Pega Technology Expertise
3 Incomplete applications
1 SME, 2 large
4 Completed applications
0 SME, 4 large
- Friday 3 August 2018
- Deadline for asking questions
- Friday 10 August 2018 at 11:59pm GMT
- Closing date for applications
- Friday 17 August 2018 at 11:59pm GMT
- Summary of the work
We are looking for Pegasystems registered partners with experience in cloud-based Pega 7 Government Platform delivery to support our digital agenda, providing Scrum team Pega Expertise to take ownership of aspects of projects.
The supplier will be responsible for ensuring their resource work alongside permanent CDMG staff and other suppliers.
- Latest start date
- Monday 1 October 2018
- Expected contract length
- 24 months
- West Midlands
- Organisation the work is for
- Revenue & Customs Digital Technology Services (RCDTS)
- Budget range
- £5M will be the budget to cover the 2 year contract per supplier.
About the work
- Why the work is being done
We are looking for two Pegasystems registered partners with experience in cloud-based Pega 7 Government Platform delivery to support us with our digital agenda and to support the anticipated immediate demand from the Compliance For The Future (CFTF) Programme under the CCG Directorate and the BREXIT related programmes of Customs Declaration System and Border Systems Programme.
Having a mix of permanent and contract staff avoids having surplus permanent staff employed should we see a reoccurrence of the previous drop in demand for Pega driven solutions, whilst the business qualify their business cases.
- Problem to be solved
CMDG are commissioned by HMRC to deliver Pega based solutions driven by challenging timescales. The only effective way to do this is to supplement our in house capabilities with capability from external Service Providers.
HMRC require partners to deliver the technical aspects of new and existing front facing services developed in Pega to meet Government standards. This will include (but is not limited to) technical agile specialists incorporating work in scrum teams and delivering in phased sprints. This will be done through outcome based statements of work for a variety of programmes.
- Who the users are and what they need to do
- Case Management Delivery Group (CMDG) who are part of Revenue & Customs Digital Technology Services (RCDTS) need to supply solutions that enable and enhance the HMRC customers digital experience. They help HMRC achieve its strategic objectives to maximise revenues due and bear down on avoidance and evasion , transform tax and payments for our customers and design and deliver a professional, efficient and engaged organisation.
- Early market engagement
- A supplier engagement event was held in Telford on Friday 27th July providing further information around RCDTS Case Management Delivery Group and the work that they do. The outputs from that event are available to all interested suppliers. These can be obtained by emailing email@example.com.
- Any work that’s already been done
- The work is in a mix of the phases of an agile project, some is still in discovery, whilst other work has moved to mainstream delivery with phased releases to live.
- Existing team
Service Providers must be capable of flexing to meet business demands. It is envisaged whole Scrum teams would be required for differing role/skill specialisms. Where these roles are provided through the proposal, RCDTS require the certifications detailed below:
• Pega Developer (Certified SSA)
• Lead Pega Developer (Certified LSA)
• Scrum Master (Certified PSM II or equivilent)
• Test Analyst (Certified ISTQB Foundation and ISTQB Agile Tester)
• Senior Test Analyst (Certified ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst)
• Automation Developer (Certified ISTQB Advanced Test Automation Engineer)
• Solutions Architect (Certified LSA)
• Business Analyst (Preferred BSC Certified Business Analysis in Agile)
- Current phase
- Not applicable
- Address where the work will take place
- Plaza 2, Ironmasters Way, Telford. TF3 4NT
- Working arrangements
HMRC would prefer the supplier team to be on site or closely located to the address identified above 5 days per week.
Travel may be expected between the other Delivery Group and Client sites. Expenses will be paid as per agreed contract rates.
We expect the successful supplier to provide upskilling and skills transfer to RCDTS permanent staff to increase internal capability.
In addition to whole Scrum teams, it is anticipated that the Service Providers may be required to work in a mixed team of staff made up of resources from CMDG and/or other Service Providers.
- Security clearance
- A Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) pack will be needed for all supplier contractor.
- Additional terms and conditions
- All personnel engaged in the provision of this service must have a minimum of three years experience work in roles of their designated role/skill specialism, with an expectation of five years minimum experience for lead roles.
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate suppliers’ technical competence.
- Essential skills and experience
- Evidence of quickly identifying and inputting the required skills, roles and resources to deliver outcome based service provision in a time pressured agile environment
- Have demonstrable experience of collaborative working with a client's ‘in-house’ teams, delivering a knowledge sharing programme with measurable results.
- Have demonstrable experience of successfully developing services using a pragmatic Agile approach.
- Have demonstrable experience of scaling up and down teams to accommodate either new requirements or changes within the delivery pipeline.
- Have demonstrable experience of providing additional and/or value added activities when acting in the role of a partner supplier to an organisation
- Example of where you have provided teams to design and implement Pega applications through the software development lifecycle, including a breakdown of all team members and the roles they played.
- Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Supplier would ideally have had a significant multi team contract with a public sector body
- Experience of working on a multi-active cloud platform using open source software that includes Jenkins and coded in Pega
How suppliers will be evaluated
- How many suppliers to evaluate
- Proposal criteria
- Technical capability as demonstrated in their written examples, and required at interview
- Approach and methodology
- Cultural fit criteria
- Able to start on the work immediately.
- Have excellent communication skills with staff at all levels of the organisation
- Adhere to HMRC's Code of Conduct
- Will take responsibility for their work
- Be willing to collaborate and partner, including with other suppliers and HMRC staff at all levels.
- Proactively share knowledge and experiences with members of team, especially with junior HMRC staff.
- Be innovative and promote ideas and suggestions as applicable
- Focus on achieving value for money in all activities
- Payment approach
- Fixed price
- Assessment methods
- Written proposal
- Case study
- Evaluation weighting
Questions asked by suppliers
- 1. How will the work projects be allocated between the two winning suppliers?
- CMDG will endeavour to allocate the projects of work equally between the two suppliers. Initially work will be allocated based on capacity and availability of the suppliers, as well as matching up any specific skills identified throughout the evaluation process which would benefit the projects. As the contract progresses, CMDG and the suppliers will work together to develop knowledge of projects to deliver efficiently. This knowledge will then be used to identify the correct projects for each supplier.
- 2. One of the "nice to have" questions asks: Supplier would ideally have had a significant multi team contract with a public sector body. Do you mean Supplier has experience of working on a contract with a public sector body where we work with other suppliers' and client's in-house teams. Or do you mean the Supplier should have experience of providing multiple teams (e.g. an Agile DevOps team, Apps Support team, Desktop support team etc) to that Public Sector body.
The answer is the latter:
Supplier should have experience of providing multiple teams (e.g. an Agile DevOps team, Apps Support team, Desktop support team etc) to that Public Sector body.