaces.
- Recent (within the last 4 years) demonstrable experience of co-ordinating activities across various programme work streams to ensure an effective, efficient and joined up approach to transition activities
- Recent (within the last 4 years) demonstrable experience of working with many external stakeholders, data consumers or providers to define an agreed transition solution architecture.
- Experience of Software AG integration products.
- Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Experience with Agile development
How suppliers will be evaluated
- How many specialists to evaluate
- Cultural fit criteria
- Work as a team with our organisation and other suppliers.
- Work iteratively, sharing products as they are developed.
- Transparent, collaborative and evidence based approach to making decisions or recommendations.
- Assessment methods
- Work history
- Evaluation weighting
Questions asked by suppliers
- 1. What is the IR35 status?
- 2. Is there a current incumbent?
- 3. What is the IR35 status?
At present this is deemed to be outside of IR35.
However this will be reviewed again at Contract Award.